K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Here’s what I had to say:

Greetings! I’m writing, because I wanted to bring forward a complaint on behalf of several would be and about to be 392 Xtreme Recon Jeep owners. Without providing every single detail a typical Jeep buyer from a forum community knows (a lot), we would like to at least make it known that we all see the $3995 Xtreme Recon pricing is completely unfair for 392 buyers due to the fact that numerous upgrades like the heavier duty brake, axles, lift kit, iron steering knuckles, etc are already fitted to the vehicle. On non-392 Rubicons and Willys Jeeps that receive the $3995 Xtreme Recon package will get all of those upgrades as well. So why wouldn’t they be priced differently? Your competitor, Ford, charges less for the Sasquatch package on certain trims that already had key components so that they don’t go overcharging their customers. Your 392 buyers (me and a lot of others) are your most loyal customers and we truly hate seeing this, knowing that there are executives and decision makers that know this already. Please provide a fix for this. My order is in, but surely you can figure this one out for your loyal customer base. Thank you for your time. Please ensure this reaches the appropriate eyes
…………………………….

I mean, am I wrong? I had this thought right away when i saw the pricing on my build sheet and cross referenced it to the current price on a standard Rubicon with XR. Then I read it on this forum that a few others have caught this. I think it’s definitely an issue to stand up to the execs on. Like, I’m supposed to pay for the lift and all that twice? Sheesh
Sponsored

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
I agree with you the XR on the 392 is just a bigger profit for Jeep. I personally don't believe the value is there on the 392 either but I also believe Jeep knows that 392 buyers are willing to throw down top dollar for the top Jeep.

Having the XR392 gives some what they feel to be the baddest Jeep so to speak and the buyers for the 392 will probably not squawk at the extra 4K for a gear set that cost the OEM the same money and the cost difference in the 33 and 35" tires. I think that difference is probably washed for them by the shock change.

Its really just a money grab package for them and especially so on the 392. Just business, I would not take it personally. They know 90 percent of new 392 buyers will go for it and its nearly all profit for them. Basically no reason for them to give it to 392 owners at a better cost, they will buy it anyway.

OP
OP
K9Jeeper

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Jeep could go the other way and keep it at $4k on 392 while raising it to say $6k on other models
of course they could and then they would F themselves by being even further from the Bronco pricing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
K9Jeeper

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
The Willys XR buyers will send a letter thanking Jeep management for their great deal.
cool, but I would prefer to see better value for the crazy mofos like me that have bought a couple million dollars in their products so far. It’ll happen someday when the $80K Bronco competes and has even more goodies. It may or may not make a difference in their eyes, but if they never hear a thing as far as feedback, then they definitely won’t even consider it.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Just don’t get it? The wheels and tires are worth about 3500 on their own. The marketing on the option is so bad that it isn’t really clear what all you get with it. Is there really a lift at all? Unclear.

OP
OP
K9Jeeper

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Just don’t get it? The wheels and tires are worth about 3500 on their own. The marketing on the option is so bad that it isn’t really clear what all you get with it. Is there really a lift at all? Unclear.
If you buy a non 392 and get the package, you’re getting upgraded brakes, axles, knuckles, tire carrier reinforcements and relocation, gears, lift, wheels and tires

392, you ONLY get wheels, tires, tire carrier reinforced and relocated, gears. So minus lift, axles, knuckles and and brakes since you already paid for that with the roughly $18K price difference between a similarly equipped Rubicon (which is still a screaming deal when compared to how much it would have cost to modify).. But still! You can clearly see the “gouging” of premium customers. Hell, every Wrangler customer is a premium customer actually, since they don’t come any cheaper than a sports car, even with a V6 anymore

OP
OP
K9Jeeper

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
I have the same bone to pick with the Sky One Touch roof. $4000 on the Rubicon, $2000 on the rest of the models.
no, that’s not at all the same comparison. It’s $2000 if you have the painted top and want to add just the power roof option. It’s $4000 when upgrading from just the base top

Sponsored

Higgs Boson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
There is probably a few hundred dollar price difference in the parts at a manufacturer level. You aren't going to save big money by getting them to discount the 392 XR package for whatever the 392 already comes with.

By the way, I've driven and spent some time in the new Bronco. The whole truck is lame. Jeep doesn't even need the XR package to retain people from going to the Bronco.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
of course they could and then they would F themselves by being even further from the Bronco pricing.
I literally don't think they give a flying shit about bronco pricing. They should, but I don't think they do. We'll see where it gets them once the Bronco is easy to obtain.

OP
OP
K9Jeeper

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
There is probably a few hundred dollar price difference in the parts at a manufacturer level. You aren't going to save big money by getting them to discount the 392 XR package for whatever the 392 already comes with.

By the way, I've driven and spent some time in the new Bronco. The whole truck is lame. Jeep doesn't even need the XR package to retain people from going to the Bronco.
Same. I was around the Bronco quite a bit before its release and drove the Sasquatch 2.7L decked out. My observations were recorded and almost sent to YouTube, but I withheld my comments so that I didn’t start a war. Let’s just say I had a lot of bad things to say. And I’m sad about that, since I had actually wanted to buy a Bronco instead. Then Jeep cleaned up their act, offered us a couple sweet things since and I’ll happily stay with the brand now (for now). Ford can change that with some big changes, but it’ll be a bit

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
They dont give a shit if it is fair or not. People will pay for it. Theyre in the business of making money.

They charge what they want for it. Do you think the new crappy defender is fairly priced...?

Hopefully Ford gets their shit together and creates some real competition. But so far, it seems Ford is way worse with their customers than jeep.

OP
OP
K9Jeeper

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
They dont give a shit if it is fair or not. People will pay for it. Theyre in the business of making money.

They charge what they want for it. Do you think the new crappy defender is fairly priced...?

Hopefully Ford gets their shit together and creates some real competition. But so far, it seems Ford is way worse with their customers than jeep.
considering that Ford has thrown money tO customers for the problems, replaced all tops, thrown free upgrades in, etc… I would say they are caring about their customers better than Jeep. What do we get? Two to three price increases a year and options priced sketchy. Ford did not do that with Sasquatch, so I throw this info out for awareness to the consumer and awareness to Jeep that we see it. If they do something, great. It’ll be too late for me. But if they don’t, at least I tried
Sponsored