Sponsored

Considering ordering a Sport instead of Rubicon, and building it up. Here's why...

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
I’d borrow the money at 2.5-3.5%. Invest your cash in a fund. Most reputable funds return approx 5-8% in a 4 year period, often more. Risky, maybe, but the total loss vs gain is negligible vs tossing cash at a new vehicle that will instantly result in a 4.5-5.5% loss.

Use the outstanding bank offers and buy a Rubicon with other peoples money!
Not only that, but if you crash your vehicle, insurance no longer pays what you owe. They just pay what its worth, which obviously is always less than what the guy owes.
Sponsored

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
I have a 2016 JKUR I eventually did a complete build on, and ended up selling the original axles and electronic sway bar for decent $$ to recoup some cost, but if I had to do it all over again, I would go non-rubi. I use the AntiRock front sway bar now and I like it much more than being totally disconnected on the trails. Also, I run the Ultimate D60s (5.38 gearing) and 40s, but there are lots of other great options depending on your abilities and planned usage. Currie makes a set of 60s that is priced about the same as the Danas. Keep in mind the axles are only part of the cost. You'll need new brake lines, possibly a different lift, brake booster, driveshafts, 8 lug wheels. It adds up even if you do all the labor on your own.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If I were to build for rock crawling again, I would get an old LJ. Maybe find one that was well built already. A JL is far too electronically complex for my comfort in the boonies.
Sponsored

Last edited: