Sponsored

Coolest, lightest and easy to clean wheels?

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Okay been searching for a set of aftermarket wheels for my Snazzberry JLR. Looking for suggestions from this fine community. Here she is when I took delivery...

Jeep Wrangler JL Coolest, lightest and easy to clean wheels? IMG_2181
Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
That is a nice Jeep. I actually like the OEM wheels that are on it.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Personally, I love the standard Rubicon wheels you have (I have them as well), but will be going with Method 704’s or 705’s when I eventually go to bigger tires. I like the 701’s as well, but I want the titanium color and I don’t see the sense in buying them just to powder coat them.

Also, Method’s aren’t the lightest, but I like the idea of the bead grip because I don’t have any desire for bead locks, and they should be easy to clean because of the simple design.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

That is a nice Jeep. I actually like the OEM wheels that are on it.
I don't mind them either. Planning to swap out tires from the stock 33in to 35in KO2. Been a big fan of BFG KO2 for many years. Currently on my '06 F150 as well. Don't think they make them for Bimmers.

Anyways, was figuring to sell the stock wheels and tires. Figured it might be easier all around, purchase and sale?

Sponsored

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Personally, I love the standard Rubicon wheels you have (I have them as well), but will be going with Method 704’s or 705’s when I eventually go to bigger tires. I like the 701’s as well, but I want the titanium color and I don’t see the sense in buying them just to powder coat them.

Also, Method’s aren’t the lightest, but I like the idea of the bead grip because I don’t have any desire for bead locks, and they should be easy to clean because of the simple design.
Method 701 is on my list. I need to educate myself on 'bead grip'.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Method 701 is on my list. I need to educate myself on 'bead grip'.
It’s essentially a larger lip on the inside of the outer bead, with additional ridges to help you maintain that bead under lower pressures.

It appears to be a good middle ground between a standard wheel and bead lock, but I am having a hard time finding any critical reviews stating they 100% make a difference.

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

That snazzberry would really be a good color for a bronze wheel set. These Vision Flow 351s in bronze are light (26 lbs) in a 17x9 -12 offset for about $175 each
https://www.visionwheel.com/wheel/14765/VisionWheel/351 Flow?finishID=22

1651549843496.png

I doubt these would be as light but I'm a big fan of the Icon Rebounds too! About twice as much $$ though.

1651550341710.png
Thanks, Brad! I really like the bronze color as well. However I also like the idea of a two color Snazz/Black vs. a third color be it in silver or bronze. Torn. Hadn't seen the Visions and at 26lb I like that. I plan to tow behind my Class C RV so I need to be conscious of adding weight.

Here is a front view with bumper and lighting mods...
Jeep Wrangler JL Coolest, lightest and easy to clean wheels? IMG_2365

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

It’s essentially a larger lip on the inside of the outer bead, with additional ridges to help you maintain that bead under lower pressures.

It appears to be a good middle ground between a standard wheel and bead lock, but I am having a hard time finding any critical reviews stating they 100% make a difference.
Would be interesting (at least to me as a structural engineer) to see the cross section of a standard wheel and a bead grip design.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase

Methods may not be the lightest, I dont know what wheels are, however my 17 inch methods 313 are only 23.5 lbs each, lightest wheel combo I've ever owned was 350z track wheels V1, 18x8(or 9) and only 18 lbs per rear wheel, front wheels were slightly lighter but skinnier. I also wish they made the 313 in bronze but not yet

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Also, if you're concerned about weight, BFG AT/TA KO2s are generally lighter than any other comparably sized AT tire.

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

At 22lbs, these Black Rhino wheels are the lightest you're going to find anywhere:

https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/truck-wheels-truck-rims-rumble.php#wheel-specs

...and their design is simple and easy-to-clean.
That looks good but don't think it fits. No 5x5.
Also, if you're concerned about weight, BFG AT/TA KO2s are generally lighter than any other comparably sized AT tire.
Yes, been a fan of KO2's for a long time. On my F150 as well. The stock 33s are KO2s and my plan to go to 35s will also be KO2s. đź‘Ť
Sponsored