Sponsored

Constantly asked why didn't I get a 4 door!!!! Anyone else?

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I would have bought the Gladiator 2dr in a freaking HEARTBEAT.
same here. at the time i was looking around. i looked at the gladiator. i couldnt decide if i like the overall design of it.
Sponsored

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
i almost bought a 2 door till i saw the cargo room and was like holy crap that is small and the dealer was pushing me to a 4 door he had on the lot that MSRP was 44500 that he would give me for 38500 so i saved 6K and got 4 doors.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
agreed. i'm the only one that in the jl. so the 2 door works great.

i didnt find the handling that bad on the interstate . other than the crosswind. i agree on the limited space for the larger items and the capability of the 2 door.

i'll admit that i did test drive a 4 door sport. i did like it. but i really didnt need anything bigger than a 2 door.
my 2dr is great at hwy speeds, no wander and can just keep it going w/ one finger on the wheel. Only caveat is heavy crosswinds, then it can become a death-grip situation in a hurry :(

FWIW, for those that have that wander at highway speeds, be sure to have your caster checked (especially Rubicons), might be a simple $70 set of longer Mopar-lift LCAs that will turn your frown upside down :)

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
What‘s the ratio of four doors to two doors? 10:1? If so, similar to Street Glides and Roadies.

Sponsored

nashsnazzy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Pro bimbo here, so apparently I made a good choice aligning with the Jeep crowd.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
All these "real jeep" 2 door guys who's offroading includes driving on the beach, dirt roads, the mall surrounded by actual minivans and Subarus want to tell us about wheeling. I'll keep wheeling my fake jeep on real jeep trails so you have extra space between those station wagons where y'all "wheel".

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
All these "real jeep" 2 door guys who's offroading includes driving on the beach, dirt roads, the mall surrounded by actual minivans and Subarus want to tell us about wheeling. I'll keep wheeling my fake jeep on real jeep trails so you have extra space between those station wagons where y'all "wheel".
I used to do a lot of real off roading long before they had 4dr Jeeps, don't get a chance as much these days, but have a couple fun trips planned :)
FWIW, plenty of badass 4doors no doubt! I just don't need the room :)

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I bought a new 21 2 door rubi. This is my third 2 door but not back to back.
I been asked so many times why I didn't get a 4 door.
Just a vent post. But does everyone get this???
And one buddy said 4 door is better resale!!! LOL YEA SOOOO!!!
Personally I would never get a 4 door ever. I don't need 4 door or care for them!
I could go either way. I could not decide, so I compromised and got the 3 door. 😁

My JKR (2 door) was great on the switchbacks at Black Bear Pass trail. On most switchbacks I did not have to back up. I liked that the body was more true to the original Willys design and was less likely to "high center".

Now I have the JLUR. It does drive much better and of course, more room. Also, it is more stable on steep slopes due to the longer wheelbase. Now that I have had both, bottom line; I prefer the Unlimited. Plus I have better resale and yes, some folks ask, "why didn't you get the 2 door". :CWL:

Last edited:

Sponsored

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
I bought a new 21 2 door rubi. This is my third 2 door but not back to back.
I been asked so many times why I didn't get a 4 door.
Just a vent post. But does everyone get this???
And one buddy said 4 door is better resale!!! LOL YEA SOOOO!!!
Personally I would never get a 4 door ever. I don't need 4 door or care for them!
I only get asked why I didnt get a 4 door when someone needs to crawl into the back....... I bought it for myself. Not my friends :CWL:

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
same here. at the time i was looking around. i looked at the gladiator. i couldnt decide if i like the overall design of it.
LOVE my two door Rubi! It is pretty much perfect for us. I just got a small aluminum trailer for doing truck stuff. The trailer is only 500 lbs empty so that leaves me 1500 lbs capacity. That is plenty for what I do. Any bigger than that and I thankfully can just borrow the box truck from work.

That all being said - if they made a two door Gladiator I would trade in a second!! That is exactly what I have been wishing they made for years now. The 4 door Gladiator is just too longgggggg for my tastes.
And the 4 door JL is great for out west trails, but here in the northeast our trails are tight, and besides that I just prefer the 2 door look.
Sponsored