Sponsored

Conroe, Spring, Woodlands and N Houston Area Chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Hello everyone, I want to introduce myself. JL owner now, used to have a TJ. I am headed to Moab and Ouray in Sept, would love to know if anyone else is headed out that way.
we love that area. Got back early this month from a trip to wheel in Colorado, Utah and Cali. Absolute blast. You’re going to be blown away by the differences between the TJ and JL. Wish we were headed up with you. I know after our trip that I don’t think a day has not passed where my wife and I say to each other “I wonder what the weather is tahoe is” followed up by “I wish we were there right now” love texas but this country has incredible wheeling and sights

brett
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
It’ll be badge #4 for me. So when are we headed to Big Bend to do Black Gap Rd?
Big Bend is still closed for the most part. They had better open up again before I leave W. Texas. Today they updated and said that they are opening some more areas tomorrow, but mostly just the paved roads and hiking areas near the roads.

closure-status-8-26.jpg

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
This will be my first badge. Haven’t taken it out of Texas. I should be ready in October. I’ve got like 5 weeks of vacation to use or lose this year and my project is winding to the end. I’d have to leave the wife at home and go solo.

Scott

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
This will be my first badge. Haven’t taken it out of Texas. I should be ready in October. I’ve got like 5 weeks of vacation to use or lose this year and my project is winding to the end. I’d have to leave the wife at home and go solo.

Scott
Lol. My wife and I were discussing the same thing! I’ve still got 3 days rolled over from last year to use, then 22 more for this year. I think I can only roll over 5 to 2021 and I can’t sell them back like hourly employees.

I just requested off a couple of days during the first week in October for a weekend trip somewhere with the Mrs. and the third week of October for a Florida trip. October might not be possible for me.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Big Bend is still closed for the most part. They had better open up again before I leave W. Texas. Today they updated and said that they are opening some more areas tomorrow, but mostly just the paved roads and hiking areas near the roads.

Jeep Wrangler JL Conroe, Spring, Woodlands and N Houston Area Chat! closure-status-8-26
I’m in a Jeep. No such thing as a closed road!
:rock:

Sponsored

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Why don’t we plan an excursion to Big Bend next spring? After it’s too cold to be out there and before it’s too hot to he out there.
That should work. Unless I end up retiring in June. Then we’d have to go after June so I can get them to pay me for my vacation days. I should know late first quarter one way or the other.

MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
New Jeep owner here
Any of you folks have already had this done?
TSB 08-074-20 (Wandering steering issue)

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Trying to get it done out here in El Paso. Already had issues with the dealer in Midland. I wish I was back home in College Station, the service manager at the dealership in Bryan is a Jeep guy who actually wheels.

Sponsored

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue, 6sp. (SOLD)
I honestly don't know if I need the TSB or not. Jeep still pulls a bit to the right and I guess it can wander at times (maybe), but I'm not sure if that's the Jeep or me still not used to driving something this big/different than my last cars.

If anything, I should probably have one of you guys drive my Jeep and tell me if I need it or not.

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
I'm planning to head out there in february to do that. We were going to go next month, but the lady who runs the hotel we were going to stay at reccomended that we not come for a while because of covid.

since our big bend trip got cancelled, we're going to camp 1 night at enchanted rock, do the texas overlander run, then drive up to dinosaur valley and camp out there for a night, the next day we'll go do the fossil rim drive through safari, then head out to great wolf lodge for 2 nights.

the camping nights are tentative that its not going to be 4,000 degrees farenheit out there....

edit: and all this is ASSUMING that my jeep gets delivered this week as scheduled(supposed to be at the pearland rail yard tomorrow...), but shit happens....

edit - just learned that NW OHV park is an hour from great wolf lodge.... might take the opportunity to go earn my first badge of honor, on paper plates no less :D

Last edited:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@Chocolate Thunder good call on infinity tint. $160 to do all 4 doors with ceramic tint.
Glad it worked out for you. That sounds like about what I paid. I’ve had my last 4 vehicles done there and never an issue. I drive from Baytown to them because they’re so good.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.