CoolTech - wire route to plug

skipdup

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLUR 4xe
I'm in the process of installing the CoolTech Tow Harness. Got the splicing done and switch mounted. About to get under it and start routing the wires to the front plug.

Instead of reinventing the wheel, does anyone have any advice on a nice clean route to take? (tried searching, but couldn't find)

Thanks,
Skip
Sponsored

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2022 JLU Sport S
On my installation I brought the wires out through the hole in the floor under the passenger seat, then into the frame rail at the closest entry point. Fished it through the frame rail up to the front of the Jeep, then over to the spot I chose to mount the connector. I'm not close to the Jeep right now so I can't snap any photos, but it should be pretty easy to route it when you take a look at the frame rail.

AndrewHW

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
After I went through the hole under the passenger seat, I went across a frame rail and then routed up through the engine bay and then out to my connector on the left side of the bumper. It was a bit of a pain but I think it looks pretty clean. Zip tied every foot or so. I can get pictures later.
Sponsored