First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
One more minor advantage (and this one is courtesy of my wife), if you're a girl, and want to meet guys, drive a Jeep.
My wife said the same thing..LOL
Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
One more minor advantage (and this one is courtesy of my wife), if you're a girl, and want to meet guys, drive a Jeep.
If you're a girl who really wants to meet guys, drive a Mustang or Camaro or the like.

All too often you see guys buying fast sports cars thinking that's gonna get then women--all it gets you is men telling you how cool your car is, and how many women you probably get in it.

Guys wanting their car to pull women need a Wrangler, other convertible, or something nice and German.

mjsull

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Auto, Granite Crystal, Tan leather, Black Hard Top w/ Headliner, Steel Bumpers, LEDs, Cold Weather, Infotainment, Safety and Tow Group, Remote Start, Proximity Entry, Mopar Mats
LOL. Both of my girlfriends drive Jeeps. I knew they were keepers the first time I saw their wheels.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
“Both”
I think he’s reached a different point in his life journey than your early path, him having likely already done the ‘one true love’ thing and then moved on from there. ;) :dance:

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I think he’s reached a different point in his life journey than your early path, him having likely already done the ‘one true love’ thing and then moved on from there. ;) :dance:
Oh I know :giggle: I figured he was playing the field all at once!
Jeep Wrangler JL Consumer Reports review of the 2018 Wrangler JL {filename}

mjsull

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Auto, Granite Crystal, Tan leather, Black Hard Top w/ Headliner, Steel Bumpers, LEDs, Cold Weather, Infotainment, Safety and Tow Group, Remote Start, Proximity Entry, Mopar Mats
Correct. I was married for 36 years to a wonderful woman who I meet on a blind date. She had health issues from childhood so we lived everyday like it might be our last. Did many things in our younger years instead of waiting for kids, career, etc. to slow down and then enjoy our wonder years. I lost her a couple of years ago and appreciate how lucky I was, and what a better person I am because of her. Now it's my time to enjoy my chapter 2 in life. I've had Grand Cherokees for many years but always wanted a Wrangler. Now I'm getting it. I also just got my first Hartley. And although I was very uncomfortable entering the dating world for the first time in 40 years I put myself out there and am intentionally not looking for another lifetime committed monogamous relationship. I'm blessed to have met two incredible women who share many of my interests and passions, love to travel, know about each other and are ok with how I'm living my life. And the icing on the cake... one drives a Wrangler and the other drives a Grand Cherokee Overland (after selling her big ass Ford 350 turbo diesel).

Life is good and I can only think that being a good guy my whole life is paying off with golden dividends from now on.

mjsull

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I know :giggle: I figured he was playing the field all at once!
It's funny that you posted your reply. Here's me at a pool party I held last summer. :)

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. I was married for 36 years to a wonderful woman who I meet on a blind date. She had health issues from childhood so we lived everyday like it might be our last. Did many things in our younger years instead of waiting for kids, career, etc. to slow down and then enjoy our wonder years. I lost her a couple of years ago and appreciate how lucky I was, and what a better person I am because of her. Now it's my time to enjoy my chapter 2 in life. I've had Grand Cherokees for many years but always wanted a Wrangler. Now I'm getting it. I also just got my first Hartley. And although I was very uncomfortable entering the dating world for the first time in 40 years I put myself out there and am intentionally not looking for another lifetime committed monogamous relationship. I'm blessed to have met two incredible women who share many of my interests and passions, love to travel, know about each other and are ok with how I'm living my life. And the icing on the cake... one drives a Wrangler and the other drives a Grand Cherokee Overland (after selling her big ass Ford 350 turbo diesel).

Life is good and I can only think that being a good guy my whole life is paying off with golden dividends from now on.
Sorry for your loss. All jokes aside I can’t wait to have someone to enjoy life with! As for now I’ll keep focusing on improving myself. Also if I had a girlfriend now I probably wouldn’t be able to afford a new JL! Happy to hear you’re doing well.

Sponsored

flyeaglesfly

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Traded in my cushy 2015 Acura MDX DD for a 2018 JL and not looking back! My wife and I and kids love this Jeep to death and not looking back...

Please do not live you life or make decisions based solely on Consumer Reports. Go test drive the new JL and you'll probably feel the same way!!

;)

Last edited:

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
It's funny that you posted your reply. Here's me at a pool party I held last summer. :)

If he were to pat you on the back, you would list it on your resume'. Both sides of his pillow are cool. If opportunity knocks, and he's not home, opportunity waits. Stay thirsty my friend :beer:
Sponsored