First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
The threshold for low pressure on our jl is set at 36lb. Spoke to my service dept. today. Wanted to lower that to 26 lb. was told that can't be done. So is buying a tazer my only option?
Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
The threshold for low pressure on our jl is set at 36lb. Spoke to my service dept. today. Wanted to lower that to 26 lb. was told that can't be done. So is buying a tazer my only option?
36?? That's awfully high.

I think should be 30.

Otherwise your tpms light would go off everytime it got cold out.

OP
OP
Lil Punk'n

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation

I think should be 30.

That's exactly what happened last month at minus 30. Had to set tire pressure at 40lb to alleviate the problem

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

I think should be 30.

Factory setting is 36. Light comes on at some percentage (I forget the number) below that. The only way to lower the threshold is with a programmer.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
That's exactly what happened last month at minus 30. Had to set tire pressure at 40lb to alleviate the problem
Should only have to fill to 37/38 to reset tpms.

From factory threshold is 30.

In winter keep your psi at 34. Gives tire room for psi to go up when they warm up and enough to let it fall a little while parked in cold weather.

Of course just my suggestion

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
The TPMS warning light comes on when your tire pressure is about 5-6 pounds below the set threshold. I used the Tazer to set the threshold to 30. My pressure has gone as low as 27 with no warning light.

OP
OP
Lil Punk'n

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
The TPMS warning light comes on when your tire pressure is about 5-6 pounds below the set threshold. I used the Tazer to set the threshold to 30. My pressure has gone as low as 27 with no warning light.
Then ours from factory must be set really high. This winter alarm came on at 36lb.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Should not be coming on at 36# on a JL with 31’s it should come on at 30 and on one with stock 33’s it should come on at 32

If you don’t plan on going off-road and airing down and say keeping it all stock for the most part I would have the dealer correct but if you want to disable or change settings you can get a Tazer or Flashcal but your issue is wrong from the factory

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Get a TAZER, or take out the TPMS XMITTERS----from the wheels !

W.E.

JIMBO

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
TPMS comes on at 29 psi on my JLR with recommended 37 psi. But, the tpms does this thing at the beginning of the drive where it shows about 3 psi lower on all tires for a few seconds(My 2015 GC does the same thing, maybe to account for margin of error?), so an actual pressure of 32 will trip the warning. Warning goes away once tires are back to 36.

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
TPMS comes on at 29 psi on my JLR with recommended 37 psi. But, the tpms does this thing at the beginning of the drive where it shows about 3 psi lower on all tires for a few seconds(My 2015 GC does the same thing, maybe to account for margin of error?), so an actual pressure of 32 will trip the warning. Warning goes away once tires are back to 36.
When you first start the engine, the tire pressure readings are from when you stopped driving last. Your tires have to spin for a bit for the TPMS readings to update.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
When you first start the engine, the tire pressure readings are from when you stopped driving last. Your tires have to spin for a bit for the TPMS readings to update.
That is correct, but once the new pressues show up , it goes down about 3 psi for a few seconds before settling. That's where mine tripped and showed low pressure warning. If you keep monitoring the pressures for the first mile or so, you will see what I am talking about

OP
OP
Lil Punk'n

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Should not be coming on at 36# on a JL with 31’s it should come on at 30 and on one with stock 33’s it should come on at 32

If you don’t plan on going off-road and airing down and say keeping it all stock for the most part I would have the dealer correct but if you want to disable or change settings you can get a Tazer or Flashcal but your issue is wrong from the factory
That' my problem dealer said he can't change the settings

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
That' my problem dealer said he can't change the settings
The dealer service folks should have access to those settings, my guess is they don’t know how or don’t want to bother loooking into it. You should not be getting an alarm at 36#
Sponsored