Sponsored

Constantly asked why didn't I get a 4 door!!!! Anyone else?

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
I wish when Jeep came out with the 4 door Wrangler they would have given it its own line of vehicle. They could have called it the Jeep; Wanderer, Overlander, Adventurer, doesn't matter. It could have evolved on its own as other vehicle lineups do and became another random 4 door SUV geared more toward the 4x4 crowd. Kinda like what Ford is trying to do with the Bronco.

They should not have given the 4 door the name Wrangler, this distinction should have been reserved for the iconic 2 door Wrangler we all know and love.

Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I wish when Jeep came out with the 4 door Wrangler they would have given it its own line of vehicle. They could have called it the Jeep; Wanderer, Overlander, Adventurer, doesn't matter. It could have evolved on its own as other vehicle lineups do and became another random 4 door SUV geared more toward the 4x4 crowd. Kinda like what Ford is trying to do with the Bronco.

They should not have given the 4 door the name Wrangler, this distinction should have been reserved for the iconic 2 door Wrangler we all know and love.

Just my 2 cents.
Looking at sales figures, if they diverged the 2 lines the 2 door would be dead and gone by now. The purists may hate it, but the 4 door is carrying the line.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6

Just my 2 cents.
I honestly forget the name Wrangler and refer to my Jeep as a Jeep or Rubicon, Rubi.

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
I get the same question all the time. I love my 2 door. Its a bitch to get the kids in and out and theres no storage in the back but it wheels with the modded 4 doors and toyotas like a champ. Plus its lighter weight and goes further in deep crusty snow without issues vs a 4 door.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Kinda like what Ford is trying to do with the Bronco.
Ford messed up big-time with the Bronco & Bronco Sport. I know so many non-car people that said they saw a " New Bronco" that they didn't like, not realizing that they saw a Bronco Sport and that it was a completely different vehicle. It's like the Chevy Bolt vs. Volt all over again.

Sponsored

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
Ford messed up big-time with the Bronco & Bronco Sport. I know so many non-car people that said they saw a " New Bronco" that they didn't like, not realizing that they saw a Bronco Sport and that it was a completely different vehicle. It's like the Chevy Bolt vs. Volt all over again.
I couldn't agree more!! The same thing happened to me a few days ago with a co-worker. He was showing me pics of a new F-150 he was going to buy, so I asked him what he thought about the new Bronco?

He said he saw one and didn't really care for it. After I explained to him what he saw was the "Sport" version and the "real" ones haven't came out yet, he went and Googled Ford Bronco's. Now he is thinking about getting a Bronco instead of the F-150.

So ya, Ford screwed up big time with how they are releasing this thing.

huyfishin

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.huyfishin.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive Paint Protection Film Installer and Glass tinter
I would love my a 2 door model but it doesnt suit my lifestyle since I need the extra a space for my fishing and camping trips plus my little beagles. If I had to get a second vehicle I would consider a 2 door 4xe if they did make it.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I couldn't agree more!! The same thing happened to me a few days ago with a co-worker. He was showing me pics of a new F-150 he was going to buy, so I asked him what he thought about the new Bronco?

He said he saw one and didn't really care for it. After I explained to him what he saw was the "Sport" version and the "real" ones haven't came out yet, he went and Googled Ford Bronco's. Now he is thinking about getting a Bronco instead of the F-150.

So ya, Ford screwed up big time with how they are releasing this thing.
It should have been called the Escape.

Back to Jeep stuff: I always thought the JT should have had a different front than the JL, and maybe the JLU should have had it's own unique look too. Something like this:

hqdefault.jpg

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I didn’t like the Wrangler name when it came out in ‘87. CJs went up through CJ10, so I guess they didn't want to continue with the numbering game.

That picture above looks like an XJ Cherokee front end grafted/photoshopped onto a Wrangler.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
*puts tinfoil hat on*

I wonder if part of that is trying to get customers to associate "sport" with a lesser capable off-roader, because then people see Jeep Wrangler Sport, and possibly associate that with Bronco Sport, then think they have to get a Rubicon to get Bronco level capability, now all of a sudden all the trims for Bronco look more capable by face comparison, even if it's not a true comparison being made.. :movember:

Corporate jockeying and marketing mindgames!
fz70ghc87by06su7tk7cg320csdanmd24rd1laul&rid=giphy.gif

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
*puts tinfoil hat on*

I wonder if part of that is trying to get customers to associate "sport" with a lesser capable off-roader, because then people see Jeep Wrangler Sport, and possibly associate that with Bronco Sport, then think they have to get a Rubicon to get Bronco level capability, now all of a sudden all the trims for Bronco look more capable by face comparison, even if it's not a true comparison being made.. :movember:

Corporate jockeying and marketing mindgames!
Probably not, since they did the same thing with the Mustang Mach-E. I don't know who they think their fooling calling that a Mustang :facepalm:

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
T
Probably not, since they did the same thing with the Mustang Mach-E. I don't know who they think their fooling calling that a Mustang :facepalm:
True, I'm probably implying too much competence hah. That thing looks like a ford focus with a mustang grill and lights added :surprised:

pdady

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 dr
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 4dr Jk and loved it, perfect for the family and extra room for stuff and when I'm asked why I did not get another 4dr I always go back to the jeep I envisioned as a kid and it was always a 2dr - now only a 2 seater since I removed the back seat and don't plan on putting it back in

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
Driving off trails is getting our access stripped every day, but we are glad you bought the jeep that helps you feed the tree huggers fire getting trails closed because you're too cool and to maneuverable to stay on them.
I personally do not like the looks of a 4 door . Waited forever for the pickup to be made only to have my dreams destroyed when it finally came out in 4 door only version, looks like a limo !
That's why we bought the 2 door.
Yup, I am still waiting for the Gladiator Jeep should have produced.
Jeep Wrangler JL Constantly asked why didn't I get a 4 door!!!! Anyone else? download.jpeg-1

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Yup, I am still waiting for the Gladiator Jeep should have produced.
Jeep Wrangler JL Constantly asked why didn't I get a 4 door!!!! Anyone else? download.jpeg-1
Man... that thing is awesome.

We all know Wrangler = 2 doors & Wrangler Unlimited = 4 doors.
So since the Gladiator has 4 doors, does that make it a Gladiator Limited? Hopefully it would be called the Scrambler.
Sponsored