Sponsored

Confirmed: Tread Lightly Discount (Affiliate Rewards Program) Applies to 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Sorry if this was covered already...

So does the dealer NEED the tread lightly affiliate number to get invoice or 1% off invoice?

In other words could I save the $100 membership and get them to match a 1% under invoice, or do they need it for some type of reimbursement on their end?

Thanks!
They need the TL affiliate number.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Sorry if this was covered already...

So does the dealer NEED the tread lightly affiliate number to get invoice or 1% off invoice?

In other words could I save the $100 membership and get them to match a 1% under invoice, or do they need it for some type of reimbursement on their end?

Thanks!
You and the dealer can negotiate anything you want - it's a free market system. You (or the dealer) don't need any program to do that. Tread Lightly is an affiliate rewards program. There are many ways to get qualified for an affiliate rewards program, TL is just one. Many employers have a spectrum of benefits programs that include affiliate program membership with FCA and similar programs for many other manufacturers (mine has pretty much most makers in NA that I'd want to shop). Costco membership also comes with access to FCA affiliate rewards program and others. FCA's affiliate program provides for a 1% discount below invoice; certain high demand vehicles are going to be excluded so don't run out and demand below invoice pricing for a Demon, for example. The dealer is made whole by the program so it costs them nothing. All the programs work the same way - you use your membership to whatever you have (employer, TL, Costco, American Association of Retired Circus Clowns, etc.) to login to a website where you eventually get issued a number to give to the dealer; the dealer can then pull that up and verify it and eventually get their comp from the program. So your best approach is to negotiate the best deal you can and once you both agree bring up the subject of the affiliate discount which *should* allow you to drop another 1% discount off invoice. Understand that the code you generate has a finite lifetime and typically you can only generate 2 per year so don't bother generating it until you are reasonably certain you are going to be making a deal.
Hope that helps.

DaveDennisJeep

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
We can now positively confirm that Affiliate Rewards Member Program (i.e. Tread Lightly Discount) applies for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL and JLU. Below is a list of all the programs / reward programs that currently apply to the 2018 Wrangler.

What is Tread Lightly Discount?

The Tread Lightly Discount / The Affiliate Rewards Program guarantees a buyer preferred pricing -- the purchase or lease of a participating Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT, and Fiat vehicle at 1% below factory invoice price. Of course, using this discount does not preclude you from trying to negotiate an even better deal at more than 1% below invoice price. And you can combine this discount with current incentives.

Tread Lightly membership currently costs $100 annually (you can cancel after purchasing your vehicle). After signing up, you must be a member for 30 days before you can use the discount to purchase / lease your Jeep.

How do I apply the discount?

1) Sign up for Tread Lightly membership at https://www.treadlightly.org/

2) After being a Tread Lightly member for 30 days, call (888) 444-4321 or visit https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/ to obtain your Control Number. If you use the website, you will need to enter a "Company Code" which is listed on the back of your Tread Lightly membership welcome letter.

3) Take your Control Number, along with the letter you received in your membership package with your name on it to any U.S. Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealership. You MUST have your membership letter to get the discount. If you no longer have your letter, just email [email protected].

4) Ask for a copy of the vehicle invoice, and you'll see the Preferred Price (PP) clearly listed.

5) Drive away in your new JL Wrangler!

2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Incentives Tread Lightly.jpg
This is a SERIOUS program!

Dave Dennis CJDR in Ohio is doing 5% below invoice on all orders when you're a member of Tread Lightly. Just shoot an email to [email protected] with what you are looking for and they'll give you a quote. REALLY helps the new Ruby not hurt quite as badly.

They are HUGE in the jeep community in Ohio. Check it out, it's definitely worth the email!
23fb6n-jpg.jpg

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Karl_in_Chicago-
PS, thanks for the info. It ended up that my dealer did better and said I would not need to use an affiliate number. So saved me a few bucks on that membership and waiting for the number.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Karl_in_Chicago-
PS, thanks for the info. It ended up that my dealer did better and said I would not need to use an affiliate number. So saved me a few bucks on that membership and waiting for the number.
Glad to hear it! BTW I'm not dissing TL, was only pointing out it's just ONE way to get affiliate discounts. TL *does* do many things beyond just getting people a Jeep discount, though; consider it like a Ducks Unlimited for Offroading.

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
^Me either. I used TL as a starting point for discussion. As in, affiliate pricing this guarantees 1% under invoice, so what's your best :)

bdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
^Me either. I used TL as a starting point for discussion. As in, affiliate pricing this guarantees 1% under invoice, so what's your best :)
How did that work out for you? That is the approach I am planning on taking but waiting for Sting-Gray before I talk to dealers. I read someone else's post saying to mention the TL discount after negotiating. Not sure which approach is better.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
How did that work out for you? That is the approach I am planning on taking but waiting for Sting-Gray before I talk to dealers. I read someone else's post saying to mention the TL discount after negotiating. Not sure which approach is better.
Everyone will tell you something different. I negotiate purchases for a living and this is my perspective - don't hide the ball. Know what a fair aggressive price going in is and ask for it and tell them you will use affiliate pricing to get it. If you treat it like a game they will play games. If you are professional they will generally be professional.

Not the only way to do it but after doing a few thousand purchases you tend to cut the bullshit.

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I wish I knew when mine was coming. I'm in a different situation then most you guys. I put a deposit down on JL last thur because it was listed on dealer website but i found out its still in transit. week later and I have no idea when it will arrive. frustrating

Sponsored

BZRUBICON

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon, 2000 corvette
I ordered a JLUR on 2-7 and joined TL the same day. But since then I have noticed a few lucky people have gotten their jeep in less than 30 days. If by some off chance my Jeep is ready in less than 30 days does anyone know how screwed I might be? I mentioned the affiliate code when ordering and he said to bring it when I pickup but I don't see any mention of it on the buyer's order form I signed.
IMG_20180209_121027662.jpg
IMG_20180209_121006455.jpg

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
I ordered a JLUR on 2-7 and joined TL the same day. But since then I have noticed a few lucky people have gotten their jeep in less than 30 days. If by some off chance my Jeep is ready in less than 30 days does anyone know how screwed I might be? I mentioned the affiliate code when ordering and he said to bring it when I pickup but I don't see any mention of it on the buyer's order form I signed.
Congratulations on your new order!

I believe there was only one member if I recall correctly that got it in 4 weeks. I think you should be fine. Its a little rare to get it that quick...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That would be a nice problem to have. I like your optimism on your ship time.

I'm sure it would work out. Same kind of thing happened when I bought my wife's Tahoe and let's just say the dealer misplaced the paperwork for a couple of weeks and then found it and sent it in.

BZRUBICON

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon, 2000 corvette
I just got an updated POC with a VIN and a VON and an estimated ship date of 2-22. I really hope it all works out! Although after reading through the tracking thread it seems ship dates don't mean much haha

Last edited:

#SquadGoals

First Name
Brittney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara
I am headed to another dealer today that advertised the 5% below invoice to see what rhey offer on my trade
Who and where and how did it go?
Sponsored