Sponsored

Connecting DRLs on a Sport S

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

coachblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Engineering and Robotics Educator
Here's that wire tap in fuse 57, ran wiring as shown and going down the side and zip tied to one of those large cables keeps it down and allows the fuse box lid to securely lock down.

100_4039.JPG

100_4040.JPG

100_4041.JPG

100_4031.JPG
What does the wiring look like on the headlight assembly side? My Oracle lights have a plug plus an Acc + and an Acc - set of wires as well. Where are those connected?

jerrygcoffey

First Name
Jeramiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0T w/ eTorque
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just completed this exact project yesterday. I have a JL Sport, so no DRLs either. I wired them to a fuse tap feeding the heated seat fuse - F57 (you'll need a micro2 style to do this, not the mini size you show).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LFXA5YQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Using this fuse position the halos come one when the ignition is on, but not in the accessory position, which was my goal. Now that I'm done, I think I want to add a switch on the dash so I can turn them off completely if I want to. I don't have the Aux switches, so I'm going to likely put this in:

https://www.amazon.com/AutoEC-Rocker-Toggle-Switch-Control/dp/B012IJ35VQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1543951747&sr=8-3&keywords=automotive+switch&th=1

below / near the headlight control knob.

Overall, I'm very happy with the halos. They are a little blue-hued, but not annoyingly so.

Good luck!
Did you ever get this done? Would love to hear more.

robmoz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Did you ever get this done? Would love to hear more.
Yes, I've been running with them for a while now. What part are you interested in hearing more about? The install was pretty straightforward. After you figure out how to wire through the passenger firewall grommet, it was pretty easy. I drilled a hole low on my dash under the headlight control for the toggle switch. I'll try to take some pictures and post them. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Looks good, nice job!

lfisgood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Did you ever wire yours up? Looking at doing this myself
I had it done at Jeep dealership in Sterling. Pretty sure it was their first install ever and they F*ed up some wiring the blew up the battery and bunch of other stuff. Long story short, it turned out great but I was without the car for a week while they were fixing it :)
Sponsored