Corrosion anyone?

DarceyJean

First Name
Darcey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Sahara
Anyone experience corrosion on their door locks? Jeep is 2 months old and both sides are corroded as heck!
Sponsored

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
We have had ours for 6 months and live in Michigan where they oversalt the roads. No corrosion on the door locks so far. I do spray everything with fluid film/woolwax though.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
OP, Are you absolutely religious about rinsing off the salt and road stuff?? I've seen pics on this forum of Wranglers newer than mine that look like total crap.

G.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DarceyJean

DarceyJean

First Name
Darcey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Sahara
I am incredibly diligent to keeping the jeep clean. Jeep has been professionally graphene'd as well. Pics attached.

received_238259228459317.jpeg

received_1008508053102411.jpeg

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Actually, I do have that. Doesn’t strike me as corrosion but never gave it much thought.

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
We have had ours for 6 months and live in Michigan where they oversalt the roads. No corrosion on the door locks so far. I do spray everything with fluid film/woolwax though.
I tried fluid film, but the smell in my garage from that is horrible. I used black though. Never heard of wool wax

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
What in the world, that is incredibly weird. I definitely don't have that and never had had anything like that on any of my vehicles. Have you tried a heavy duty tree sap/bug/tar remover? Maybe it's surface salt/grim that adheres to the door lock? That is 100% corrosion though. I wonder if other Jeeps at the dealership that sit on the lot have a similar issue where you live, did you look for that?

Sponsored

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
That is bizarre. I wonder if there was something sprayed on it that reacted with the chrome. Or I wonder if there was an abrasive cleaner applied to the paint and an orbital was used to buff it out. It seems to only be on the higher points.

Taco2Rubi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Wondering if when you had the professional graphene detail, the detailer went over those with buffer & somehow this caused the issue?

OP
OP
DarceyJean

DarceyJean

First Name
Darcey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Sahara
Was there before the graphene was put on. I did call the dealership - they have had others do this and said they won't be replaced and it is due to road salt in winter - so I am starting the process to get a warranty replacement - I have lived here my entire life and have always had new vehicles every 3 to 5 years from various brands (Pontiac, Ford, Audi, Toyota, VW) and none of my cards have ever had this happen.

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
Was there before the graphene was put on. I did call the dealership - they have had others do this and said they won't be replaced and it is due to road salt in winter - so I am starting the process to get a warranty replacement - I have lived here my entire life and have always had new vehicles every 3 to 5 years from various brands (Pontiac, Ford, Audi, Toyota, VW) and none of my cards have ever had this happen.
What do you mean that you're starting the process to get a warranty replacement? Didn't the dealer said that it wouldn't be replaced?

I'm just curious for myself...like what if I need a part replaced and the dealer said no. What's the next step?