Sponsored

Constantly asked why didn't I get a 4 door!!!! Anyone else?

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
I bought a new 21 2 door rubi. This is my third 2 door but not back to back.
I been asked so many times why I didn't get a 4 door.
Just a vent post. But does everyone get this???
And one buddy said 4 door is better resale!!! LOL YEA SOOOO!!!
Personally I would never get a 4 door ever. I don't need 4 door or care for them!
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Had multiple Wranglers over the years. Last was a 2dr JKR, it was GREAT in the woods. However, that was just a few days out of the year. As a daily driver it killed my back and was squirrely at hi-way speeds. When it came time to get a new rig I went 4dr. I decided where it would spend most time and bought accordingly. If I wanted a dedicated trail rig, then 2dr all the way.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
My parents so far are the only ones to ask why I didn't get a 4 door or the Gladiator. I may still get a Gladiator or Power Wagon when I buy a home. But as it is, I don't need a truck or extra doors at the moment. Because I travel for work, I often only drive my personal vehicles about 6-8,000 pleasures miles annually and the 2-Door seems more fun for that... Besides, I only find myself using my previous truck to help family out. Maybe they won't bother to ask now?

OP
OP
slick

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
Had multiple Wranglers over the years. Last was a 2dr JKR, it was GREAT in the woods. However, that was just a few days out of the year. As a daily driver it killed my back and was squirrely at hi-way speeds. When it came time to get a new rig I went 4dr. I decided where it would spend most time and bought accordingly. If I wanted a dedicated trail rig, then 2dr all the way.
I did't realize about the difference in ride. I have always just liked the traditional 2 door.

Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
I have 3 family members who have 2 door Jeeps (well 1 of them recently sold their 2 door for a 4 door). I've never asked as I don't care what others drive.

I don't care what others think about what I drive and I'm sure you don't either. I understand the vent but as long as you happy who cares...

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Nobody has asked me. 2 doors are fairly popular down here. I already have a 4 door pickup anyway.

The JL 2 door rides much better than the JK 2 door. I was so impressed when I test drove it that I knew I wanted to buy it.

As far as resale? Of course the 4 door has better resale, it cost more to begin with. Same goes for Rubicons. After 5 years it doesn’t matter much though, condition and miles are what count for resale.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
My parents so far are the only ones to ask why I didn't get a 4 door or the Gladiator. I may still get a Gladiator or Power Wagon when I buy a home. But as it is, I don't need a truck or extra doors at the moment. Because I travel for work, I often only drive my personal vehicles about 6-8,000 pleasures miles annually and the 2-Door seems more fun for that... Besides, I only find myself using my previous truck to help family out. Maybe they won't bother to ask now?
Buy a little utility trailer to pull behind the Jerp instead of buying a truck. Easier to load and unload than a truck and you can leave it at home for that 99% of the time you're not hauling anything.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I test drove a 2 door when I went from my TJ the JK and it was awful compared to the 4 door I ended up getting. It was an easy choice on the JL. Longer wheelbase, more room for the dogs, and I prefer the look.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur

Watch the 2 doors coming down the wall and you'll see one of the many reasons there are way more 4 doors on the trails, at least out west. The short wheelbase is unstable and super sketchy on steep climbs and descents even when they aren't off camber. Every 2 door I've wheeled with in the past 15 years has either flopped or stretched the wheelbase or both. Buy for your use case and your preference, but hauling more people is not the only reason more people buy 4 doors.

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
I would prefer a 2 door but with one grandkid here and mother on the way it is much easier to get them in car seats in a 4 door. For me it was just what makes the most sense at this time.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I really wanted this 2 door Sarge Green, but didn't get it because of 1 word. Kids..... My 8 year old could barely fit in the back seat, much less my 8 and 12 year old children together. If it was just me and my wife, 2-door all the way! Less doors to take off! :)

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Buy a little utility trailer to pull behind the Jerp instead of buying a truck. Easier to load and unload than a truck and you can leave it at home for that 99% of the time you're not hauling anything.
The problem with that plan is the towing capacity is so low on a 2 door it is barely worth the effort. Most small utility trailers weigh around 1,000lbs empty. There goes half your towing capacity before you pick anything up. A 4x12 sheet of drywall weighs ~105 lbs, you'll need a lot of trips at that tiny load limit. A 4 door has an extra 1500lb towing capacity, still not a great work truck but usable enough.
Sponsored