Sponsored

Constantly asked why didn't I get a 4 door!!!! Anyone else?

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
Love my 2 door but it's not good for overlanding, driving on highway, going up/down steep inclines, hauling passengers... but very maneuverable and, with careful planning, can handle a few days of camping for 2. I bought my 2 door with narrow Colorado mining roads in mind, but it's proven helpful in the Nevada desert and, just yesterday, in the Pinyon forests on the edge of the Grand Canyon. Fortunately my wife has also had fun with the 2 door, so much so that she now wants to trade her car for a Jeep!!! 👊🏻 (It will be a 4 door;)

20210411_124957.jpg
I figured I'd weigh in on this thread...I traded in a 2017 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock. 2-door. Manual 6-speed transmission. Put just under 100,000 miles on it in 3 years. County roads, state roads and interstate highways. At times running 90+mph. Pulled a small trailer at times probably a few times over the rated limit. The Jeep never gave me one iota of problems. Zero. Run the snot out of it. Due to a moment of udder stupidity...I traded her for a 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. Now, I can't get that Jeep back. Only way I can is through a 6-speed manual transmission. Automatic only available with eTorque 3.6 or 2.0 liter turbo. Just don't care for the options. I miss my 2-door. My Gladiator Mojave is great for what it is. The 2-door works great in my opinion for everything. A blast to drive anywhere. And...it looks great.
Sponsored

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I bought a new 21 2 door rubi. This is my third 2 door but not back to back.
I been asked so many times why I didn't get a 4 door.
Just a vent post. But does everyone get this???
And one buddy said 4 door is better resale!!! LOL YEA SOOOO!!!
Personally I would never get a 4 door ever. I don't need 4 door or care for them!
Many people are genuinely curious. It's an opportunity to share what the benefits of a 2 door are. Maybe some are snobbish, but that can go both ways.

I'm about to drop my coin on a 4 door, as that best suits my needs and wants.

So why did you buy a 2 door?

JK, ;);)

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Interesting. In Quebec, 2DRs are about as popular as 4DRs. Depends of what you want and need.

I can say, without a doubt, that resale value is very high for 2DRs around here. We like smaller cars and 2DRs 6MT are very rare on the market. People keep them.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
Many people are genuinely curious. It's an opportunity to share what the benefits of a 2 door are. Maybe some are snobbish, but that can go both ways.

I'm about to drop my coin on a 4 door, as that best suits my needs and wants.

So why did you buy a 2 door?

JK, ;);)
Now that I've just posted my opinion...I really do miss my 2-door. More than I thought...I'll get back with you on this thread in a week or so.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I know the longer wheel base rides better but it’s not a big enough of a difference where I feel most people would regret due to that alone.

I have both a gladiator and two door and as much as I love the gladiator the two door is my favorite

Sponsored

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I've never had anyone directly ask me why I got a 2 door, but in conversation; they will say they would have got a 4 DR. if they bought a Jeep. It's mainly for more space, and never brought up by fellow Jeep owners from my experience.

Were I live a see a lot of 4 doors, but a lot of 2 doors also.

For myself, I just like the look of the 2 DR. better. When the 4 Dr Jeeps came out, I didn't really care for them until I started seeing them lifted with big tires. I didn't like the Gladiator either, but it's growing on me now that I see them driving around, with big tires and lifted.

Jeffy77

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I bought a new 21 2 door rubi. This is my third 2 door but not back to back.
I been asked so many times why I didn't get a 4 door.
Just a vent post. But does everyone get this???
And one buddy said 4 door is better resale!!! LOL YEA SOOOO!!!
Personally I would never get a 4 door ever. I don't need 4 door or care for them!
personally I prefer the 2 doors. 4 doors are good if you have a family and need the extra space.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Maybe my Rubi 2-door truly is a unicorn...She handles great both on and off road, at 85mph on a straight stretch of highway (no traffic!) you can take your hands off the wheel and she tracks arrow straight! Winding roads-no problem, hit potholes-no abnormal bump steer, hit the brakes hard at speed-stops straight, in other words zero complaints on handling.

However, I have done a lot of work to dial in exactly what I wanted: Mopar lift, Teraflex IR control arms front and rear, full SteerSmarts (tie rod, drag link & pro trackbar) setup, 35" KO2's on 17"x8.5" wheels w/5.2" backspacing, Teraflex rear trackbar relocation bracket, Rancho adjustable rear trackbar, Rancho front trackbar support, Fox 2.0 TS stabilizer, Jeep iron steering gear plus carefully adjusting everything for optimal performance: Both axles centered side to side, axles centered front to rear to maintain symmetrical wheelbase, tires 32psi front / 31psi rear, caster 6.5 left front/6.7 right front. As I said, zero complaints with ride or handling...Then I got the bug for 37's as outlined below:

Will soon find out what trade-off's in on road handling will result from my latest mods...UD44 front axle with 4.88's and no FAD, Reid Racing iron knuckles, Dynatrac ball joints, Dana 4.88's in rear, Dana chromoly rear axles-these are being done to get ready for the new load range C 37" KO2's. Obviously adding this extra weight in the front plus an axle without FAD or locking hubs along with slightly heavier but taller tires will negatively affect on road handling to some degree...However, I am hoping for minimal on road changes and maximum off road improvements!

Sponsored

azski

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (YJ & XJ too)
Occupation
LE / self
Yes I’ve been asked a lot. But I always have an explanation. It’s like yea I’m aware of the benefits of a 4 door and know they exist but I also know why I wanted a 2 door. 1. I like to be different 2. It’s my toy not my daily 3. It’s just me my girl and the pups 4. Maneuvers like a go kart 5. The garage where I keep it wouldn’t fit an unlimited 6. I think 2 doors have more of that authentic wrangler look and 7. It’s what I wanted! I think the struggle of trying to find a wrangler spec’d how you want AND a 2 door is one only some can appreciate lol. Took me about a year had to drive a ways and still had to add some oem+ options!

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I only wish Jeep would have made the LWB 2 dr concept they showed when the JK first came out. If they made a 2 dr JL with about a 105” wheelbase I would have bought it in a heartbeat instead of my 4 door. I just couldn’t see myself getting a new Jeep shorter than my previous ‘06 TJ Unlimited.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I think the best part about a 2 door is being able to drop and stash two doors and the top in a flash. Of course they now have the bestop roll-type tops for the 4dr, however removing 2 doors vs 4 is much quicker. If my Jeep was purely a recreation/weekend vehicle I'd prob have gone with 2 door but I always spend a lot of time on overnights, camping, hunting and fishing and really don't drop my top and doors that often. It just gets too filthy inside on multi-day trips with the top off. Much easier to do quickly with the 2dr.

shelglass

First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
I get asked all the time. Still, I wanted the 2 door over the 4 that's really the only reason. First thing I did was to take the back seat out for the labrador, She loves it back there, kids are grown and gone just me and the wife, and yes it's a daily driver.
Sponsored