Sponsored

Constantly asked why didn't I get a 4 door!!!! Anyone else?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I bought a new 21 2 door rubi. This is my third 2 door but not back to back.
I been asked so many times why I didn't get a 4 door.
Just a vent post. But does everyone get this???
And one buddy said 4 door is better resale!!! LOL YEA SOOOO!!!
Personally I would never get a 4 door ever. I don't need 4 door or care for them!
No, nobody asks. If someone did I’d assume they’re a douche. WTF is it anyone’s business what I drive?
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I clearly meant "same engine" in regards to mpg and acceleration, and had immediately added it right after posting. I have zero desire to go down a rabbit hole with someone justifying their purchase as something "better" for anyone other than themselves, trying to amplify and minimize points and facts where necessary. It's pointless and merely opinion-based fact-twisting on an internet forum, with the end result of showing who's the most insecure. All my listed items are 100% advantages, TO MY NEEDS, and reasons why I bought a 2-door, which answers the question of the topic of this thread and your reply changes none of that. Have a great Sunday!

P.S. Maybe you should start a "reasons I bought a 4-door" thread to let it all out. I promise you, I won't even read it, or touch it with a 10 ft pole, because it doesn't apply to me and I'm secure with my purchase and reasons behind it ;)
I've wheeled and owned both and bought what suits my needs the best. I even pointed out in my 1st post that everyone should buy what they want and fits their use the best. Hauling more people is far from the only reason we chose the 4 for was my point. If the 2 door works for you, then get the 2 door. If you plan on taking friends, climbing steep ledges, or driving fast and are on the fence between 2 and 4 door, I'd suggest a 4 door.

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
Cause I don't like the look of the 4 door. I wanted a 2 door manual but thought it was impractical for my main daily driver vehicle. I had been hoping that Jeep would come out with a 2 door pickup. Was quite disappointed when the only version they came out with was a 4 door. I didn't really want the "huge" Gladiator sitting in my garage but don't really like the 4 door Wrangler so ordered the Gladiator. After a couple weeks of second guessing myself, I decided WTF and broke down and ordered my 2 door manual Wrangler too. Couldn't be happier with that decision.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I would have gotten a 2 door, but my powered soft top was only available for 4dr JL's at the time.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I've been asked once.

I just replied, "Cuz I like the looks of the 2dr."

The wife and I are now retired and don't have kids to haul around. If grandkids come to visit, we can rent a minivan, if it comes to that. While they're young, they can squeeze into that back seat.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I bought a new 21 2 door rubi. This is my third 2 door but not back to back.
I been asked so many times why I didn't get a 4 door.
Just a vent post. But does everyone get this???
And one buddy said 4 door is better resale!!! LOL YEA SOOOO!!!
Personally I would never get a 4 door ever. I don't need 4 door or care for them!
Here's my canned response. Feel free to modify and use it.

"It's just me and my wife. Why would I want the minivan Jeep? If you need it for towing you're bringing too much crap with you."

I've owned a YJ and a JL. Both 2 door and neither with a back seat. If you want to ride in a Jeep, get your own to make yourself useful when one of us needs to be pulled out.

OP
OP
slick

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
I guess I'll find out as I ordered a 2 door 80th Annie 10 days ago. Wondering, is it other Wrangler owners or just in general ? Frankly, it seems like a ridiculous question to ask just "out of the blue"(unless it's someone pondering a Wrangler purchase). For us, it's a third vehicle mainly for just me and my wife that could top down and drive onto the beach (surf fishing, etc.). If someone walked up to me on a parking lot and asked, I'd probably just say "it suits my needs".
No one with a wrangler. Just people that have seen it so far.
I just say I dont need 4 doors.
Its something I wouldn't ever think to ask someone.

OP
OP
slick

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
Here's my canned response. Feel free to modify and use it.

"It's just me and my wife. Why would I want the minivan Jeep? If you need it for towing you're bringing too much crap with you."

I've owned a YJ and a JL. Both 2 door and neither with a back seat. If you want to ride in a Jeep, get your own to make yourself useful when one of us needs to be pulled out.
Its just me! My daughter here and there not often. And a chic sometimes if I find one that can appreciate a jeep I will let her in.

Reactions: DLD

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Its just me! My daughter here and there not often. And a chic sometimes if I find one that can appreciate a jeep I will let her in.
Exactly. Zero need for a 4 door or a back seat. Besides, nobody wants to argue on behalf of the Minivan Jeep side if you're not too hard on them. Hey, sometimes life happens and you need to make the concession of a big, easily high-centered Minivan Jeep. It's understandable. You're just not one of those people.

And if you find a chic that can appreciate a Jeep, keep her!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The 4door has that very nice 21 gallon gas tank, kinda jealous about that :)

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
If you don’t have kids then the 2dr makes sense, but if you do then it really limits tje finctionality the 2dr and basically becomes a toy.

Having 2 kids we pack beach chairs, cooler, beach toys, beach wagon, bag of clothes/towels, etc in the trunk the JLU without an issue. We went on a family trip to Canada and packed it to the gills including snow sleds. If we had a 2dr we would have had to leave it home and take another car.

Without kids you recline the rear seats and are good to go. With kids the 4dr makes a lot more sense.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I've been asked maybe once or twice why I have a 2 door instead of 4, usually by people who don't know me and aren't gearheads. The folks who know me, though, are never surprised to see what I drive, ha. And the car folks are usually just asking about what I've done to it.

For me, it just makes sense. No spouse, no kids, no commute. No need for four doors. And I always preferred the two-door look, myself.

Everybody's got their own needs, though. Plenty of good reasons to go with a four door.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i've been asked that question. but i get morefolks commenting on the 2 door. these old timers will come over to checkout my jl and strike a conversation about the jeeps they drove. which most of them were willys and cj 5-8. a few yj and tj. they commented on how the jl looks and that jeep is still making the 2 door wrangler. i choose the 2 door because i really dont need a 4 door.also i like the traditional 2 door wrangler.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
I chose my '20 JL 2 door for two simple reasons. I like the look of the 2 door better and had no need for the space of of the 4 door.
Just me, the wife and a 35 lb border collie. I'm 6'4" , 225lbs and find the fit perfect. In fact I prefer the upright position over my wife's L.R. Discovery on long trips.
It's my daily driver and sometimes work truck. Perfectly mannered cruising at 70/80 on the freeway, and the 2.0 turbo is a freaking rocket off the line - I outpace everyone up the on ramps by 40 - 50 yards.
I wouldn't trade it for the world
Jeep Wrangler JL Constantly asked why didn't I get a 4 door!!!! Anyone else? 20200731_163313

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If you are a single guy/girl, or a couple with no kids, you can easily get away with the 2-door.

I removed the rear seat and was able to fit all my camping gear.

The only drawbacks of owning a 2-door, IMO, are the squirrelly handling on the freeway, and the odd time you need to get a big box from Ikea or Home Depot and it don’t fit. Everything else is a plus: amazing maneuverability in town and on the trails, cool looks; it was even surprisingly fun to toss on the curves on CA-330 going up to Big Bear.
Sponsored