First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
This issue just started with my 2019 Sahara. Constant tone coming from the radio. It would cut out if I used the phone and then start back up again. Turned the vehicle off then started back up and the constant tone was still there. Very annoying!
Try pulling the #11 fuse for awhile to reboot the radio. If that doesn't work your dealer and @JeepCares are your friend.
Sponsored

Ryder

First Name
Dian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited Sahara 2019
Try pulling the #11 fuse for awhile to reboot the radio. If that doesn't work your dealer and @JeepCares are your friend.
Jeep dealership printed a copy of a Case Number S1908000048 - Rev. A opened on 9/17/20.
"Repair Procedure: Do Not Replace the radio. A radio reset by pulling radio fuse or battery disconnect corrects the concern. A future radio software enhancement will correct this concern. Tenetative availability: 1st quarter 2021: Verify radio software MR 28.3 or higher:

bhold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee 2019
"A future radio software enhancement will correct this concern. Tenatative availability: 1st quarter 2021: Verify radio software MR 28.3 or higher:"

Is anyone from JEEP still monitoring this thread? There are seven pages of discussion about this issue going back years. Many owners have been documenting this carefully and posting in good faith trying to be helpful to JEEP and other owners, yet still there is no fix. I'd really like to believe that JEEP will release a patch in 1Q21, but based on their track record I'm not hopeful. Competition is about to heat up - if they continue to take us for granted it may be time to look at alternatives...

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Sahara JL, 14' MB E550,13' S6 , 07' Ram 2500
Occupation
AMT
Well I now have this issue also and am worried about it getting fixed. My warranty runs out on 3/31/21. Has anyone had any luck getting this fixed?
Thanks
Chad

Mucktheghost

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
I have this exact same problem with my RAM 1500 UConnnect 8.4. I am able to reproduce the problem. It seems to occur when the satellite signal is weak and/or has inference. This problem occurs when parked in a parking structure with spotty satellite signal. My theory is that if the vehicle is being started after being parked for about an hour or more, UConnect tries to downlead your system subscription information or some other download from the satellite. Because the signal is weak or has interference, the download is interrupted and that causes the system to error out with the "constant tone". Parking the vehicle for about an hour with the ignition off usually resolves the problem, if your not in the same satellite interference condition. You can also pull the fuse or disconnect the battery and resolve it immediately, but then all your setting are lost. Not convenient. So far, UConnect, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Mopar, Fiat, etc. don't seem to want to acknowledge the issue. Always referring me back to the dealer, who resets the system, and all my settings, and sends me on my way. They suggested that a new computer/radio unit might be needed but I suspect a software update is all that is needed. Hopefully soon they will address the problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
47Jeepster

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I have this exact same problem with my RAM 1500 UConnnect 8.4. ... They suggested that a new computer/radio unit might be needed but I suspect a software update is all that is needed. Hopefully soon they will address the problem.
I understand that there is an update being downloaded to the radios in this time frame. My wife's Summit (that never had the problem) received the update last week. So, if it doesn't show up soon, you might see about forcing it. And, do get back with what happens after the update.

OP
OP
47Jeepster

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
@Mucktheghost ... yep, there is an update for the 8.4 radio. Just hit mine today, but I was on a trail so delayed it until this evening.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
@Mucktheghost ... yep, there is an update for the 8.4 radio. Just hit mine today, but I was on a trail so delayed it until this evening.
what version was your update?

Because here we are , December 2021 and my 2019 does this intermittently. There's no fix AFAIK, and usually the radio resets itself after a day or so....no discernible pattern...maybe 3 starts after a few hours.
This morning it started again. An hour later I'd parked up but had trouble starting the jeep. The. driver display showed that I had to place the key fob by the start button. Thankfully it started....but the persistent noise was still there.

Mine settings shows
UConnect LIVE 3.1.0
Update Manager 2.1.0

When I went to the jeep just now, I had to touch the key fob to the starter button just to switch from OFF to ACC. Then it seemed fine and the persistent tone had gone.
This is very strange.

OP
OP
47Jeepster

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
what version was your update?

Because here we are , December 2021 and my 2019 does this intermittently. There's no fix AFAIK, and usually the radio resets itself after a day or so....no discernible pattern...maybe 3 starts after a few hours.
This morning it started again. An hour later I'd parked up but had trouble starting the jeep. The. driver display showed that I had to place the key fob by the start button. Thankfully it started....but the persistent noise was still there.

Mine settings shows
UConnect LIVE 3.1.0
Update Manager 2.1.0

When I went to the jeep just now, I had to touch the key fob to the starter button just to switch from OFF to ACC. Then it seemed fine and the persistent tone had gone.
This is very strange.
Looks like you might have two problems. With instructions to place the key fob next to the start button, that suggests that you have a weak battery in the key fob. Batteries are cheap, try changing it out.

As to the update ... let me look up the magic key strokes to bring up the version that I currently have in the radio. Will do that later today. I did install the update back in February of this year, so it should be the latest ... well, at least as of 9 months ago.

Sponsored

OP
OP
47Jeepster

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
@PatrickM

I hope there is a special place in hell for IT folks who constantly change the location of info. *&^#$%.

Remembered where the software info was stored, checked and it's not there anymore. A quick search of Google yielded a Youtube video that showed the new location ... thanks Mr. Haneline.

My radio software version is 21.11.11

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
@PatrickM

I hope there is a special place in hell for IT folks who constantly change the location of info. *&^#$%.

Remembered where the software info was stored, checked and it's not there anymore. A quick search of Google yielded a Youtube video that showed the new location ... thanks Mr. Haneline.

My radio software version is 21.11.11
I found a UConnect website where I put in the VIN and it tells m I’m up to date

C9CA6450-CBF3-4AFE-8188-1910097028BE.png