Are you experiencing corrosion near your hinges

• Total voters

R4D4R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
All
First time poster, long time Jeeper here. Ive been looking into upgrading my JKU to a JLU in the not too distant future. Doing some reading around and I stumbled on the 40 page thread on the corrosion appearing around the hinges on the doors and hoods of the JLs.

Looks to be pretty wide spread but as we all know you only post problems if youre having them, not if everything is fine. Wondering how wide spread the issue is.

I have some galvanic corrosion between the aluminum hinges and steel door on my JK with no barrier in between. I think FCA fixed that somewhere around 2014 (I have a 12), with some sort of gasket between the dissimilar metals. My corrosion only came up after like 5-6 years. These JLs are all less than 3 and some are less than a year old. Is the problem just a first few MY thing before they get the aluminum doors figured out or is it still a problem? or maybe not a wide problem at all.
Sponsored

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
All
First time poster, long time Jeeper here. Ive been looking into upgrading my JKU to a JLU in the not too distant future. Doing some reading around and I stumbled on the 40 page thread on the corrosion appearing around the hinges on the doors and hoods of the JLs.

Looks to be pretty wide spread but as we all know you only post problems if youre having them, not if everything is fine. Wondering how wide spread the issue is.

I have some galvanic corrosion between the aluminum hinges and steel door on my JK with no barrier in between. I think FCA fixed that somewhere around 2014 (I have a 12), with some sort of gasket between the dissimilar metals. My corrosion only came up after like 5-6 years. These JLs are all less than 3 and some are less than a year old. Is the problem just a first few MY thing before they get the aluminum doors figured out or is it still a problem? or maybe not a wide problem at all.
Have a look...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-corrosion.60028/

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Mine appeared at about 1yr of ownership. Heading back to my dealer within the next couple of weeks for my second corrosion repair within 2 yrs.
Sponsored