Cooper SST Pros 37x12.50R17--Narrow???

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I thought I had done my homework before I ordered, but I just saw on the "Popular Jeep Tires" sticky up here that the actual width on these tires is only 10.2 inches, and the "13.50" wide version is still under 11 inches wide.

What??? I know that the tires are all basically not as tall as they are advertised on the sidewall, but these appear to be the only ones I have seen that are so drastically different than the posted width.

Is this a misprint, or are they really that narrow? Does anyone have any on their rig to confirm?
Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
I thought I had done my homework before I ordered, but I just saw on the "Popular Jeep Tires" sticky up here that the actual width on these tires is only 10.2 inches, and the "13.50" wide version is still under 11 inches wide.

What??? I know that the tires are all basically not as tall as they are advertised on the sidewall, but these appear to be the only ones I have seen that are so drastically different than the posted width.

Is this a misprint, or are they really that narrow? Does anyone have any on their rig to confirm?
The 10.2" is the tread width. The section width is the actual width of the tire when mounted and it is 12.5" or thereabout.

OP
OP

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
The 10.2" is the tread width. The section width is the actual width of the tire when mounted and it is 12.5" or thereabout.
Thanks for the info. And this explains why my repeated searches for “SST Pro + narrow” were no help. I just found on tiresize.com that they list the width as 13”. I assume this is the actual section width.

It seems that on the sticky the SST Pros are the only ones showing tread width and are being compared to the other tires where section width is provided. Maybe deserving of an admin update if true.
Sponsored