Sponsored

CONSUMER REPORTS and Gladiators and Wranglers.

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Consumer report is very unreliable source of information, they have very small data pool, consisting primarly of old white people who like to bitch. Their data is allways all over the place. Often times their reliability ratings are predicted based of other models of same brand if data is below their standard (200-300vehicles )
A lot of old White people who like to bitch happen to be Jeep owners though.

Magazine demographics will skew the results somewhat, but that also means the cars most popular with old White people who like to bitch (Hondas, Toyotas, Volvos, Subrarus) are pretty accurate in terms or reliability since they have the largest submission pools.

But no one is doubting that Fiats ranks near last in every category regardless of how many votes CR counts for them.
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@PeeCeeJunior
Yea, you just have to know what you're looking at. That's always the key whenever you're taking in media. Look at the fine print in how they get their data, look at the readership, be aware of their target market, etc.

Rather than just jumping on the bandwagon of blanket statements about this magazine or network or paper "sucking" or whatever, just take the time to understand what you're looking at and you can still glean some good information.

OP
OP
GGolds

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Consumer report is very unreliable source of information, they have very small data pool, consisting primarly of old white people who like to bitch. Their data is allways all over the place. Often times their reliability ratings are predicted based of other models of same brand if data is below their standard (200-300vehicles )
Your response shows your ignorance and ignorance shows a lack of knowledge and as they say a lack of knowledge is the most dangerous thing a mind can have. PS. If you are saying black people don't read Consumer Reports, which I tend to doubt is true, then that would truly be a sad state of affairs.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Would you feel better if they included more young people in their data pool? Why is race/age being brought into this? I've owned eleven new Jeeps, but I'm 65. Does that disqualify my opinion?

Last edited:

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Your response shows your ignorance and ignorance shows a lack of knowledge and as they say a lack of knowledge is the most dangerous thing a mind can have. PS. If you are saying black people don't read Consumer Reports, which I tend to doubt is true, then that would truly be a sad state of affairs.
Wat I posted previously was very condensed blunt facts that some cant handle.

In order to have good understanding of reality, you need to look at it over longer period of time (not 90 days like CR at some cases). And be open to not only people who subscribe to your magazine.

3 year study is far better take on reality
https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2020-us-vehicle-dependability-study

CR often rates Subaru as good, however of the past 15 years Subaru been below average in reliability log term .

https://www.bluespringsfordparts.com/blog/consumer-reports-rating-methodology-flawed

consumer-reports-demographics.png

Sponsored

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Wat I posted previously was very condensed blunt facts that some cant handle.

In order to have good understanding of reality, you need to look at it over longer period of time (not 90 days like CR at some cases). And be open to not only people who subscribe to your magazine.

3 year study is far better take on reality
https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2020-us-vehicle-dependability-study

CR often rates Subaru as good, however of the past 15 years Subaru been below average in reliability log term .

https://www.bluespringsfordparts.com/blog/consumer-reports-rating-methodology-flawed

Jeep Wrangler JL CONSUMER REPORTS and Gladiators and Wranglers. consumer-reports-demographics
Isn't it pretty known that Subarus are incredibly reliable until year 6 when the head gasket goes? Short term numbers are great. Long term numbers are something else.

Since Jeeps appear to stay on the road longer than other brands, they're probably more represented in CR's used car surveys even accounting for reader demographics. And by 'stay on the road' I'm not saying they're more reliable, just that the used market is such that people are going pay what it takes to keep them running versus say...a 20 year old Chevy.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yes I have. And they claim there is nothing wrong with it. They replaced the radio once before. But at least the first radio I had never just stopped working. It would just cut out and reset my clock. The second radio just doesn’t work sometimes. And when I took it to the dealership to have them simply turn it on. Even they couldn’t figure it out!?!?! But they said to bring it back and they’ll look at it again. I know what they’re going to do. They’ll replace it with the same one and it will work for awhile and the same thing will happen again. Just to tell me that they can’t find anything wrong with it. 🤬 I think they should give me a credit for the 5 inch radio towards a 7 or 8 inch radio and I’ll be happy to pay the difference. And then we will see if it’s just the radio. 🤷🏽‍♂️👍🏽
Today isn’t a good day for me to read this thread. Jeep was in for repairs (again) for the past two days. I picked it up after getting a new seat and new rear axle only to hear a new noise in the rear end that wasn’t right. Took it back.

so far I’ve had sever minor fixes, a new transmission (on day two of ownership), a new axle, new seat, and have a new radio on order. Mine was built on the Monday after the Church Picnic or something like that.
Sorry to hear about the experience you've been having with your dealer while trying to get this resolved, @Jinnjue . If you'd like us to provide additional support alongside your dealer to ensure that you're properly taken care of, we can definitely look into it! Just send us a private message and we can get started right away.

@trainsafe, please do not hesitate to send us a message if you ever have questions or concerns at all! We'd be more than happy to offer you this additional support as well, if needed be.

Thank you!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Jinnjue

First Name
Jinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl 2 door Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about the experience you've been having with your dealer while trying to get this resolved, @Jinnjue . If you'd like us to provide additional support alongside your dealer to ensure that you're properly taken care of, we can definitely look into it! Just send us a private message and we can get started right away.

@trainsafe, please do not hesitate to send us a message if you ever have questions or concerns at all! We'd be more than happy to offer you this additional support as well, if needed be.

Thank you!

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Well this just got interesting 🤔 Thanks for the response and I WILL be contacting you soon to get this matter resolved. ( hopefully)🤷🏽‍♂️🤔🤷🏽‍♂️ Just not gonna hold my breath 😶

Equator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2021
Needed something to read at the airport, so I picked up the Consumer Reports Car edition. Made me realize once again how screwed up their "ratings" are. They had the Jeep Wrangler ranked as one of THE lowest vehicles for reliability (I think it had a score of 29) , yet they had the Jeep Gladiator with a MUCH better score in the upper 60's. Funny, I didn't think there would be that much of a difference. Kinda like a while ago when they rated the Mazda Tribute MUCH better than the Ford Escape, even though they were made in the same plant. The JL series had many good scores for the last couple of years, yet predicted reliability was bad. I feel bad that I actually gave them money by buying that mag.

Equator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw another thread with this very same topic....sorry for posting this. Trying to delete.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Consumer Reports is garbage.

They have hated Jeep Wrangler for decades. The worse their evaluations get, the better Wrangler sells. It pisses them right off.

Next time you are at the airport, buy a big giant Toblerone and read the Nutrition Facts; it will be much more informative. :LOL:

Jeep Wrangler JL CONSUMER REPORTS and Gladiators and Wranglers. 1616438251792

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
My Jeep is back in the shop. Been there 8 times so far. To be quite blunt honest, my JL is a piece of shit.

I'd still buy another one though.

Equator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Jeep is back in the shop. Been there 8 times so far. To be quite blunt honest, my JL is a piece of shit.

I'd still buy another one though.
Ouch! Only 8000 miles on mine. So far so good. What problem / problems should I be watching for? Good luck with it.
Sponsored