Cool Tech JL CB All-in-1 Cobra Kit

Jeepercreeper7

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just installed a Cool Tech CB kit in my 2018 JLU Rubicon. I want to share my experience and outcome. It might save time and money. I ordered the kit with a 3 foot antenna. I also ordered an SWR meter from amazon to get the radio dialed in. I didn't want a giant antenna and the 3 footer looked good when installed..........but the performance was not good. I spent a lot of time adjusting and checking connections with no joy. The best I could get on the meter was 2.5 SWR (not good). I drove to my local truck stop and found a 4 foot Firestik II and screwed it on. Problem solved. I now have 1.2/1.3 SWR. I can now hear people talking and they can hear me.
Sponsored

Reactions: aai

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I run a 3' Firefly and get about 1.3 SWR. I also have a 4' Firefly and it definitely gets out further, but I cannot fit in my garage with it.

shadowhunter22

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
I just did the same install, with the 4' antenna. Haven't been able to tune yet because nowhere around me seems to have the right size coax cable, but ordered on Amazon and should be here this week. Also I got the quick disconnect, which is a huge lifesaver. My Jeep has maybe an inch of clearance through my garage door as it is.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
I installed the Cool Tech mount with a 4ft Firestik low on the tailgate hinge. Works great with the Cobra 75 WXST. Even fits in the garage. SWR 1.1 at ch20, no issues whatsoever.

IMG_20200126_223715.jpg
Sponsored