Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
There are some that are shared, but in total 18 different rates we've found. Jeep did not supply us with the springs.
Are these noticeable different or are you just getting the differences found in different lengths of the same wire size which is negligible? Have you measured the wire size of each spring for your spreadsheet?
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
There are some that are shared, but in total 18 different rates we've found. Jeep did not supply us with the springs.
That makes sense! I'm curious, what stops you from sharing the rates, though - if not supplied by Jeep, I assume you're not under an NDA from them, right? Curious about how all this works (is it a third party company that has helped you gather them, etc)?

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
That makes sense! I'm curious, what stops you from sharing the rates, though - if not supplied by Jeep, I assume you're not under an NDA from them, right? Curious about how all this works (is it a third party company that has helped you gather them, etc)?
Im under NDA from a shock company.

OP
OP
tntemerson

tntemerson

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TerranceEmerson.com
Vehicle(s)
1) Wrangler JLU, Mopar Lift, BFG 35's, Fuel Anza 558 wheels, Westin Bumper, Smittybilt 10k winch; 2) GMC 4x4 1/2 Ton Pickup, 350 V8, 5 Speed (scarce)
Hey Pressurized,

Do you know the install cost for the Mopar lift at your hobby shop? .... My dealership quoted me somewhere in the neighborhood of 1800 bucks to install it.
I'm considering the same Mopar lift because my dealer promises he can get it, install it, and will still honor all factory warranties. Unsure about how he might deal with the other brands yet.

But are you talking $1800 JUST for the install? Or for the lift PLUS install?

Not the expert here for sure, but I thought I read the Mopar 2" Lift install instructions said 3 to 5 hours. If true, even at a high $150 per, that's only $450 - $750. 3 -5 hours for $1800 would be $360 - $600 per HOUR. Yikes.

Am I missing something?

Sponsored

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Pressurized,

Do you know the install cost for the Mopar lift at your hobby shop? I have to drive to PHX next month and I hope to have my JLUR by then - dealership told me yesterday that it was pushed back from the 10th to the 22nd. My dealership quoted me somewhere in the neighborhood of 1800 bucks to install it.
He is $2188 out the door... Sounds like it might be a little higher than what you are getting quoted elsewhere. I just checked the "dealer" closest to me and they said $2100 plus tax...

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Is that just the labor cost or is it the $1499 lift plus $688 install?

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
tntemerson - that $1800 was just labor costs at my dealership, the lift is another $1499 I believe

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Spring rates.
I'm rather curious about what their interest is in this level of detail on the stock spring rates... Aftermarket shocks are vastly more common on aftermarket springs. Yes there will be people doing the 0-2" shocks, but it won't compare to those doing the 2.5-3.5 shocks. I guess if they wanted to valve the 0-2" shocks different than the 2.5-3.5's? Maybe that's viable...

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Is that just the labor cost or is it the $1499 lift plus $688 install?
That's the whole ball of wax... Lift kit, tax and install. I assumed that the other was kit and labor too... If not, this is much cheaper.

Sponsored

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Yessir - that is wayyyyy cheaper! If you would PM me his info I'd appreciate it. I'll contact him directly. Of course - if my jeep doesn't come by the end of the month, before I make that run to PHX it might well be a moot point. Thank you very much.

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
SDHQ will do the lift install and they're in Gilbert. Top quality work.

OP
OP
tntemerson

tntemerson

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TerranceEmerson.com
Vehicle(s)
1) Wrangler JLU, Mopar Lift, BFG 35's, Fuel Anza 558 wheels, Westin Bumper, Smittybilt 10k winch; 2) GMC 4x4 1/2 Ton Pickup, 350 V8, 5 Speed (scarce)
.... I just checked the "dealer" closest to me and they said $2100 plus tax...
If the Mopar install actually is 3 - 5 hours, $2100 sounds about right. As everyone here probably knows, they run about $1500 street. The dealer would probably be something like $1600 plus $500 to install, which would be about $100 - $160 per hour.

Not to beat a horse to death here, but just to keep it straight, isn't the whole idea of adding a more costly full spring lift to any JL model, rather than just a boost, be because the after factory product would have stronger springs with a longer flex. Right?

I can see this for the Mopar on a Sport/Sahara, but some are adding these to the Rubicons, which already have stronger suspension anyway. So there must be some advantage there as well.

Also, the RK spring pads seem a must unless you can INSURE your dealer can manage the corrected spring pad version. Given how hard it is to get most brand dealers to get it right (speaking from just my personal experience here), for the price of a large Pizza I might just get the RK pads on my own JUST TO BE SURE.

Also, for anyone interested, I live in the rural Sierra foothills North of Yosemite, but there are about 41 dealers within 125 miles, North to Sacrament, West to the Bay Area, South to the San Joaquin. More than HALF are Yelp rated 2.5 stars or LESS with many 1000's of total reviews, among the LOWEST of any brand. Only six are rated 4 stars, only ONE rated 4.5 at 110 miles away, and ZERO 5 stars. Just about none of those within 50 miles wanted to give me the time of day answering after factory mod issues unless I was ready to drive away with one of their $55,000 Rubis. My only question was "would adding a lift kit mod effect factory JL warranties?"

So I picked the nearest 4 star dealer and worked on that Yelp rating angle for an answer, pleasantly but persistently trying different approaches, from telling them I had in fact contacted national FCJ online customer assistance, to online dealer chat, to emails to different staff, to dealer website form, to actual phone conversations, until I got the attention of their general sales manager. His reply was, "We LOVE 5 star Yelp ratings!"

It took more than three weeks to actually get him to respond. He seemed a nice enough guy, and let's just assume that being a busy person was why it was so hard to get him involved. But once he found out that I was planning to buy based on performance and satisfaction, and that I had established communication with FCJ national customers assistance, and possibly be using Yelp, Facebook, and forums like THIS ONE to convey my whole Jeep buying experience, he was suddenly nearly bending over backwards trying to help me. He went from ignoring my emails to providing his personal phone number, and his team started shooting me emails asking if there was ANYTHING they could do to help. Not followed through on it yet, but it seems a hopeful start.

Just in case anyone else want's to try and establish a potential for actual service with a dealer for their after factory mods.

Last edited:

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Good idea - thank you!

The other question that popped into my head was you hear a lot of people talk about retaining the factory ride (or close to) by just using spacers and avoiding springs and shocks. I wonder how these springs affect the factory ride? Perhaps a bit harsher with the increased spring rates?
Information from Jason at Superlift: They are not willing to share rates at this time. Too early in the process... His words, "they were developed to mimic the factory ride quality". That is code for close to stock spring rates. He did say their version of the Fox Shocks for the JL will be out in about 30 days.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Information from Jason at Superlift: They are not willing to share rates at this time. Too early in the process... His words, "they were developed to mimic the factory ride quality". That is code for close to stock spring rates. He did say their version of the Fox Shocks for the JL will be out in about 30 days.
Thanks for getting the info back, @Pressurized. I'm really torn... leaning towards a spacer lift (kind of where I've been for my entire journey, so far).

I have a JLU Sahara coming (hopefully at the end of this month).
Nitto Ridge Grapplers are in the shop (35x12.5r17) and wheels are in my basement - so that is all teed up.
What I'm NOT set on (and would really like to have purchased on hand before I take delivery of the Wrangler) is the lift.
I know a lift is required for these 35s on my Sahara - I also like the more "stuffed" look, and want to keep this thing as low as possible for accessibility reasons.

That said, I also want to be able to hit mild-moderate trails.... can't have it all, right?

I'm thinking something like a 2" front and 1" rear (this lift!? or a spacer lift perhaps) and appropriate bump stops might be perfect for me?
Sponsored