Correct OEM TPMS sensors?

Johnczar4

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 Wrangler Sport S
Looking online for TPMS sensors for 2019 JLU. Bought Rubi takeoff Wheels/rims w 285/70R17 supposedly with TPMS sensors inside. Took home mounted the tires- no sensors. Had dealer check- none inside. What are the correct OEM sensors? I’ve seen Mopar 68406537AA, but have also seen Mopar 56029398AB Supposedly works just the same because they are 433 MHz. Worth the $60 a piece for the AA or $56 for set of 5 of the AB?
Thanks
Jeep Wrangler JL Correct OEM TPMS sensors? 27472358-7C5E-4F5F-8E77-2CF69D0B5387
Sponsored

JLBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory order JL once I finalize the configuration..
Is there a reason you don’t want to take the ones out of your original tires?

OP
OP
Johnczar4

Johnczar4

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 Wrangler Sport S
Is there a reason you don’t want to take the ones out of your original tires?
Saw a set of 5 of the AA for $129. Believe they want $30 a tire to remove the old ones to remount and balance. - this in addition to the new mount and balance. Original Tires in great shape. Saving them to put on my son’s car when his tires need to be replaced in a few months.

JLBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory order JL once I finalize the configuration..
Looking online for TPMS sensors for 2019 JLU. Bought Rubi takeoff Wheels/rims w 285/70R17 supposedly with TPMS sensors inside. Took home mounted the tires- no sensors. Had dealer check- none inside. What are the correct OEM sensors? I’ve seen Mopar 68406537AA, but have also seen Mopar 56029398AB Supposedly works just the same because they are 433 MHz. Worth the $60 a piece for the AA or $56 for set of 5 of the AB?
Thanks
27472358-7C5E-4F5F-8E77-2CF69D0B5387.jpeg
Saw a set of 5 of the AA for $129. Believe they want $30 a tire to remove the old ones to remount and balance. - this in addition to the new mount and balance. Original Tires in great shape. Saving them to put on my son’s car when his tires need to be replaced in a few months.
Awe! Gotcha!
I think the letters are revision numbers. No idea why different part numbers though. .

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
You could ask @Goin2drt who runs a TMPS business.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
You could ask @Goin2drt who runs a TMPS business.
Thanks for that.
Schrader 20398 is the OE sensor and on some 20’s they Added the Fill Alert System where the Jeep will beep when it gets to the correct pressure. Those are Schrader 29117. Both with the same protocol so they both work however the Fill Alert will only work with the 29117.

As I have stated before you can get cheaper “programmable” sensors. We are finding that the non OE sensors are hit or miss when you have a lifted Jeep with thicker ply tires. . I sell all of the brands. From cheap Chinese made Hamaton to Autel. I also sell the top brands that make all the OE sensors for every car which are Huf, Schrader, VDO and Pacific. We have literally tried every sensor in the Jeep.

People can and should do what they want however my recommendation at least with the Wrangler is buy OE. When you are buying OE there is no need to go to the dealer and pay those prices HOWEVER a OE Schrader sensor that is legit is going to cost you about $30. If you are paying less they are either refurbished, used or worse of all fake. Yes there are tons of fakes.

Hope that helps.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks for that.
Schrader 20398 is the OE sensor and on some 20’s they Added the Fill Alert System where the Jeep will beep when it gets to the correct pressure. Those are Schrader 29117. Both with the same protocol so they both work however the Fill Alert will only work with the 29117.

As I have stated before you can get cheaper “programmable” sensors. We are finding that the non OE sensors are hit or miss when you have a lifted Jeep with thicker ply tires. . I sell all of the brands. From cheap Chinese made Hamaton to Autel. I also sell the top brands that make all the OE sensors for every car which are Huf, Schrader, VDO and Pacific. We have literally tried every sensor in the Jeep.

People can and should do what they want however my recommendation at least with the Wrangler is buy OE. When you are buying OE there is no need to go to the dealer and pay those prices HOWEVER a OE Schrader sensor that is legit is going to cost you about $30. If you are paying less they are either refurbished, used or worse of all fake. Yes there are tons of fakes.

Hope that helps.
Good stuff!
Got ebay cheapies and they're basically $55 for a set of air stems :(

OP
OP
Johnczar4

Johnczar4

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 Wrangler Sport S
Thanks for that.

Hope that helps.
Per one post you have a TPMS business. You have a website?
Thanks

Sponsored

Jeepr

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 2dr Rubicon
You may all use "5%off" as well to get that off your entire order. If the code doesn't work, let me know.
How do you know if your vehicle is equipped with a "fill alert" ? Can you send links to your store for the both options for the JL? I was not able to find the 29117

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Goin2drt
What is this telling me? The right front tire sensor has flat lined. I swapped out the spare tire and get the same flat line. I ran the air pressure up and drove it around, no change.

60AD4FDE-4B13-4293-B20A-72B5C41B1902.jpeg

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Goin2drt
What is this telling me? The right front tire sensor has flat lined. I swapped out the spare tire and get the same flat line. I ran the air pressure up and drove it around, no change.

60AD4FDE-4B13-4293-B20A-72B5C41B1902.jpeg
Did you air up to at least the pressure listed in the door jamb? Also, do you have a Tazer or any other programmer that allows adjusting of the tpms system?

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Thanks for getting back to me!
Yes I have a Tazer mini and it was in when the light came on. I’ve unmarried it and ran the tire pressures up, I’ve driven it around and it’s still flat lining.
Sponsored