Sponsored

Conroe, Spring, Woodlands and N Houston Area Chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I just got here in Llano. I’ll be out there in the morning Scott. I’ll text you when we get there.

I’ve gotten a few new goodies since we last me up but nothing major. Got the Brawlee LED light on the rear window. RockHard bumper hoop. A pair of Baja Squadrons mounted on it. Finally got my ARB dual wired up and working.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I just got here in Llano. I’ll be out there in the morning Scott. I’ll text you when we get there.

I’ve gotten a few new goodies since we last me up but nothing major. Got the Brawlee LED light on the rear window. RockHard bumper hoop. A pair of Baja Squadrons mounted on it. Finally got my ARB dual wired up and working.
Good deal! Hope you’re having a good time out there! We’re going to the frio on Sunday!

Brett

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Good deal! Hope you’re having a good time out there! We’re going to the frio on Sunday!

Brett
Yes, we had fun. Got to wheel with Scott and his family and we exercised JL dominance over his kid’s JK and his brother’s TJ. :LOL:

SWR Off-road is a fun place to wheel. A group of us from Houston should all go sometime.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A buddy of mine has offered to host the next meet up in Magnolia if that would appeal to anyone. He does a ton of fab stuff and we’d love to show y’all some of the things we’ve been working on.

Brett

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
A buddy of mine has offered to host the next meet up in Magnolia if that would appeal to anyone. He does a ton of fab stuff and we’d love to show y’all some of the things we’ve been working on.

Brett
I’m in. Just let me know when.

Scott

Sponsored

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue, 6sp. (SOLD)
So I've had this DynoMax muffler delete pipe on and off a handful of times now and I've decided my ears are just too old now to deal with the drone that comes on between 2200-2800rpms. Around town you sound like a slightly-louder-than-stock Nissan 350Z and it's perfect, but once you're cruising on the freeway at 75mph it's just a bit too much for me.

Free to somebody who's local and can enjoy it all the time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Conroe, Spring, Woodlands and N Houston Area Chat! DynoMax Muffler Delete

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I've had this DynoMax muffler delete pipe on and off a handful of times now and I've decided my ears are just too old now to deal with the drone that comes on between 2200-2800rpms. Around town you sound like a slightly-louder-than-stock Nissan 350Z and it's perfect, but once you're cruising on the freeway at 75mph it's just a bit too much for me.

Free to somebody who's local and can enjoy it all the time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Conroe, Spring, Woodlands and N Houston Area Chat! DynoMax Muffler Delete
Very generous offer!

Brett

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I put on the Pypes muffler delete myself, more to get rid of the heavy impact target stock muffler, felt the same way about the sound. On the highway over 2,000 rpm it was horrible. Took a chance and got a resonator tip and put it on. Now I’m happy with it. Still a little loud but ok. But don’t think your muffler delete can clamp on a resonator with its curved outlet. A weld on might work, but I don’t weld.

Scott

E4B2FDB2-F65F-4D85-B8AC-0AAF92802927.jpeg

9270BD90-5508-4050-AEBB-07A4606A171A.png

Sponsored

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue, 6sp. (SOLD)
I put on the Pypes muffler delete myself, more to get rid of the heavy impact target stock muffler, felt the same way about the sound. On the highway over 2,000 rpm it was horrible. Took a chance and got a resonator tip and put it on. Now I’m happy with it. Still a little loud but ok. But don’t think your muffler delete can clamp on a resonator with its curved outlet. A weld on might work, but I don’t weld.

Scott
Thanks for the info, @DaddyEngineer . I'd usually be down to try something like this, but if my wife sees me crawl under the back of the Jeep one more time to mess with this thing, she's going to drop a 15mm wrench square on my left testicle as I'm laying on the ground. I'm glad it worked for you, though. Maybe one day I'll try again or just spring for a Borla setup.

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
Howdy lads, my name's charlie - I'll be (re)joining the jeep ranks soon. I just placed an order for a 2021 Sarge Green Rubicon.

I've had a TJ and a JK in the past. I'm really excited to be back in a jeep.

My wife and I live in the kingwood area, and we stomp around all over North Houston.

Steven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x4
Occupation
Dad
Hey guys,

I'm looking into one of those mesh tops that can stay on with the soft/hard top on. I recall seeing one at the last meetup I went to, but wasn't paying to much attention to it. For those that have one, how big is the gap between the roll bar/mesh and what do you not like about it?

Looking forward to a post-covid meetup.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Hey guys,

I'm looking into one of those mesh tops that can stay on with the soft/hard top on. I recall seeing one at the last meetup I went to, but wasn't paying to much attention to it. For those that have one, how big is the gap between the roll bar/mesh and what do you not like about it?

Looking forward to a post-covid meetup.
Look at JTops. There is no gap. They use a different method to mount and it's tighter to the bars and windshield. Plus they are made in Texas!

ChadT

First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR, 2017 JKR Lots of mods
Good to know there is a shop other than a dealer or chain store out here on the north west end
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.