HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Absolutely no dealer will charge you 250bucks for to install a lift, I think that number was pulled out of that dudes pooper. You can expect anywhere between 600-1500 hundred. They are called stealerships for a reason.

I installed my Mopar Lift on my 2 door rubi and it took me about 4 hours. That was with inexperience and a shit ton of beer breaks.
Sponsored

Dcoury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
WOW
After reading this forum I am a little disappointed with the dealership I purchased from. They pride themselves on being a wrangler dealership and have crates of Mopar lift kits all over ...
They quoted be $2,500
A quick breakdown that equals out to $750 in labor which for a group that does a lot of shouldn't take them more than 3 hours ... so that is $250 an hour ...hmmm
Had Peterson Dodge in Utah install our Mopar Lift, they charged $1495.00 for the lift and $525.00 for labor. I felt that this was a fair price and am very happy with the lift.
Also it was a no haggle experience and best by far that I have ever had purchasing a vehicle. We drove over from Oregon to pick it up an no suprises when we arrived. Everything was as stated by our sales person Kent which was nice for a change.

dogbreath650

First Name
Bobo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubicon
Here's some advice from a long time Jeep owner. If you intend on wheeling or doing many mods to your Jeep learn how to do it yourself, it isn't that hard. It can be a little intimidating at first if you don't have the tools, skills or place to work on it. However the best way for new folks to get through this is to look around for a local Jeep or 4WD club and join up. Most clubs will be happy to help a newbie get started. Our club will schedule wrench parties at a members garage to work on projects/mods if you don't have a place or tools to do it yourself, plus most of the experienced members have a lot of knowledge they like to pass on.

The cost savings from doing these things yourself can be substantial, even after buying yourself the tools you need along the way. Another big advantage is that if you break down somewhere along the trail you're a lot more likely to be able to figure out a trail fix to get home if you're used to working on your rig yourself...

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Here's some advice from a long time Jeep owner. If you intend on wheeling or doing many mods to your Jeep learn how to do it yourself, it isn't that hard. It can be a little intimidating at first if you don't have the tools, skills or place to work on it. However the best way for new folks to get through this is to look around for a local Jeep or 4WD club and join up. Most clubs will be happy to help a newbie get started. Our club will schedule wrench parties at a members garage to work on projects/mods if you don't have a place or tools to do it yourself, plus most of the experienced members have a lot of knowledge they like to pass on.

The cost savings from doing these things yourself can be substantial, even after buying yourself the tools you need along the way. Another big advantage is that if you break down somewhere along the trail you're a lot more likely to be able to figure out a trail fix to get home if you're used to working on your rig yourself...
I appreciate the info and I agree ... this is actually my 4th jeep (Well Wife's Jeep) and I have done the RK 2.5 flex install on my 2012 Jk, the Evo coil leveling kit on my 2015 jkur, the 3.5 inch rough country lift on my 97 sahara ... Im so busy at work, the last thing I want to do right now is to be in my driveway in the freezing cold with my wife standing over my shoulder making sure I don't mess anything up lol plus I still need to get the broken axle out of my quad ...

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
I dare say supply and demand play a significant role in what we experience for pricing. From what I've heard dealers make the majority of their profit in service and used cars. I also believe most of the parts they sell have a 100% markup. My buddy owned his own shop and always charged me his cost for parts, on the occasions I checked his supplier's site my cost was 50% off their advertised price. This explains the wild price differences you see when you shop around.

My dealer is charging me $1,295 for the 2" lift on my Rubicon (whenever it get delivered). The list price for that part is $1,495 and they will likely pay MOPAR $750-800 for that part. I don't remember the install costs quoted but they basically said it will take a couple of hours. Could I find it for less? yep! Could I install in my buddy's garage on a Saturday afternoon? yep. Would the dealer be able to deny me warranty work and blame the lift / install if I did that? Possibly. Do I want to save $600, give up a Saturday afternoon and deal with possible warranty issues down the road? Nope!

All that said, if there are 8 people in line behind me willing to pay what they want I really have 2 choices, pay it or shop around and try to get it done for less. In my case I trust my dealer, they treat me well, which I why I drive 45 min each way for service when I could get the same work done at a dealer 15 minutes from my house.

For sure if they quoted me 2K+ installed I would take that quote to another Jeep dealer (first) and then possibly to a no affiliation shop for better pricing. Sometimes it may help to say 'I'd love to keep my service business here but unless you can discount the parts I'm going to shop around'. If they want the business, they should knock at least a couple of hundred off. If not, it may be best to move on anyway.

Sponsored

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Thank you everyone for the info

Yeah, I just got a quote from a local jeep show owned by a guy I used to wheel with.
$2,700 for the Clayton 2.5 ride right with fox shocks installed
I think that is a better deal

Riggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Altitude
WOW
After reading this forum I am a little disappointed with the dealership I purchased from. They pride themselves on being a wrangler dealership and have crates of Mopar lift kits all over ...
They quoted be $2,500
A quick breakdown that equals out to $750 in labor which for a group that does a lot of shouldn't take them more than 3 hours ... so that is $250 an hour ...hmmm
The Dealership I purchased my Jeep from, quoted me 10 hours at $176 an hour. The quote was for over $3,000 total. I asked them how many lifts they had done. They said 2. Needles to say I am not going there.

Another dealership quoted me $2,050 for the lift and install. They said it would take them 4 to 5 hours.

I have stopped at a couple other 4x4 shops as well. Their prices ranged between $2,000 - $2,500, but was for other lifts brands.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
WOW
They quoted be $2,500
You pay for their expertise, stop being a stingy asshole.

Sponsored

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
I’m not going with the Mopar lift but they also have 15% off the lift capped at $200. $1,695 installed is much better than some are reporting. Hope this helps someone out.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cost to install Mopar 2" lift 14E92142-079B-41DC-A2D1-C19CFB57057A

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
I had a dealer and a local shop quote me $440 for install, so I let the dealer do it for that. I think it was $1600-1700 total.