Sponsored

Convertible style soft top OK to take through car wash?

Jc4xe

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler Sahara 4xe
I have the Jeep Sahara 4xe with the power driven ”convertible” soft top. Not sure what Jeep calls it. My question is whether the vehicle can be safely taken through a car wash. Any ideas? Also, I can’t seem to find all weather mats for the second row anywhere. Mopar nor Weather Tech don’t have them yet. My dealer has owed me all weather mats since last July when I bought the vehicle. I’m sure it has to do with the need to reengineer the back floor mats to accommodate the battery being underneath. Anybody have luck finding all weather mats?
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I have two Sky One Touch tops and take them through the Automatic Car Wash regularly, (Unlimited Plan) with "ZERO" issues, others will be along shortly to tell you how bad an idea it is. FYI I take the Softop through too when I have it on, also with "ZERO" issues.
Gregj

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
In my experience, you can take the hard top through a standard car wash with no issues. Not sure about soft top. Either way, I’d stick with the “touchless” car washes if you have to use one. The brushes in non-touchless ones can be quite abrasive.

lindaspins

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
Last edited:

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I have quadratec ultimate all season floor liners for my 21 jlr, couldn't find the mopar ones with floor drain anywhere so I got these. Very heavy duty and has a cool aggressive floor pattern like a mud tire. Made in America with lifetime warranty...

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I also have the SOT. I take mine to a touchless car wash at least once a week with no issues for the past 9 months of ownership.I love my SOT.
Sponsored