Sponsored

Connecting the Dots... Wind noise and frame re-welds.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Clues:
- Some tops whistle more than others.
- Some people discovered their frames were rewelded after initial painting/coating (in some cases bubbles, some just have rusty spots)
- Jeep informed people they are doing "Water profiling" on 2 door hard tops before trying to build soft tops.

It looks to me as they dont fully have the recipe to get tops aligned and its slightly different on 2 door and 4 door (and obviously changed since jk). I am guessing some of the frame re-welding was done to correct body alignment to top. In some cases silly drop down window is probably a factor too.

Its clearly a factor in delaying 2 door production (certainly not the only thing), I wonder how big a deal it is currently, if its more fine tuning or if some units are really too far of on initial assembly to have top seal properly.

I hope the recipe gets sorted sooner than later, I prefer no whistling and no rusting welds. I do know I am gonna check body alignment (doors/tops, front windows) and look for rusty frame hacks before cutting them a check for 40k+
Sponsored