Sponsored

Confused Newbie - order pricing/discount ?

NHTerrys

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep
I am looking to order a new 2019 JL Wrangler Sahara - and in getting prices I used Jeep build online for an MSRP of $55,900 with all the options and goodies added - I shopped around and getting quotes of 8% off that price to one at 9% off that price with doc fees included. Seems good so far - however when I use the Excel build sheet on this site it seems I come up with a lower overall MSRP price - or maybe I am doing that wrong? Is the actual pricing lower than what is shown online or on dealer quote - if you are ordering packages that overlap items such as infotainment/cold weather/LED/3 piece color top Remote Start - safety group etc.... that further discount the pricing ? I want to make sure I am looking at correct pricing and not what the dealer wants me to think the actual cost is ? Help with this would be much appreciated if someone is in the know.

Scott
Sponsored

Flopsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JKU
If you are using the one excel sheet on the site, those %'s are based of invoice price (which is lower than the MSRP). Your quotes are prob going off a % off the MSRP price so make sure you are looking at that correctly.

Also the dealer processing fee's aren't included on the sheet. When I did my order it came out exactly how I priced it (with the % off invoice), except it does not have the cargo mold thing on the spreadsheet (its like 30 bucks so whatever).

Also one dealer tried to pull shennanigans on me and give me a discount off the msrp, but then add BACK in the destination fee (which is included in the MSRP). So make sure that isn't happening.

But make sure you are building it correctly on there (you fill in the invoice price on the blanks on teh spreadsheet) and you should get the number you are looking for. Also, don't forget to update the total on the bottom next to the % off invoice price thing when you play with different builds.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If you want to make it simple, and avoid dealing with invoice price, shoot for 10-12% off of MSRP.

The best deals in the country are 5-8% off of invoice. This tends to fall in the 10-12% off of MSRP range.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I am looking to order a new 2019 JL Wrangler Sahara - and in getting prices I used Jeep build online for an MSRP of $55,900 with all the options and goodies added - I shopped around and getting quotes of 8% off that price to one at 9% off that price with doc fees included. Seems good so far - however when I use the Excel build sheet on this site it seems I come up with a lower overall MSRP price - or maybe I am doing that wrong? Is the actual pricing lower than what is shown online or on dealer quote - if you are ordering packages that overlap items such as infotainment/cold weather/LED/3 piece color top Remote Start - safety group etc.... that further discount the pricing ? I want to make sure I am looking at correct pricing and not what the dealer wants me to think the actual cost is ? Help with this would be much appreciated if someone is in the know.

Scott
Hey, Scott. It's probably my excel you're using, so if you want concrete numbers, post your build and I can run all of the numbers for you. No charge;)
Sponsored