John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
IMG_4728.JPG
IMG_4729.JPG
IMG_4732.JPG

I installed the kit yesterday. It was pretty simple to do but did take some time. I had to keep reminding myself to do it the right way and take the paneling off in the trunk instead routing the wire through seems. The most difficult part of the install was feeding the wire through the firewall under the glove box. The kit had everything needed but I did also buy a spring and a quick disconnect (which I am still waiting on).
What size antenna did you get?
Sponsored

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I have a 3ft with a quick disconnect (for when I have to go in lower garages). On trail rides people here me fine, and I guess I'm hearing them to (not sure if I miss anything).

20200227_205239.jpg
I will only use my CB on occasional trail rides with others so I will probably go with a three foot antenna and probably with a quick disconnect. I assume you put your 3 foot on the top hinge, correct? Another option I am considering is mounting the antenna on the front driver side fender. I did this with the JTR I used to own. I like the look of the antenna on the back better, but it is fairly easy to route the coax through the firewall on the driver side and then when I am not using the CB I can take off the mount and tuck the coax out of the way so everything is hidden.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I will only use my CB on occasional trail rides with others so I will probably go with a three foot antenna and probably with a quick disconnect. I assume you put your 3 foot on the top hinge, correct? Another option I am considering is mounting the antenna on the front driver side fender. I did this with the JTR I used to own. I like the look of the antenna on the back better, but it is fairly easy to route the coax through the firewall on the driver side and then when I am not using the CB I can take off the mount and tuck the coax out of the way so everything is hidden.
Correct. Top hindge.
Everyone I ride with uses GMRS/FRS, so I've since witch to that. The bracket still worked for my GMRS antenna, but I don't use the quick disconnect anymore.
Sponsored