Sponsored

Connection issues from the USB ports to Apple CarPlay?

adeverikos

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
DOD
Is anyone having any connection issues from the USB ports to us Apple CarPlay? Every time I connect to it the front speakers work and the sub woofer in the back does not. It works if I use blue tooth though.
Sponsored

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
Are you using a genuine Apple power cord? I was using an aftermarket brand and was getting inconsistent results, it is fine with the Apple cord.

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
I don't know if this is the same but it is in line sort of. SOMETIMES when i use Apple car play and play music from apple music i get stuttering every 10-20 seconds like the song is slowed down for a millisecond and then continues or you hear a static pop / Break sort of and to remedy this i turn off the screen , disconnect the phone, turn screen back on, switch to Radio or XM , THEN reconnect the Phone...if that doesnt work then i restart the car.

If i use bluetooth i have no issues at all.

Using original cable.Tried USB A and USB C both giving same symptoms from time to time.

i have the 7inch Uconnect. Is yours the 8"?

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I second @Dgr401 question. Usually after market cables donā€™t do very well. If that doesnā€™t resolve the issue take it in for warranty.
As for @Boogey Should take yours in for warranty.

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
I second @Dgr401 question. Usually after market cables donā€™t do very well. If that doesnā€™t resolve the issue take it in for warranty.
As for @Boogey Should take yours in for warranty.
When i first got my jeep i noticed this straight away, i had to go back to the dealership after 2 days to finish up some paperwork and i insisted on talking to a technician and he said he had never heard of any problems with apple car play before (.....) even though a quick search would show there are plenty of people having different issues with car play wired connection for music.

He said we can schedule a time to bring it in , so i am not gonna waste a day or two just for them to diagnose this issue.I will list it to check when i go in for my first oil change etc and do everything all at once.I can resolve it in less than 30 seconds when i need but it seems to be very random and not everytime i drive the jeep.There was even this one time where the song just went into 0.5- 0.75 playback speed and i was like wtf is gng on? until i did the quick fix.

As for the OP 100% check it under warranty as @KrzybonesJLU suggested

Sponsored

OP
OP
adeverikos

adeverikos

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
DOD
Are you using a genuine Apple power cord? I was using an aftermarket brand and was getting inconsistent results, it is fine with the Apple cord.
I am using a genuine Apple cable and it is a brand new one. I tried other Apple cables and cell phones as well. I even made sure the phones had the latest updates.

OP
OP
adeverikos

adeverikos

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
DOD
I don't know if this is the same but it is in line sort of. SOMETIMES when i use Apple car play and play music from apple music i get stuttering every 10-20 seconds like the song is slowed down for a millisecond and then continues or you hear a static pop / Break sort of and to remedy this i turn off the screen , disconnect the phone, turn screen back on, switch to Radio or XM , THEN reconnect the Phone...if that doesnt work then i restart the car.

Using original cable.Tried USB A and USB C both giving same symptoms from time to time.

Ok and yes I have the 2021 Jeep Rubicon with 8ā€ Unconnect screen. I was in plugging and plugging back in and sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldnā€™t.

OP
OP
adeverikos

adeverikos

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
DOD
When i first got my jeep i noticed this straight away, i had to go back to the dealership after 2 days to finish up some paperwork and i insisted on talking to a technician and he said he had never heard of any problems with apple car play before (.....) even though a quick search would show there are plenty of people having different issues with car play wired connection for music.

He said we can schedule a time to bring it in , so i am not gonna waste a day or two just for them to diagnose this issue.I will list it to check when i go in for my first oil change etc and do everything all at once.I can resolve it in less than 30 seconds when i need but it seems to be very random and not everytime i drive the jeep.There was even this one time where the song just went into 0.5- 0.75 playback speed and i was like wtf is gng on? until i did the quick fix.

As for the OP 100% check it under warranty as @KrzybonesJLU suggested
Thanks for your answer. I will follow as well. When I bring it in for oil change then Iā€™ll list it as well. I already wasted a day at another Jeep dealership but wasnā€™t happy with the answer. They said they plugged their iPad in and there was no issues.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I have issues if I use the front USB port on the dash with carplay. If I use the one in the center arm rest, I have zero issues. I know it should work with either port, but maybe try the other port in the arm rest to see if you have more success until you get to the dealer.

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thanks for your answer. I will follow as well. When I bring it in for oil change then Iā€™ll list it as well. I already wasted a day at another Jeep dealership but wasnā€™t happy with the answer. They said they plugged their iPad in and there was no issues.
Wait... dealership said they tried their own stuff and it worked fine? Have you tried anyone elseā€™s phone to see if this is true? If this is true then the issue could be isolated to the phone itself.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have issues if I use the front USB port on the dash with carplay. If I use the one in the center arm rest, I have zero issues. I know it should work with either port, but maybe try the other port in the arm rest to see if you have more success until you get to the dealer.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
Jeep Cares

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Wow, why did i never think of that? Ill have to get a longer cable and try that!

If so then that would tell the dealership there is a problem with the front ports for sure.
I am using the wifeys 2020 Pilot these days (leather seats, huge, comfort etc etc ) so when i get back to driving it will surely test it out! thanks for that!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
Jeep Cares

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
Jeep Cares
I just scheduled a service for tomorrow and i will inform them of this issue. thanks!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I just scheduled a service for tomorrow and i will inform them of this issue. thanks!
Great! Please keep me updated.

Alison
Jeep Cares
Sponsored