Sponsored

Constantly asked why didn't I get a 4 door!!!! Anyone else?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
How about Jeep makes another LJ. A 2 door which is the classic looking Jeep but has a little extra room and because of that a slightly better ride, etc. I personally think the proportions or "look" of the LJ are perfect. Jeep add 2 feet to the two door JL(half that in the passenger area) and it will sell like crazy. I love my LJ(have owned 3) but I'm getting older(soft?) and I would appreciate a heated seat, plush ride, etc... Build the perfect Jeep for us, a 2 door that has the space most of us could live with or love.

Rant over, thanks for listening.
Jeep, are you listening?
Jeeps keep getting longer and taller. I wouldnt be surprised if the next gen 2 door is slightly longer, Rubicon comes with 35s and sports with 33s. Specially if the Bronco becomes successful, we might see a 2 door with better towing capacity and payload. By the way things are going they might kill the 2 door. But I doubt it, since the 2 door defines the brand.
Sponsored

Xsspd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
I bought a new 21 2 door rubi. This is my third 2 door but not back to back.
I been asked so many times why I didn't get a 4 door.
Just a vent post. But does everyone get this???
And one buddy said 4 door is better resale!!! LOL YEA SOOOO!!!
Personally I would never get a 4 door ever. I don't need 4 door or care for them!
Not only did I get a 2 door, I got a bright yellow manual.

PALIDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2009 Chevy Corvette
I donā€™t ever get ask (why didnā€™t you get a 4 door) because that is what I got. Iā€™m just the opposite of two door lovers in that I donā€™t like the shorter version and never would buy one.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I mean where you aware the 4dr was available, at the time you ordered? Lol jk

Gummiente62

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gummiente62.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport, 97 C5 Corvette, 03 HD FXD
Occupation
Retired
The 2dr fits my lifestyle just peachy, the only reason I'd ever get a 4dr is if I had the money to convert it to a proper 2dr pickup. I was so looking forward to the Gladiator, then so disappointed when I learned it only came in the 4dr Family Thruxter version.

Sponsored

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Yeah, that's a funny one. Got asked that twice in the two weeks of ownership I had my Willys 2DR.

I guess Jeeps are coming with a gas thirsty reputation. So people might wonder why I got a 2DR if that bigger 4DR has about the same MPG rating.

Or...because people are looking for a talking point.

Personnally, that turning radius and that off-road capability were the reasons why I loved it so much during my test drives. That longer wheel base didn't do it for me, even on the highway (I didn't see that much of a difference).

So I gladly took the cut off the price.

old mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
little red 2021 JLR (Ruby J. L. Tudor)
What? They make Wranglers with four doors? When did they start doing that? Why didn't they mention that when I ordered this one? No wonder it's too short for me to haul my surfboard and skis in the back. Has anyone told Bruce Springsteen? Man, I am so bummed out now!

Xsspd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
I had a delay in that because I bought the scotch guard treatment from the dealer. But the evening after that happened the back seat came out and the weathertech cargo liner went in. I also picked up a hitch tray from the local auto store to get some extra cargo capacity.

Future plans involve black wheels (wish I'd have caught the 300 dollar option in time) and slightly bigger tires and a tan or faded olive top. No timeline on any of that.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Wow this is a thread I have never seen before....

Mikiejag

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deciding, 2020 JL Black and tan
I really wanted this 2 door Sarge Green, but didn't get it because of 1 word. Kids..... My 8 year old could barely fit in the back seat, much less my 8 and 12 year old children together. If it was just me and my wife, 2-door all the way! Less doors to take off! :)
And I picked up a 2 door, because kids have moved out...LOL

Also the garage needs room for the Harley, so a 2 door and motorcycle is a win/win for me

Sponsored

tswillys

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 door Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I personally do not like the looks of a 4 door . Waited forever for the pickup to be made only to have my dreams destroyed when it finally came out in 4 door only version, looks like a limo !
That's why we bought the 2 door.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Constantly asked why didn't I get a 4 door!!!! Anyone else?
No, but since we have a 4 door I'm guessing that's the reason. :)

We owned a 2013 JK for 7.5 years. Whenever we saw a JKU we'd make wisecracks about it, such as "Look, that poor Jeep must have gotten caught in a taffy machine and gotten all stretched out". As the years went by, the 4 doors looked more normal. Occasionally, when we'd have our JK in for an overnight repair they'd give us a JKU loaner. It didn't feel too bad.

When we eventually traded it in on a new Jeep, we decided on a JLU for the increased cargo space and better road manners. No regrets after a year with it so far...well, except for a strong gas smell but that's another story that's going to be looked at next week.

Also, we haven't made any wisecracks about 4 doors and taffy machines lately. :LOL: