Sponsored

Congrats to me!! First JL.....back in the shop.... for Service Airbag System error

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
IMG_5636.JPG

It happens....... will let you know ... (meanwhile I get to drive this awesome Dodge Dart :()
Sponsored

72commando

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Jeep Commando, '18 JLU sport s
bad supplemental restraint sensor maybe? or possible just bad connection to it. Sucks it happened but at least its likely to be nothing serious.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, it's just a connector under the seat or something which was jiggled loose during transport.

OP
OP
wired

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I have a bad "secondary sensor" for the airbag (apparently in the rearview mirror??). The problem is there are no parts available to replace it. Dealer waiting for FCA to let them know how they can get one. Have no idea when they will get a part. So much for the weekend trip.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Sorry to hear that.

Another aspect about purchasing a first year model is whether the dealer mechanics are fully trained on diagnosing and repairing brand new models. Most likely a stressful period for service managers.

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
IMG_5636.JPG

It happens....... will let you know ... (meanwhile I get to drive this awesome Dodge Dart :()
Aww man!!! I'm so sorry!!! :facepalm::facepalm::angry::mad: ....that's bull:ontheloo:

OP
OP
wired

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So replacement air bag sensor arrived. They installed it and still got the error. Then one of the mechanics walked by and looked at the error and said, "Hey same as the JK we had 2 weeks ago." Told us the sensor was faulty, but turned out to be a loose wire. He walked right over and picked out the wire, replaced it and resolved the error. So not a new production error at all, same one that can happen anytime anywhere on a lot of Jeep products apparently. Anyway, I'm back on the road with functioning airbags. BTW, kudos to my dealer for stepping up and taking good care of me with a nice loaner and good personal service. If anyone is in NE Alabama and looking for a dealer, I would recommend Alexander Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep.

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So replacement air bag sensor arrived. They installed it and still got the error. Then one of the mechanics walked by and looked at the error and said, "Hey same as the JK we had 2 weeks ago." Told us the sensor was faulty, but turned out to be a loose wire. He walked right over and picked out the wire, replaced it and resolved the error. So not a new production error at all, same one that can happen anytime anywhere on a lot of Jeep products apparently. Anyway, I'm back on the road with functioning airbags. BTW, kudos to my dealer for stepping up and taking good care of me with a nice loaner and good personal service. If anyone is in NE Alabama and looking for a dealer, I would recommend Alexander Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep.
Yay!!! Grats!!!

Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Hi five that tech! :like:

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra
Glad to hear Alexander is good... I just ordered a JL from there last week!

jasonhodges

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Application Architect
I purchased a JL Rubicon last Saturday and mid week starting receiving the same message regarding the airbag system needing serviced. Any chance you could tell me in more detail what your tech did to resolve it? Unfortunately my sales guy isn’t taking this issue seriously and says “he got me an appointment with service next Friday”

16B83CF2-9D5F-416A-90DE-2001C0E099AD.jpeg

OP
OP
wired

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was a loose connection to an airbag sensor. The diagnostic read out as a faulty sensor. So they waited to get a new sensor, but the error remained after the sensor was replaced. The tech then located a loose connection. I would try all connections before waiting to get a new sensor if that is what the diagnostic cpu says. Unfortunately, they could not tell me which air bag was affected. I am surprised they didn't recommend you park the jeep until it is fixed. Huge liability. You should get a loaner until.. I would insist on a sooner appointment.

laurenjum

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I am a first time jeep owner, just bought mine 3 days ago. On my way to work this morning, I got the same warning light come on. Will be getting in touch with the dealership today Hope its an easy fix!
Sponsored