Coolant Leak turned into a cracked head

Jessjames357

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
2018 JL with 32,000 miles and nothing but problems. Besides the minor issues, ESS battery replacement, 8.4 Unconnect shutting on an off intermittingly and screen delaminating causing large bubbles, steering issues and the everyday recall issues here is the break down.

25,000 miles driving home and internal temp gauge starts climbing and hits red, turn on the heater and shut the vehicle down to cool off. Inspect the coolant and find its bone dry, add water and limp to the dealer. Dealer says it was leaking from the thermostat and fixed the issue.
28,000 miles driving home from work and feels like vehicle is only running on a couple cylinders have to have it towed to the dealer which after inspections they said a ignition coil went out and had to be replaced.
32,000 noticed I had lost about 2.5mpg without changing any driving habits and engine seemed to sputter when starting. Checked around and noticed the coolant was empty again so off the the dealer which the know me by name now and just found out I had a cracked head that was leaking coolant into the #6 cylinder.

If this was bad enough to crack the head what other underlying issues am I going to have down the road and will these be covered by the power train warranty now that my basic limited warranty expiring at the end of the month. Should never have these kinds of issues with only 30K miles even if they are covered by warranty.
Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
2018 JL with 32,000 miles and nothing but problems. Besides the minor issues, ESS battery replacement, 8.4 Unconnect shutting on an off intermittingly and screen delaminating causing large bubbles, steering issues and the everyday recall issues here is the break down.

25,000 miles driving home and internal temp gauge starts climbing and hits red, turn on the heater and shut the vehicle down to cool off. Inspect the coolant and find its bone dry, add water and limp to the dealer. Dealer says it was leaking from the thermostat and fixed the issue.
28,000 miles driving home from work and feels like vehicle is only running on a couple cylinders have to have it towed to the dealer which after inspections they said a ignition coil went out and had to be replaced.
32,000 noticed I had lost about 2.5mpg without changing any driving habits and engine seemed to sputter when starting. Checked around and noticed the coolant was empty again so off the the dealer which the know me by name now and just found out I had a cracked head that was leaking coolant into the #6 cylinder.

If this was bad enough to crack the head what other underlying issues am I going to have down the road and will these be covered by the power train warranty now that my basic limited warranty expiring at the end of the month. Should never have these kinds of issues with only 30K miles even if they are covered by warranty.
You are one of the few that would likely benefit from an extended warranty purchase

OP
OP
Jessjames357

Jessjames357

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
You are one of the few that would likely benefit from an extended warranty purchase
Looks like it, I am discussing this with FCA now to see what they can do.
Sponsored