intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Whatever you do, get him a Jeep with the man pedal

Edit: IMO the high altitude is even more a waste of money than Sahara. For off roading purposes and re sale, I say go Rubicon whenever possible (assuming you are spending high altitude kind of money).

Lockers, 4-1 T case. Even if you don’t use them, they have a cool factor lol.

Wrangler is a wrangler. The interiors are really no nicer inside when comparing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
People are being ridiculously mean just because they either don’t have money or aren’t making money now or don’t want to share it with their children. The fact is I was brought up that school was my job. I did well at it and was rewarded, I was bought a new car for college and took great care of it because it was nice. I grew up a responsible adult and served our country, I now make great money. In turn my kids know their jobs are to do well at school. In short your parenting style is fine and a new car will hopefully teach your child to take care of nice things. Jeeps are great, good luck.

Deleted member 59498

No I wouldn't.

No the JL doesn't "flip easy" that was old jeeps and even then was half myth.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Human beings do not appreciate what is given to them. Full stop. They appreciate only what they earn through self sacrifice and hard work. No 16yo “deserves” a $70,000 vehicle. I don’t know if you are asking for opinions to show off your wealth or your “generosity” with your own child, or both - but giving him a gift with this kind of cost and suggesting he deserves it over the billions of people in this world who work harder than your son ever could in his sixteen years, people who cannot ever afford this vehicle, despite their blood sweat and tears, is the highest form of insult.

Having said that, your money is your money. Spend it however you want, I wouldn’t deny you or anyone else that right…. But don’t ask us to applaud you for it.

Sponsored

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
People are being ridiculously mean just because they either don’t have money or aren’t making money now or don’t want to share it with their children. The fact is I was brought up that school was my job. I did well at it and was rewarded, I was bought a new car for college and took great care of it because it was nice. I grew up a responsible adult and served our country, I now make great money. In turn my kids know their jobs are to do well at school. In short your parenting style is fine and a new car will hopefully teach your child to take care of nice things. Jeeps are great, good luck.
You are correct people are being mean, but don't assume that it is because they are jealous, or poor, or do not want to share their wealth with their kids. My son was taught that school was his job too, and he was rewarded with good grades and a scholarship because of it. My kid is like what you described you were like at his age. Outside of that, there is a lot to be said for not giving a kid a brand new car, and there are a lot of great explanations as to why that are spread throughout this thread. I don't care how great of a kid you were, or I was, or the guy next door was. Even good kids do stupid things and most good kids do not have the life experience to take care of a new car. However, being a capitalist pig I am all about people spending their hard earned money the way that they see fit. In conclusion if someone wanted to make a post like the OP did then the average person should be able to see the blowback training coming down the tracks before hitting the post button, and if that person can't maybe the OP's judgement isn't so great after all.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Really? I remember that thread and just took a look.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-dealership-ordered-the-wrong-jeep.72950/

So, you order a jeep, a specific model. You show up and there is a completely different model and you have to start the order process again? You wouldn't be pissed off? As if. Get off the guys back. There are literally owners on here whining that they didn't get a drain plug on their diff or guys saying they're gonna sue because their rig doesn't honk when it hits 32PSI. This young lad had a legit bitch and he has valid input on this thread specifically.

Don't be a dick just because you didn't get anything from your parents. I didn't either but that doesn't make me any less happy about this kid getting a new Jeep.
This is how his thread started. Not how he remembers it, when I just commented on it. So, did you even read or remember anything posted? What was said when he originally posted, is exactly why you dont give kids extravagant gjfts.
It reminds me of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory 's character, Veruca Salt.
. BTW, my parents were very well off, we did many things, and went many places, but they had the good sense not to spoil me, with "Extravagant Gifts".

TLDR: Jeep dealer ordered the wrong Jeep from the factory for me and is beyond incompetent.

My sister and I ordered two brand new Jeeps last month in person at the dealership. I ordered mine first with the dealer which was a loaded 2021 Rubicon, and she ordered a loaded 2021 High Altitude. Both Jeeps were white but many unique options between the two. My jeep came in 4 weeks on the dot and hers right under 6 weeks. Went to the dealership today to pick them up and there were two exact same white High Altitude editions there….. BEYOND PISSED. Nothing they can do but to order me a brand new Jeep from the factory again. I now have to wait another god knows how many weeks for mine to be done while my sister gets to drive her beautiful new Jeep all around town… if you order a Jeep from a dealer please please please make sure they order the correct one and don’t make a huge F$”$ing mistake like they did with mine which will ruin half of my summer.

Wondering if anyone ever went through this BS before???

Last edited:

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys and a 2010 Rubicon
Do we think this is a good idea? Not the average car for a 16 year old for sure, but this boy is for sure deserving of it. It was either this or a Mercedes but we're worried about that getting keyed (or something (the wife is quite the paranoid freak) ). Ive heard the wrangler is easy to flip which is definitely a concern.

Please feel free to share any opinions or info

Thanks.
I was 48 when I bought my first new Jeep which was a 2020 2dr Rubicon v6 manual at 16 I was riding a bicycle

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
He won't be spoiled. 🤨
As a side note I would be embarrassed coming on a forum throwing out there and obvious FU to all the hard working guys here.
Some of us have sweated life blood to get where we are and your clueless.
If you have the income to spoil a 16 year old more power to you, but I would not tell the world about it.
I need.(Less caffeine)more 🌿🗽☕😎

Last edited:

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Someone told me a story at work about one the their neighbors, who had a teenager, that wanted a Tesla. Kid "saved" some money, and parents cosigned a load for a Model 3. First week parked at high school parking lot someone dragged their bag across the car, scratching it all up. About a week later, someone else (another teenager), backed up into his new Tesla in the school parking lot and banged it up pretty bad. Kid may be responsible, but he's hanging out with other kids, ruining his car.

Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
There are literally owners on here whining that they didn't get a drain plug on their diff
Now, now. I'm the one who started that thread. Whining? I don't think so. I said "I don't like" the change. That's it. Then I posted a picture of a scraped up drain plug to illustrate why the change might have been a good idea.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Now, now. I'm the one who started that thread. Whining? I don't think so. I said "I don't like" the change. That's it. Then I posted a picture of a scraped up drain plug to illustrate why the change might have been a good idea.
Lol, I was generalizing dude. Sorry
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.