cooling with after market grill

MC3311

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Wondering if my after market grill / winch will cause any issues with radiator cooling enough on hot days

20200512_172030.jpg
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
MC3311

MC3311

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
WHAT A F**KNHHY UGLY GRILL. While still early and you only have 10 post go and delete your account and create a new one and pretend this never happened lol
ok, I get the hint. I will put my white stock grill on, maybe paint it black though. Sorry I must have been drinking a lot
Please forgive me and I promise I will never do anything like that again
LOL

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Man it is your Jeep. Do what you want. I have looked at some of the rigs the grill police have and they do some fugly stuff as well. To each their own and if you like go for it. That is why Jeep is great.
I do think that particular grill is going to offer less cooling as it appears to be pretty restricted.

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport; 2014 Grand Cherokee Ltd
The winch and cover might restrict more airflow than the grill does. But I not seen anyone here mention that changing the grill slats or adding a winch brought cooling problems.

And the grill police are always watching and ready to pounce with unsolicited opinions.

They are family and we love them... Right?

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Clearly you feel the need to trigger people, which means your grill MUST be racist! Snowflakes who see that will melt even in freezing temperatures.

With that said, it’s YOUR Jeep! If you want to make it uglier than a sack of assholes, who are we to judge? ;)

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
In the JK world, some heavy JKs that had winches sitting in front of grill did report hotter engine temps and considering the JT swapped grill inserts for a marginal gain, I would definitely say that swapping over to that grille will reduce the efficiency of your radiator. Whether its enough of a reduction in efficiency for you to notice will probably depend on the rest of the configuration of your JL.
Sponsored