Cool Tech's CB Antenna Kit for JL Wrangler - Available Now

Dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2011 Challenger SRT IE #94, 2023 392XR
They should be back up soon, I've been in email contact with Kendall about a setup. You can always email [email protected] to contact him, he responds right away

Socceref

First Name
Ref
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara (loaded)
Ugh... you want to drag me into this conversation? LOL. I have been a licensed Ham Radio operator since 1978 and I have been in and around the world of Ham radios and CB's for 3 decades now. (Crap, I'm feeling old!) RF grounds and ground planes are not the easiest topics to convey. What the op intended, I believe, is that the Jeep, particularly near the rear, lacks reflective metal surfaces that would serve to improve the efficiency of a CB (or Ham antenna) by providing a more optimum ground plane. RF grounds are a lot different than an electrical ground, and you can't simply achieve a good ground plane by adding a electrical wire to the chassis. (Nevertheless it IS important that the base of the antenna achieves a good ground - hence or stainless design.) Anyway, for optimum performance, likely the best place for CB antenna would be smack in the middle of the hood. Performance wise it would probably be one of the best but from an aesthetics perspective, it leaves a lot to be desired.

For the last 30 years or so, I have also been an avid Jeep enthusiast. I have been on and even led many Jeep caravans in the mountains of Southern California as well as a dozen or so trips to Moab. All of my Jeeps throughout the years have had antennas mounted at the rear of the Jeep, and all of them functioned perfectly for the purpose intended - which is communication with the group of Jeep's you're with. Yes, if a fellow comes along with a center of hood mounted antenna, he's likely going to have more range capability and if maximum range is the highest priority for you, then this is the option you should look for. However, I expect that for 99% of Jeep enthusiasts, they are looking for their CB to keep them in contact with fellow enthusiasts, and the rear mounted antennas have done this for decades - and will continue to do so.
So the best Ham NMO antenna would be mounted on the left side of the JL hood with a crimp mount? 73...

OP
OP

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Thanks for everyone's patience with the website debacle! It was down for almost 2 days and then the web developer guys couldn't get the upgrade to work and so they reverted right back to where we started from. Grrrrr. Contracted another outfit.... for an arm and a leg, but they SEEM to know what they are doing. Hopefully we can get it upgraded in the next few weeks without an outage! Anyway, I apologize for the inconvenience.

A couple of questions here about the un-screwing the antenna when not using it. Frankly, this is what I typically do. Just grasp the antenna with both hands and un-screw it and toss it in the Jeep. Alternatively, you can use the Quick Disconnect.

Socceref - we are terribly delinquent to add the NMO option to our mount. We have intended to do that from the beginning but have just gotten sidetracked. We will try to get that done and available before the end of the month.

Sponsored

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I just bungee the antenna for clearance. I have a spring so it doesn’t stress the antenna to much.

Here’s my cooltech set up.

838FFF8D-51DB-4371-801F-CD1B0E5BFFC0.jpeg

Adrienne 1215

First Name
Adrienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for everyone's patience with the website debacle! It was down for almost 2 days and then the web developer guys couldn't get the upgrade to work and so they reverted right back to where we started from. Grrrrr. Contracted another outfit.... for an arm and a leg, but they SEEM to know what they are doing. Hopefully we can get it upgraded in the next few weeks without an outage! Anyway, I apologize for the inconvenience.

A couple of questions here about the un-screwing the antenna when not using it. Frankly, this is what I typically do. Just grasp the antenna with both hands and un-screw it and toss it in the Jeep. Alternatively, you can use the Quick Disconnect.

Socceref - we are terribly delinquent to add the NMO option to our mount. We have intended to do that from the beginning but have just gotten sidetracked. We will try to get that done and available before the end of the month.
Do you guys sell the mic mount for JL separate? I noticed the mount from watching that install video, I literally just placed an order for the CB install kit but I already have my own CB but no mic mount.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
@CoolTech, will you be offering the cb all in one kit with the uniden (cmx-760) again, I thought you had this as a package a while ago?

Sponsored

mrcmosx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JLU
@CoolTech just wanted to say that the Mic mount kit with the Cobra 75 WX ST is awesome on the JL. I just came across today on the site and noticed you make the antenna kit. I will be ordering this tonight!

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
No problem at all... this is the configuration on our Rubicon. (See pic below.) I will be adding a pull-down to the website for this option as we do need to ship it with longer stainless allen bolts for this particular configuration. I'll get that done today and we'll have those longer bolts in stock by Friday. Thanks for asking!

IMG_5739.jpg
I have your All-In-One kit installed on my JL. Love it! I am now adding the Mopar reinforcement kit, can I buy the longer bolts separately? I don't see them listed anywhere. I really don't want to buy a new bracket kit.

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150, 2018 JLUR
I have your All-In-One kit installed on my JL. Love it! I am now adding the Mopar reinforcement kit, can I buy the longer bolts separately? I don't see them listed anywhere. I really don't want to buy a new bracket kit.
I had the same issue. Emailed CoolTech's sales department and they sent me new bolts. Excellent customer service!

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
I had the same issue. Emailed CoolTech's sales department and they sent me new bolts. Excellent customer service!
They just did the same for me. I offered to pay for the bolts, but they sent them out today for free. Great service!

RAZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Granite Crystal
Vehicle Showcase
Been looking for an NMO capable mount!

Any additional details that could be shared?
Sponsored