Sponsored

Convoluted Side Mirror Question with Bestop Fabric Doors and Doorless

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
So basically I decided I want to get the Bestop fabric doors, basically for overnight protection from rain/animals since I dont have a garage. That way I can leave my doors off during the summer for longer periods of times and quickly throw those doors on. But I want to go doorless and also use the fabric doors for highway driving occasionally. I would like to just leave my OEM mirrors on the OEM doors so I guess I have multiple questions if anyone could chime in or help. I know the fabric doors have a spot to put door mirrors on, but if I remove the fabric doors I am mirrorless again, so I guess what I am trying to get at is I would prefer to not have to buy two sets of mirrors, one for fabric doors on, and one for doorless.

1. Is it possible to use the hinges for both the fabric door and a hinge door mirror at the same time? (I am guessing no, wasnt sure how the fabric doors attached though)
2. Any recommendation on non-hinge door mirrors? This way whether or not I have fabric doors on my mirrors can always just be on and I dont need to keep swapping in and out
3. If most non-hinge mirrors arent very good, anyone have any clue as to what side mirrors actually fit into bestop fabric doors? (I know I should just email them, but just posting here first since I wont buy them for a couple months yet)

Thanks for any help, I can get long winded with explanations and questions.
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I like my Lange Coyote mirrors that has a mount that mounts to the factory cowl bolt. You then have an option to use either a simple to use thumb screw to quickly add/remove the mirror or a set screw to prevent theft. I believe this mirror might be what you’re looking for.

OP
OP

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I like my Lange Coyote mirrors that has a mount that mounts to the factory cowl bolt. You then have an option to use either a simple to use thumb screw to quickly add/remove the mirror or a set screw to prevent theft. I believe this mirror might be what you’re looking for.
Yeah after looking around this definitely seems like the best solution. Thanks! Any recommendations on a good place to purchase them?

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I’ve seen them all over I believe (Quadratech, 4WP, Amazon, Extreme Terrain, etc). I can’t remember where I purchased mine.

P1Rut

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU "Money Pit" Edition
I have found that you can't see the passenger Coyote mirror from the driver's seat when you have the fabric doors installed. Looking for an extended arm for that side or I will have to install mirrors on the fabric doors themselves.

Sponsored

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
mirrors made by CMM Offroad are great however they are pricey

JKJLCamp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL 3.6L M6, 2015 JKU Sahara 3.6L M6
Our QR doors off mirror kits at Campsite Carbon sound like they would fit *most* of your needs, they can be slid out or in with a spring-loaded push button when your doors or uppers are off and allow you to use the fabric lowers. But having one mirror solution for doors off, fabric door uppers on and off I'm not entirely sure. Ours are great because you don't have to mess with removing anything or re-setting your mirror position for daily use and they store in their mounts with the factory doors reinstalled as well.

https://www.campsitecarbon.com/collections/jl/products/jl-jt-doors-off-mirror-kit

untitled-4762-2.jpg

untitled-4751-2.jpg
Sponsored