Sponsored

Constantly asked why didn't I get a 4 door!!!! Anyone else?

Xsspd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
The model with a bumper guard doesn't have cut outs.
Sponsored

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
Looking at sales figures, if they diverged the 2 lines the 2 door would be dead and gone by now. The purists may hate it, but the 4 door is carrying the line.
Sad but true. However, I think the 2 door would have survived, due to the niche market established around it and its iconic image.

As much as I hate to admit it, the 4 door Wrangler has been the "bread and butter" for Jeep for some time now.

I don't understand it, but people love the 4 door.

It is what it is.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Buy and drive what you like. I can’t believe how many unyielding opinions are posted in this thread. The forum in general has quite a few posters whose opinion is “I made the best choices, your choices suck!” Shaking my head.

Ravens100

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, Maz CX-5, 80th Anniv JL 2-Dr (ordered)
Buy and drive what you like. I can’t believe how many unyielding opinions are posted in this thread. The forum in general has quite a few posters whose opinion is “I made the best choices, your choices suck!” Shaking my head.
Yep I shake my head too. Every forum, Facebook Group, etc. has them no matter what the topic. The best response is no response.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
To me a 2 dr is a jeep. A 4 dr is a suv typ jeep for those with families and like company with them. I don’t like more than 1 passenger and that’s in the right front. Don’t like people behind me. More than one to much jabber and can’t enjoy the trip. Come to think about it, don’t care to much for people either.

Sponsored

LabNJeep

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLR, BMW X5
I know I'm more of a Unicorn having a 2 door manual but here's my observation:
- I'm not 100% convinced a Jeep is a Jeep unless it's a 2-door AND manual on a 4-door just feels wrong. Thus I'm back to my 2-door!
- While the 4-door makes more money, I actually don't think they'll drop the 2-door. If they did, it would open the door further for people like us to go to the likes of a the new 2-door Bronco which in the end would hurt the overall brand hurting both 2-door and 4-door sales. If you happen to watch the video of the Ford Bronco Product Managers talking about the new Bronco (which I have to admit is a nice vehicle), they ask which one they are getting and most of them said 2-door manual :)

And yes, I know there are many 4 door variants that are awesome and I still waive at you :)

Last edited:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
Man... that thing is awesome.

We all know Wrangler = 2 doors & Wrangler Unlimited = 4 doors.
So since the Gladiator has 4 doors, does that make it a Gladiator Limited? Hopefully it would be cialled the Scrambler.
I'd say it would make the gladiator unlimited since it appears to go on forever. And yes, Scrambler would be a fitting name for the two door jeep pickup but my son says it sounds like a breakfast menu item.:)

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
If Jeep decided to build a 2 door on the Unlimited wheelbase, it should be called it a Commando.

Too bad the Renegade name is being used on a Fiat with a Jeep name on it.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
They should not have given the Jeep the name Wrangler, this distinction should have been given to some Nissan Pickup.

Just my 2 cents.
FYP
Always hated that name!

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
I’m late to the game on this one, but here goes.

I AM OLD SCHOOL!
First Jeep was a 75 CJ-5 that I loved and it barely had an option on it. Found it in New Mexico, with Radio and Heater Delete. I was a NOOB 2 striper in the USAF and figured I would not need heat in NM. I was so wrong! LOL!

Second Jeep was a 2003 WJ, yep a capable SUV that took us where we wanted to be.

Third Jeep was a 2013 JK 2 door, soft top Stick shift that I updated slightly with Rubicon Shocks, and Firestone Destination MT tires. It was just where I needed it when family matters came into play and I was forced to sell it off.

Fourth Jeep we just got. 2020 JL Willys 2 door, Hardtop, Stick with some tasteful mods by the first owner. Found in Tennesee and brought home to NY just a month ago. You really find out about your vehicle on a trip. Even though the tranny gearing is a little to gear towards economy, I figured that out quickly. She only had 4300 miles on it when we bought it so it was still breaking in as far as I am concerned.

From the CJ to the JK there was a huge jump, the JL is another leap for me. It has the looks I wanted. The Stick I wanted and it’s a two door. My grand kids all fit fine in the back seat and being it’s the wife and I why get the 4 door. For ME, just ME, this Willys is my Corvette. Just a vehicle I feel comfortable in. I like the twitchy feel, I love the long shifter. Takes me back to when I was running Big Rigs. For me it’s 45+ years of driving…..

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I’m late to the game on this one, but here goes.

I AM OLD SCHOOL!
First Jeep was a 75 CJ-5 that I loved and it barely had an option on it. Found it in New Mexico, with Radio and Heater Delete. I was a NOOB 2 striper in the USAF and figured I would not need heat in NM. I was so wrong! LOL!

Second Jeep was a 2003 WJ, yep a capable SUV that took us where we wanted to be.

Third Jeep was a 2013 JK 2 door, soft top Stick shift that I updated slightly with Rubicon Shocks, and Firestone Destination MT tires. It was just where I needed it when family matters came into play and I was forced to sell it off.

Fourth Jeep we just got. 2020 JL Willys 2 door, Hardtop, Stick with some tasteful mods by the first owner. Found in Tennesee and brought home to NY just a month ago. You really find out about your vehicle on a trip. Even though the tranny gearing is a little to gear towards economy, I figured that out quickly. She only had 4300 miles on it when we bought it so it was still breaking in as far as I am concerned.

From the CJ to the JK there was a huge jump, the JL is another leap for me. It has the looks I wanted. The Stick I wanted and it’s a two door. My grand kids all fit fine in the back seat and being it’s the wife and I why get the 4 door. For ME, just ME, this Willys is my Corvette. Just a vehicle I feel comfortable in. I like the twitchy feel, I love the long shifter. Takes me back to when I was running Big Rigs. For me it’s 45+ years of driving…..
Nice!
45+ yrs of driving here too! And always 2dr Jeeps, started w/ the CJ7 then a CJ5 but the newer JL is an auto, and luckily it's a great AT, but I do miss the stick at times.

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!
45+ yrs of driving here too! And always 2dr Jeeps, started w/ the CJ7 then a CJ5 but the newer JL is an auto, and luckily it's a great AT, but I do miss the stick at times.
There are a FEW times that after looking fully at the specifications, I would have considered the Auto. I like the ZF Design a lot, but had not checked into it enough before I saw the Jeep I have now. This purchase was literally a huge surprise for me. Very rare to get exactly what you wanted in a used Jeep with only 4300 miles on it!
Sponsored