FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We have all went back and forth on this a few times, but im gong to throw in another monkey wrench in here....im officially confused.

Here is a Rubicon with cloth, slide 1, normal, no fold out arm rest (notice the pull strap to fold the rear seats down)
1.png

Here is that same Rubicon with cloth, but slide number 2 WITH ARMREST! Note there is no cup holder attached to the head rest, its still in the floor. (notice the levers to fold the rear seats down)

2.png

Here is a Sahara example, cloth, same fold out, same cup holders in the floor.

3.png

Here is the Sahara leather with the fold out and cup holders in the head rest. (notice the fancy levers return instead of straps also)

4.png

But here is a Rubicon with leather, no fold out arm rest, cup holders in the floor....photo 1 in the slide
5.png

HOWEVER here is that same Rubicon with leather, photo 2 in the slide with the fold out and built in head rest cup holders

6.png

So what determines which seat layout you get?! Cloth and Leather are only one option (aside from the brown leather being an additional leather option). Is there some other interior option package that ensures you get the silly fold out arm rest and fancy levers instead of pull straps (for lowering the seats)? A stupid fold out and straps vs levers in the back seat isnt swaying my decision at all....I am just highly confused after seeing this and wanted to bring it up since it was a topic of much conversation a few days ago.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your photos 1 and 5 are two door JL, thus a seat with less width than the four door rear seat.
Oh man I did not notice that, since I had selected 4 door I just assumed they were 4 door models....self inflicted confusion. Thanks for noticing that! Over analysis while bored at work, and attention to detail killed me on this one LOL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So this might have just confirmed that 4 door Rubicons and the Sahara regardless of cloth or leather have the infamous fold down arm rest (leather gets added built in headrest cup holders instead of them being on the floor)?

OR

it might confirm jack crap and thats just an adjustable head rest for the middle occupant unless its leather with the relocated head rests.

Last edited: