Sponsored

Confirmed: Tread Lightly Discount (Affiliate Rewards Program) Applies to 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
When I do my membership for tread lightly, the page gives you the option to put in a club name, is the JL wrangler forum recognized as a club?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ-5/2015 JKURHR
Interesting about Bob Baker.I bought my 2015 JK and a 2015 Grand from them 4 years ago. I got a price around $1200 under invoice IIRC. The thing at the time was that I found all these "services" in So Cal offered up about the same discount. From AAA to Costco, Tru-Car and everything in between. I used USAA at the time. I never found anyone that let you "double-up" any program. Just starting research and paying attention getting ready to upgrade. I've got time since waiting for a Diesel. Tread Lightly wasn't much useful at the time. I've got homework to do for sure.
Cheers

Village_Idiot

First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fifty Camaro 2LT
Sorry if this is not the place for this... Currently working with Craig Benner at Koons on a 2019 JL Rubicon. 6% off invoice + 1% Tread Lightly.

Capture.PNG

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
From everything I've read the Tread Lightly discount is an additional 1% beyond your negotiated purchase price, correct?
What is the nicest way to tell a dealer they're wrong when they tell you it's simply 1% below invoice and not an additional 1%?
The dealer doesn't lose any money, correct?

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
From everything I've read the Tread Lightly discount is an additional 1% beyond your negotiated purchase price, correct?
What is the nicest way to tell a dealer they're wrong when they tell you it's simply 1% below invoice and not an additional 1%?
The dealer doesn't lose any money, correct?
Tread lightly is 1% below invoice that actually reimburses the dealer back 2% for their troubles. A dealer doesn't have to honor it, and they CAN combine other discounts if they want to. When I bought my JLU, I paid 5% below invoice with Tread Lightly.

When shopping for the JLU, I inquired at the dealer I bought my JK from. They said they could either do 3% below invoice OR Tread Lightly but they wouldn't combine them. Then the owner said some BS about they'd get into trouble with FCA for combining offers. So this is why I own 2 Jeeps from 2 different dealers.

Just tell the dealer he's wrong. I did it in those words. If they can't be honest enough to say that 1% is all they're willing to do, then find another dealer.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Does anyone know if a Costco membership if affiliated with TL? My parents are members and TL allows you to use family members with the same last name.

badtux

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
Does anyone know if a Costco membership if affiliated with TL? My parents are members and TL allows you to use family members with the same last name.
Costco is not a member of the Chrysler affiliate program as they are not a Chrysler supplier nor owned or founded by Chrysler. Chrysler was a co-founder of Tread Lightly, thus why TL can offer the affiliate discount.

cfirestone

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
New Smyrna Jeep does 10% off MSRP with affiliates or tread lightly #... can ask for Chase sales manager 3864241300 ext 1332... 2555 SR 44 New Smyrna Beach FL 32168

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
When I logged into the affiliate website I was able to get a control number generated even though my 30 days is not up. Not sure if I still need to wait or if the dealer is good with the control number.

Edit: Yeah all the dealer needs is the control number. Wish I would have checked even earlier.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
When I logged into the affiliate website I was able to get a control number generated even though my 30 days is not up. Not sure if I still need to wait or if the dealer is good with the control number.

Edit: Yeah all the dealer needs is the control number. Wish I would have checked even earlier.
My dealer needed a copy of the actual TL letter stating your membership start date in addition to the control number. YMMV.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New Smyrna Jeep does 10% off MSRP with affiliates or tread lightly #... can ask for Chase sales manager 3864241300 ext 1332... 2555 SR 44 New Smyrna Beach FL 32168
10%, that's unreal? Great if it is true.

For a 2019? Any trade or straight purchase? Including destination? Was that straight up or was that with military, direct marketing cash, other incentives? Any other back-end requirements or add-ons like financing, prep-fees? FL is known to have high DOC fees, what was the DOC fee?

***EDIT*** I mistakenly thought 10% under invoice not msrp. 10% under msrp is a decent deal in many areas. My apologies to cfirestone.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah my sales guy gave me bad information. I did need to wait the full 30 days after all.
The factory looks to be really pumping them out lately. Might need to leave your JL at dealer for bit before taking delivery if your JL gets built before the 30 days. How long ago did you order?

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
10%, that's unreal? Great if it is true.

For a 2019? Any trade or straight purchase? Including destination? Was that straight up or was that with military, direct marketing cash, other incentives? Any other back-end requirements or add-ons like financing, prep-fees? FL is known to have high DOC fees, what was the DOC fee?
Actually, 10% off MSRP isn't as good as 5% off Invoice. 5% off invoice ends up being close to 12% off MSRP.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, 10% off MSRP isn't as good as 5% off Invoice. 5% off invoice ends up being close to 12% off MSRP.
I misread the post originally. I mistakenly thought he meant -10% under invoice. lol.
Sponsored