Not open for further replies.

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Since it's been fun to read about other people's upbringing, I'll share.

My parents let me drive their 15 year old corolla wagon at the time. Manual transmission, roll up windows, a ton of miles on the odemeter, pretty sure double digit hp. I was about as a good as a kid you could ever ask for when it came to grades, achievement, staying out of trouble, no drugs/drinking, etc. Looking back I still did a lot of really dumb stuff with that car behind the wheel, in the school parking lot, and at friend's houses. I'm so happy I got lucky every time in the end.

I remember storming out of the car trying to learn manual and screaming at my parents saying I hated it. Even though I gave it up with my last car, I'm super appreciative I learned on that first and drove it for so many years. It's come in handy several times later on, from helping friends out to renting cars in Europe. The majority of people I know can't drive one.
Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
My son was a very good teenager who took driving seriously, but he still ended up wrecking his truck. If that had been a new JL instead of a 1977 F350, the airbags would have deployed, and the thing would have been a total loss. I just can't see buying a kid a brand new anything until after they have had their first wreck, or hit 25, whichever comes first.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Bro. Tell me youā€™re a piece of shit without telling me youā€™re a piece of shit lol. ANYONE would be pissed if the dealer ordered a completely different Jeep than you specā€™d out AND you were on a time crunch. People like you donā€™t belong here on the forums
Spoken like a truly spoiled 22 yr old. Well done. I rest my case.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am cracking up after reading this.

40+ people just got trolled!!

Forget the Jelly of the Month Club, this is the gift that keeps on giving. :LOL:

Pro-tip: Before wasting 20+ mins of your life constructing the perfect insightful response to such a preposterous question...check the stats on the OP first. If they joined today and its their first post, then chances are someone is trying to light fire to see how many people throw gas on it.

I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that it is probably an older member with a Smurf account.......well played, Sir/ Ma'am.
I hope you are right, about a troll starting this post. But, as you can see by many posts here, there are several fellow members members who dont see anything wrong with spoiling their kids.
My posts might come off as harsh, and abrasive, but what I say comes from 57 yrs of life, and a job that deals with spoiled kids and spoiled adult kids. Sugar coating this major issue we have in the United States, of spoiling your kids, has led to some huge problems. We could start with politic, ANTIFA, liberal cities etc, but that would get things shut down fast here. is

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
This is how his thread started. Not how he remembers it, when I just commented on it. So, did you even read or remember anything posted? What was said when he originally posted, is exactly why you dont give kids extravagant gjfts.
It reminds me of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory 's character, Veruca Salt.
. BTW, my parents were very well off, we did many things, and went many places, but they had the good sense not to spoil me, with "Extravagant Gifts".

TLDR: Jeep dealer ordered the wrong Jeep from the factory for me and is beyond incompetent.

My sister and I ordered two brand new Jeeps last month in person at the dealership. I ordered mine first with the dealer which was a loaded 2021 Rubicon, and she ordered a loaded 2021 High Altitude. Both Jeeps were white but many unique options between the two. My jeep came in 4 weeks on the dot and hers right under 6 weeks. Went to the dealership today to pick them up and there were two exact same white High Altitude editions thereā€¦.. BEYOND PISSED. Nothing they can do but to order me a brand new Jeep from the factory again. I now have to wait another god knows how many weeks for mine to be done while my sister gets to drive her beautiful new Jeep all around townā€¦ if you order a Jeep from a dealer please please please make sure they order the correct one and donā€™t make a huge F$ā€$ing mistake like they did with mine which will ruin half of my summer.

Wondering if anyone ever went through this BS before???

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, you wouldn't be pissed if a custom order was a completely different model? As if.
Not like that. Restraint comes with maturity.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Not like that. Restraint comes with maturity.

Like what? Where you there? He made a post to vent on a popular JL Forum and his post wasn't even bad. People do it here every hour. Some legit, some entitled. That's part of the reason it's here. Jesus, there are people in the Canada section waiting 8 months just to get a pretty vanilla ordered jeep. By your standards, they're also not allowed to be pissed off or at least convey that emotion on here.
I don't know this guy, I don't know his situation. I most certainly don't know why his parents offered to buy these rigs for him and his sister. Back when I was younger, I could see being envious, for sure. I drove a shitbox talking 86 LeBaron K car. But now that I'm older, I am not so quick to judge. The whole "walk a mile in a man's shoes" thing I guess.

If that one got you going, you must have a blast in here daily. There are a lot more threads on here where people are just being downright dumb, petty or a mixture of both.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like what? Where you there? He made a post to vent on a popular JL Forum and his post wasn't even bad. People do it here every hour. Some legit, some entitled. That's part of the reason it's here. Jesus, there are people in the Canada section waiting 8 months just to get a pretty vanilla ordered jeep. By your standards, they're also not allowed to be pissed off or at least convey that emotion on here.
I don't know this guy, I don't know his situation. I most certainly don't know why his parents offered to buy these rigs for him and his sister. Back when I was younger, I could see being envious, for sure. I drove a shitbox talking 86 LeBaron K car. But now that I'm older, I am not so quick to judge. The whole "walk a mile in a man's shoes" thing I guess.

If that one got you going, you must have a blast in here daily. There are a lot more threads on here where people are just being downright dumb, petty or a mixture of both.
Ok.

Sponsored

aville65

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bug, 09 Jetta, 24 Tiguan R-Line, 21 JL Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Do we think this is a good idea? Not the average car for a 16 year old for sure, but this boy is for sure deserving of it. It was either this or a Mercedes but we're worried about that getting keyed (or something (the wife is quite the paranoid freak) ). Ive heard the wrangler is easy to flip which is definitely a concern.

Please feel free to share any opinions or info

Thanks.
This canā€™t be a real postā€¦

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
The young college daughter of one of my colleagues drove a Wrangler for the first time (her friend's also) and managed to flip it on its roof. They were all safe but it happened. Wet road.

Fake post or not, I agree with some of the posters on here, if anyone is considering buying their young newly minted adult a brand new Jeep have the stipulation they work on it. Putting effort into something helps you develop responsibility and care.

Jeeps are unlike any other vehicle. You have a high center of gravity on a vehicle and tires meant for digging into a loose medium. The traction isn't at the same and you can't take a corner on a wet road at the same speed as the Nissan in front of you or you'll find yourself looking at opposing traffic very soon.

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
People are being ridiculously mean just because they either donā€™t have money or arenā€™t making money now or donā€™t want to share it with their children. The fact is I was brought up that school was my job. I did well at it and was rewarded, I was bought a new car for college and took great care of it because it was nice. I grew up a responsible adult and served our country, I now make great money. In turn my kids know their jobs are to do well at school. In short your parenting style is fine and a new car will hopefully teach your child to take care of nice things. Jeeps are great, good luck.
I assumed this person was joking. Itā€™s a brand new account and their first post. I mean, who goes onto a forum that has that kind of money to ask a bunch of wackos this question?

Also, itā€™s obvious that his SON drives better than his WIFE becauseā€¦ wellā€¦. His son is a dude and his wife a chick. ā€˜Nuff said! šŸ™€

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Exactly what I came here to ask.
We could be siblings! And our rooms could be right down the hall from each other and we wonā€™t be blood related so at night it will be okay when weā€¦ well, never mind, that was inappropriate.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.