Sponsored

Confirmed: Tread Lightly Discount (Affiliate Rewards Program) Applies to 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
Great cause and they people running it are great.
No doubt and I love what they do, just getting nervous I will have my Jeep prior to the info. I plan to continue to support them even after this.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
No doubt and I love what they do, just getting nervous I will have my Jeep prior to the info. I plan to continue to support them even after this.
I would be very surprised if they did not have your number and could email it right away. My packet must have gotten lost in the mail. I called them after 2 weeks and they offered to email my number right away and send a replacement packet. Call them now and I bet you will have your number before the end of business. I plan on supporting them by renewing after my subscription expires also. Good Luck!

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Here is a contact at Tread Lightly.
Mandy Craft, Membership Manager
801-627-0077

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Are people getting deala bettwr than tread lightly? Or is 1 percent below invoice good enough?

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Yes ^^

search the forums and you'll find dealers offering minimum 5% under invoice. Which leads me to the question...

if i have a dealer offering me 5% under invoice and i have a tread lightly, will i get 6% under? I've seen some get that extra percent for being a member

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
if i have a dealer offering me 5% under invoice and i have a tread lightly, will i get 6% under? I've seen some get that extra percent for being a member
Not necessarily, you need to ask your dealer if they will stack the two. My ordering dealership told me upfront I can't have both discounts so I'll be at 5%.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
My dealer Tyson Motors has a nice Red Rubicon on lot for 6% under invoice with thread lightly

A4D767C2-3479-4448-A799-E32A88D6D14F.png

Sponsored

dmor1019

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 K1500, 2013 Hyundai Sonata
I am new to the forum, joined as I will be ordering a '19 early next year, so if I missed this I apologize, I live just south of Indianapolis and I would like to know what you folks do to get a dealer to go below invoice right off the bat. I am a Tread Lightly member and figure this should help, but unless I am reading some of the posts wrong, some folks are getting below invoice with out the TL number. Please type slow as I am a little older than most here...

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
I am new to the forum, joined as I will be ordering a '19 early next year, so if I missed this I apologize, I live just south of Indianapolis and I would like to know what you folks do to get a dealer to go below invoice right off the bat. I am a Tread Lightly member and figure this should help, but unless I am reading some of the posts wrong, some folks are getting below invoice with out the TL number. Please type slow as I am a little older than most here...
Mention of the Tread Lightly affiliate program should get you a guaranteed 1% below invoice from any dealer, however dealers are not required to participate. But I used the TL to help get to 5% below invoice.

About a month before you're ready to buy, find the websites for all the dealers you would like to get a quote from. I picked about a 100 mile circle around me. The websites all look about the same. They usually use the same web template. Anyway, there should be a contact us page where you can fill out a form for information. I sent the following letter to a bunch of dealers. (This letter format was suggested by someone here on a thread somewhere)

Attn: Internet Sales Manager
I am in the market for a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4dr) with the following options:

• 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (4dr) "Sport"
  • Automatic Transmission
  • Freedom Hardtop
  • Mopar Floor Mats
  • Color: Hellayella
  • Black cloth interior

I am well aware of the pricing structure currently offered, and am strictly putting this out to find who can give me the best offer.

As a baseline, Wranglers below the Rubicon trim level are being offered at six percent below invoice pricing by a number of dealerships around the country, who also offer Rubicon and above trim levels at four percent below invoice pricing.

The invoice price for the configuration I'm seeking is: $33,303. Therefore, the baseline price to beat is $32,749.82. (including Dest. Charge).

I have secured my financing at this time, and my time frame for purchase is within the next 2-4 weeks. I realize that this Jeep will need to be ordered and anticipate up to 10 weeks for a factory order to be delivered.

I do not have a vehicle to trade in.

Once someone contacted me back I also mentioned that I had an affiliate code for 1% below invoice. I also had a quote from one of the known cheap guys that was about 4 hours from me. Check the other threads for these dealers and pick the closest to you. Get a quote from them and this will be your fallback plan if everyone near you decided not to play ball.

For me, a local guy ended up matching the cheap quote I had for 5% off with the TL code.

dmor1019

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mention of the Tread Lightly affiliate program should get you a guaranteed 1% below invoice from any dealer, however dealers are not required to participate. But I used the TL to help get to 5% below invoice.

About a month before you're ready to buy, find the websites for all the dealers you would like to get a quote from. I picked about a 100 mile circle around me. The websites all look about the same. They usually use the same web template. Anyway, there should be a contact us page where you can fill out a form for information. I sent the following letter to a bunch of dealers. (This letter format was suggested by someone here on a thread somewhere)

Attn: Internet Sales Manager
I am in the market for a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4dr) with the following options:

• 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (4dr) "Sport"
  • Automatic Transmission
  • Freedom Hardtop
  • Mopar Floor Mats
  • Color: Hellayella
  • Black cloth interior

I am well aware of the pricing structure currently offered, and am strictly putting this out to find who can give me the best offer.

As a baseline, Wranglers below the Rubicon trim level are being offered at six percent below invoice pricing by a number of dealerships around the country, who also offer Rubicon and above trim levels at four percent below invoice pricing.

The invoice price for the configuration I'm seeking is: $33,303. Therefore, the baseline price to beat is $32,749.82. (including Dest. Charge).

I have secured my financing at this time, and my time frame for purchase is within the next 2-4 weeks. I realize that this Jeep will need to be ordered and anticipate up to 10 weeks for a factory order to be delivered.

I do not have a vehicle to trade in.

Once someone contacted me back I also mentioned that I had an affiliate code for 1% below invoice. I also had a quote from one of the known cheap guys that was about 4 hours from me. Check the other threads for these dealers and pick the closest to you. Get a quote from them and this will be your fallback plan if everyone near you decided not to play ball.

For me, a local guy ended up matching the cheap quote I had for 5% off with the TL code.

Thanks so much for this, I will go this route when my time is close.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I donā€™t know what typing slow has to do with the speed you read lol

If you do a quick search youā€™ll find many dealers offering 4-6% off invoice without tread lightly. Some dealers will honor the extra 1% and some will say they are already discounting enough. Depending on your location, there are many dealers to select from and deal with.

Please search the forums for the many recommended dealers and contacts.

dmor1019

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I donā€™t know what typing slow has to do with the speed you read lol

If you do a quick search youā€™ll find many dealers offering 4-6% off invoice without tread lightly. Some dealers will honor the extra 1% and some will say they are already discounting enough. Depending on your location, there are many dealers to select from and deal with.

Please search the forums for the many recommended dealers and contacts.

LOL yes you are right about typing and reading. Thanks I appreciate your input this is why I joined this forum so much I don't know, last time I bought a new Jeep was in 1980, wish I still had it, thanks again.
Sponsored