Sponsored

Considering Gladiator. Share your trade in value on JL.

jeditdedn

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Haha.
Oooo we are in disagreement here.

If someone trades in a Dodge Durango with 24" rims, then yes I suppose your correct.

But we are talking about Jeeps here.

Most mods on a Jeep are NOT removed actually.

To remove a lift kit, adj. track barks, steel bumpers, rims, tires, air compressors, steering stabilizers, etc. Etc. Etc...is actually very expensive to do and that's if the original Jeep owner saved all the original parts to replace with.(for a dealership to remove and replace all mods that I have personally done would cost them thousands in parts and labor).

...not all people use banks to purchase toys btw.
Haha. I am watching my local dealership do that with my 08 JK I traded in. Every month they seem to take a few more mods off hoping it'll sell. First they removed the brush guard. Then they swapped the hardtop for a soft top, since my hardtop had some chips in it. Now they e taken a bunch of the Mopar chrome accents off and even switched the taillights out.
Sponsored

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
I looked at trading and after I drove one, I hate it. It's just a small pickup truck, nothing special.

In fact, I spoke to the service guy after work (ran into him at the grocery store and told him my thoughts about trading). He said don't do it. the Gladiator is just a jeep with a RAM rear end. That is the only difference. I couldn't have said it better myself.

If you want a truck, get a RAM.

my 2 cents....dont have to agree :)
I believe I read the JT frame is actually the old Dakota frame front to rear.

I loved the scrambler look, but they went full pickup with a wrangler, my opinion, all I see is JT's with these raised contraptions holding kayaks, destroying all the bed capacity.

I agree, I have a JLU, if I need a pickup, I throw on a small trailer to the backend and have more volume and weight capacity than a JT. Need bigger? Uhaul, $29 a day.

Just not seeing JT making more than a few more years.

JL's? Cockroaches into the next JM/N/O???

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Doubt JT’s rear frame section is Dakota’s. Dakota used leaf springs; JT uses Jeep’s QuadraCoil suspension. That alone would make a significant enough difference.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

I think it's a mistake to think of it as a truck. It is a Jeep with a large cargo space for overlanding.
Yep if people are buying JT for a replacement of a truck they are confused. Although you can throw more in the back than a JLU it is still like a Tacoma. Tacoma is not a truck either really, if you want a truck get a 2500 or F250 etc.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL