Sponsored

Considering Gladiator. Share your trade in value on JL.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Nice, how many miles were on it at the time of the $48k offer if you don't mind me asking?
Be aware of how a salesman works, however.

They may offer you a lot for your trade to make up for not taking much off so MSRP.

Or vise versa take more off of the MSRP and offer less for your trade.

Which to them in the end is the same number...dont fall for it.

I have a trick;

Go in looking to buy.

DO NOT tell them you have a trade in.

Negotiate a sale until you get to a number that you like/agree upon.

Then go back and say you've changed your mind and want to trade in a vehicle.

At this point you have them by the balls. Fight fire with fire;)

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
That's not bad, I can see why you entertained the idea.
Bone stock they wouldve offered 42,500 they said.

But I have a book of upgrades, service and installation receipts.

I have appx 18K in upgrades, so in turn they offered me â…“ of that value. Which isnt bad actually. Having the receipts helps too.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I currently have a JL and F150....its a lot cheaper for me to combine into one vehicle. That is my reasoning. The JL's dont seem to be holding values like JK. Lets stick to trade in values. Thanks
What? Are you saying your JK is worth more than a JL? Example?

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I believe he saying a comparable jk held its value after the first few years better than his jl has.
This is true. The JK, especially in the first few years, held its value much better than the JL is doing. I attribute it to the flooded market of brand new JLs. When the JK first came out it was a wait to get the one you want. Now we still have some 2018s on lots 2 years later. But this is effecting the price of the used JKs even more so now. Their prices are falling even faster than I expected.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
This is true. The JK, especially in the first few years, held its value much better than the JL is doing. I attribute it to the flooded market of brand new JLs. When the JK first came out it was a wait to get the one you want. Now we still have some 2018s on lots 2 years later. But this is effecting the price of the used JKs even more so now. Their prices are falling even faster than I expected.
In addition to the overproduction, I think there are 2 other major factors.

1) lots of pricey options that are jacking up the overall vehicle price which have significant depreciation

2) JL fleet sales have tripled that will flood the secondary market with cheap Jeeps

My 2017 JKUR is still holding incredible value with minimal depreciation after 2 years.

MSRP was $41k, I paid $35k. Right now NADA says $35,125 for clean trade in value.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
In addition to the overproduction, I think there are 2 other major factors.

1) lots of pricey options that are jacking up the overall vehicle price which have significant depreciation

2) JL fleet sales have tripled that will flood the secondary market with cheap Jeeps

My 2017 JKUR is still holding incredible value with minimal depreciation after 2 years.

MSRP was $41k, I paid $35k. Right now NADA says $35,125 for clean trade in value.
Good luck with that.

Sponsored

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
If you really want to know what you will get for trade in than download the Manheim app. My friend is GM at a benz dealer and they use this to see what trade ins are going for at auction to determine what they should offer people. They're only going to offer people what wholesalers are buying them for. Reason being, if the work needed to get it ready for resale exceeds their initial estimates it will go to a wholesaler. This is insurance for any hidden problems they might encounter.

The only caveat for this is that at a Jeep dealer they might offer you slightly more since they sell them and can usually fetch more on the resale. But overall, once you enter your vehicle info in and see what similar vehicles are going for at auction you will know where you can negotiate from.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Check out Carvana. And in your case, maybe call them since you have significant mods. They offered me WAY more than a dealership. Process was super easy. Plus, it helps at the dealership so you can focus on getting the best price.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I dont know why anyone would sell their vehicle to a dealership. Youre losing thousands. Private sale is quick, easy and you get at least kelly blue book value. If you are financing and cant make the depreciatiion casht hen go to carmax. Why would you buy a vehicle and have it for 1 year then trade? stick with it for a little longer.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I dont know why anyone would sell their vehicle to a dealership. Youre losing thousands. Private sale is quick, easy and you get at least kelly blue book value. If you are financing and cant make the depreciatiion casht hen go to carmax. Why would you buy a vehicle and have it for 1 year then trade? stick with it for a little longer.
My experience with private sales is always a long drawn out wait for a buyer. And time waisted with people calling wanting to see vehicle and nothing comes of it.

Trading in is fast and painless.(sure you may get 45k over 42k but time and hassle isnt worth it to me)

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
Nah, it's not. He showed me the difference. That's why you can tow 2x the weight of a JLU can. I think towing is like 7500 lbs compared to the JLU at 3500.
I think that’s because of the 140” wheelbase more than anything. But you’re right the rear is definitely setup differently.
Sponsored