Cooper Discoverer STT Pros or Nitto Ridge Grappler on Sport JLU Pictures Needed

Remmy

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2017 F250 6.7, 2018 Expedition
They definitely hum a bit but it's not bad and you get used to it. (Hardtop)

My 37" Ridge Grapplers on my truck are definitely quieter.
Sponsored

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Mopar 2" springs with Rancho shocks and Metalcloak track bars and control arms.
Beefed it up a little more recently with Yokohama 37's

Jeep Wrangler JL Cooper Discoverer STT Pros or Nitto Ridge Grappler on Sport JLU Pictures Needed MDdRx59
Thank you, fox shocks that came with the mopar lift, you tossed em and switched them for the rancho? Better quality? I was looking into the metal cloak lift kit, more money but it comes with everything instead of shopping for individual parts. I got a sport altitude 4 door. If for your opinion is it ok To run 35’s with the mopar life without replacing anything else, because i keep seeing mixed reviews about the ratio and re gearing or not.

Sharkbite22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Thank you, fox shocks that came with the mopar lift, you tossed em and switched them for the rancho? Better quality? I was looking into the metal cloak lift kit, more money but it comes with everything instead of shopping for individual parts. I got a sport altitude 4 door. If for your opinion is it ok To run 35’s with the mopar life without replacing anything else, because i keep seeing mixed reviews about the ratio and re gearing or not.
I ordered the springs separately. You can get them very cheap from online mopar parts stores. I already had the Rancho's from the RC spacer lift I started with. I have the 6 speed tranny in mine and I know there are people on here that run stock sport gears with 35's but I thought it was terrible. I have 488 gears and it worked great with the 35's but I think 513 would be even better now with the 37's. It seems that the automatic trans works a lot better with larger tires and stock gearing on the JL's.

Sponsored

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I ran the Cooper stt pros in 37x12.50x17 and the wear pattern is very hard to maintain, I got about 20k miles before it felt like i was riding over rail road tracks. I rotated, chalk tested and ran about every PSI you could think of but the tires won so I ended up replacing them this week with Nitto Ridge Graps same size. The look on my jeep is very different from a front to rear, as the ridge Graps look allot narrow than the stt pros, a look I'm not really liking so far. The side by side comparison you will notice the wider tread design on the stt pros but again the Ridge is not classified as a mud tire but a hybrid. The drive home was weird to be honest, felt like the tires were mushy and loved to chase the cracks in the road. I got this weird ass low hum from all speeds and the faster you go the louder it gets, im going back to tire shop on Monday to see if i got a bad batch but sounds like a tranny wine almost very odd sound from these tires. current PSI set to 29 so not sure.

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Replaced the Shittos with BFG KM3 37x12.50x17. I'm impressed with the ride so far, but again why are they so narrow?? blows my mind BFG cant make a true 12.50 contact patch tire.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I put up with the STT Pros because they look so damn good. The side treads remind me of the ridges on a crocodile's back.

MOJAVEC22

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 1991 Toyota Hilux
Occupation
Electrician
Replaced the Shittos with BFG KM3 37x12.50x17. I'm impressed with the ride so far, but again why are they so narrow?? blows my mind BFG cant make a true 12.50 contact patch tire.
What’s the verdict? I’m thinking about stt pros. How u liking the bfgs over the coopers?

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
What’s the verdict? I’m thinking about stt pros. How u liking the bfgs over the coopers?
I'll tell you this about the Coopers, once they wear down a bit they become so noisy you cant hear the radio very vey noisy. However, they do look damn good.

Sponsored

MOJAVEC22

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 1991 Toyota Hilux
Occupation
Electrician
I'll tell you this about the Coopers, once they wear down a bit they become so noisy you cant hear the radio very vey noisy. However, they do look damn good.
Oh dam good to know thanks. May give ridge grapplers a try. Was also considering the cooper st maxx but I don’t believe they have 35s or 37s

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
STT PROS are an excellent off road tire. My 37's have 30K flat towed and 20K miles driven. My JLR has become more of a DD'r since selling my RV. The Cooper's still have a lot the tread but are noisy and heavy. I hated doing it but just ordered 5-315/70/17 KO2's from Discount Tire Direct for $1,562. Price is good but the A/T compromise :lipssealed:
Sponsored