CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Cool Tech is proud to announce our CB Antenna Kit for the new JL Wrangler. The bracket itself is constructed form stainless steel as is the mounting fasteners. The kit includes the bracket, mounting hardware, Firestik's very unique coax with a FireRing connector on the antenna end and a small diameter (good for routing) mini-UHF end on the other and your choice of a 3' or 4' Firestik FireFly antenna with a adjustable (tune-able) tip.

We have a modest supply of these kits in stock and available for ordering and same-day shipment. Here ar a couple of pictures.

jl-cb-antenna-kit.jpg

jl-cb-antenna-kit.jpg

jl-cb-antenna-kit.jpg

Additional details and ordering information can be found here: http://www.cooltechllc.com/wrangler-parts-accessories/109-jl-cb-antenna-kit.html
Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Nice. Just an FYI, the jeep iconic grill is a seven slot.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Do you have ETA when you'll offer just the mount and hardware?

OP
OP

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Nice. Just an FYI, the jeep iconic grill is a seven slot.
Yes, was aware of the and offcamber is correct. We don't want to copy them. If you look closely you can see our actual production run (in stainless) is a 6-slotter! Just trying to do something interesting.... :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Do you have ETA when you'll offer just the mount and hardware?
Not sure if we will sell the bracket by itself. Our preference is to sell a kit where all of the components have been tested together and we know it is going to have the reliability people expect.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
What if you have the Mopar door enforcement kit. The part goes right over the 2 holes and uses hardware supplied.

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Perfect, just ordered mine. Hopefully it will get here before the weekend :)

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
This looks awesome. Would there be any issue with mounting the antenna on a spring with this kit?

OP
OP

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
What if you have the Mopar door enforcement kit. The part goes right over the 2 holes and uses hardware supplied.
No problem at all... this is the configuration on our Rubicon. (See pic below.) I will be adding a pull-down to the website for this option as we do need to ship it with longer stainless allen bolts for this particular configuration. I'll get that done today and we'll have those longer bolts in stock by Friday. Thanks for asking!

IMG_5739.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Perfect, just ordered mine. Hopefully it will get here before the weekend :)
Thank-you! We have quite a few kits in stock. Orders received by 3PM PST usually ship the same day that they are received. Yours shipping today!

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
No problem at all... this is the configuration on our Rubicon. (See pic below.) I will be adding a pull-down to the website for this option as we do need to ship it with longer stainless allen bolts for this particular configuration. I'll get that done today and we'll have those longer bolts in stock by Friday. Thanks for asking!

IMG_5739.jpg
Thanks. What is this ground plain mentioned that said this mount will not work well?

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl

IMG_5739.jpg
The longer bolts you will supply, will it be a grade as strong as the Mopar kit. I ask because that bracket is under a lot of stress from my 37 tires. How is this shipped, I'm in Fl.

OP
OP

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Thanks. What is this ground plain mentioned that said this mount will not work well?
Ugh... you want to drag me into this conversation? LOL. I have been a licensed Ham Radio operator since 1978 and I have been in and around the world of Ham radios and CB's for 3 decades now. (Crap, I'm feeling old!) RF grounds and ground planes are not the easiest topics to convey. What the op intended, I believe, is that the Jeep, particularly near the rear, lacks reflective metal surfaces that would serve to improve the efficiency of a CB (or Ham antenna) by providing a more optimum ground plane. RF grounds are a lot different than an electrical ground, and you can't simply achieve a good ground plane by adding a electrical wire to the chassis. (Nevertheless it IS important that the base of the antenna achieves a good ground - hence or stainless design.) Anyway, for optimum performance, likely the best place for CB antenna would be smack in the middle of the hood. Performance wise it would probably be one of the best but from an aesthetics perspective, it leaves a lot to be desired.

For the last 30 years or so, I have also been an avid Jeep enthusiast. I have been on and even led many Jeep caravans in the mountains of Southern California as well as a dozen or so trips to Moab. All of my Jeeps throughout the years have had antennas mounted at the rear of the Jeep, and all of them functioned perfectly for the purpose intended - which is communication with the group of Jeep's you're with. Yes, if a fellow comes along with a center of hood mounted antenna, he's likely going to have more range capability and if maximum range is the highest priority for you, then this is the option you should look for. However, I expect that for 99% of Jeep enthusiasts, they are looking for their CB to keep them in contact with fellow enthusiasts, and the rear mounted antennas have done this for decades - and will continue to do so.
Sponsored