Sponsored

Confirmed: Tread Lightly Discount (Affiliate Rewards Program) Applies to 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

77ggomez

First Name
Gerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 YJ.
Yes. But that was on a JKU not a JLU.

Got to around 3% off. But couldn't pull the trigger because of some life stuff.

But it's good to have this a starting point. At least you won't pay more than this. And the dealer gets compensated by the factory so they can use it to improve the deal such as a better price on your trade.
Tread lightly works just like any other affiliate. It's basically the same program. And it applies to the JL. But the dealer has discretion whether he wants to honor it for the JL.

You can call your HR department and get your affiliate code.

Then find another dealer. Once you get a dealer to honor it you can go back to the first dealer and shove it in his face. Several members have had to do that.
I figured as much, the sales guy looked at me like I was a rookie. I already generated my code, luckily I can go to my website and get it. Tomorrow I'll be going to another dealer that called me back and said they'd honor it, now it's time bargain with what I can lol. Thanks much ThirtyOne!.
Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So I've been a member for more than 30 days, all I have to do now is call to get my control # and bring my (membership letter) with me to the dealer? What does the membership letter look like?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wrangler Willy's 2dr.
So I've been a member for more than 30 days, all I have to do now is call to get my control # and bring my (membership letter) with me to the dealer? What does the membership letter look like?

Like this:

Attachments

Last edited:

sadass

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98. 5.9 ZJ 7"LA's F/R locked 2000 WJ DD
Occupation
Semi-Conductor Equipment Tech.
Vehicle Showcase
I Have been in contact with a local Dealer Who will honor the Tread Lightly program deal. I have received my membership letter and called to activate /receive my control number. However, I only joined the Tread lightly program 12 day ago. Can the dealer now plug that control number in and we can start the order process for the JLUR that I want. Or do I need to wait the 30 days before I start the order process as I was told by the woman who issued me the Control Number. I am not looking at sitting down with the dealer for another 4 days. No way would the jeep arrive at the dealer in under 15 days. Was she correct in saying I can not order my jeep until the 30 days is up? Even with the control number and membership letter in hand?

Thank you fellow Jeeper's!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I Have been in contact with a local Dealer Who will honor the Tread Lightly program deal. I have received my membership letter and called to activate /receive my control number. However, I only joined the Tread lightly program 12 day ago. Can the dealer now plug that control number in and we can start the order process for the JLUR that I want. Or do I need to wait the 30 days before I start the order process as I was told by the woman who issued me the Control Number. I am not looking at sitting down with the dealer for another 4 days. No way would the jeep arrive at the dealer in under 15 days. Was she correct in saying I can not order my jeep until the 30 days is up? Even with the control number and membership letter in hand?

Thank you fellow Jeeper's!
You need to take delivery 30 days after you join. But you should go ahead and order.

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
You need to take delivery 30 days after you join. But you should go ahead and order.
Do you think you can put an order in, then join Tread Lightly and when JL arrives at dealership dealer then plugs in the Tread Lightly discount?

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Do you think you can put an order in, then join Tread Lightly and when JL arrives at dealership dealer then plugs in the Go Lightly discount?
Yes. But if it was me I would tell the dealer you will have a certificate when you take delivery and make them price it in. When you do the order you should get a POC and have them write in the discounts they are giving you and you should also get a sales order that shows the OTD price and it should also show your deposit if any. You would want that to reflect the tread lightly discount.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Yes. But if it was me I would tell the dealer you will have a certificate when you take delivery and make them price it in. When you do the order you should get a POC and have them write in the discounts they are giving you and you should also get an invoice that shows the OTD price and it should also show your deposit if any. You would want that to reflect the tread lightly discount.
Thanks for your input.. I already ordered (2/13/18) and a have a POC in hand. Does stealership have to honor the Tread Lightly if I present after POC and at time of delivery in 2 months or so?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for your input.. I already ordered (2/13/18) and a have a POC in hand. Do stealership have to honor the Tread Lightly if I present after POC and at time of delivery in 2 months or so?
They don't have to honor it. I recommend handling pricing at the time you order. If you didn't then I would do it now.

Just call your dealer and talk to him. Let us know how it goes.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
They don't have to honor it. I recommend handling pricing at the time you order. If you didn't then I would do it now.

Just call your dealer and talk to him. Let us know how it goes.
I just spoke with the General Sales Manager where I ordered the 2 dr. JL. It's a real, real small dealership.

He was candid and said he did not know about Tread Lightly and that he would get back to me.

ANYWAY, he just called me back and said he would gladly try to apply the Tread Lightly discount when I pickup/finalize the purchase of the JL when it arrives in 2 months or whatever. He said at time of sale there is a "place to plug in "affiliate discount" and that he would plug it in and if accepted into the system I would indeed get the 1% off invoice price.

So, with that said, I guess it is well worth the gamble for me to join Tread Lightly. Most I'd be out of is the Tread Lightly membership fee but it also could mean $ saved thanks to 1% off invoice pricing.

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I just spoke with the General Sales Manager where I ordered the 2 dr. JL. It's a real, real small dealership.

He was candid and said he did not know about Tread Lightly and that he would get back to me.

ANYWAY, he just called me back and said he would gladly try to apply the Tread Lightly discount when I pickup/finalize the purchase of the JL when it arrives in 2 months or whatever. He said at time of sale there is a "place to plug in "affiliate discount" and that he would plug it in and if accepted into the system I would indeed get the 1% off invoice price.

So, with that said, I guess it is well worth the gamble for me to join Tread Lightly. Most I'd be out of is the Tread Lightly membership fee but it also could mean $ saved thanks to 1% off invoice pricing.

Any thoughts on this?
That all sounds correct. but...

If it were me i woiuld:

A). Get it in writing

B) ask your dealer to talk to their rep and confirm instead of just giving you the "I'll try and see" line

Your dealer sounds like a straight shooter. But i would feel better eliminating the uncertainty now.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
That all sounds correct. but...

If it were me i woiuld:

A). Get it in writing

B) ask your dealer to talk to their rep and confirm instead of just giving you the "I'll try and see" line

Your dealer sounds like a straight shooter. But i would feel better eliminating the uncertainty now.
Thanks for your input. General Sales Manager talked to his Rep and they see no reason why it would not work. If code does not work then no 1% off for me though. I'm going to join Tread Lightly and if I get the 1% so be it and if I don't I lost a $100 bet so to speak..

I don't want to push this GSM for it in writing as it really was not part of our original negotiation. He already has bent over backwards for me in regard to this deal. He is a straight up guy. No, no GSM is your friend but ... ho, ho, ho.

I'll let you know how I make out down the road.

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
Thanks for your input. General Sales Manager talked to his Rep and they see no reason why it would not work. If code does not work then no 1% off for me though. I'm going to join Tread Lightly and if I get the 1% so be it and if I don't I lost a $100 bet so to speak..

I don't want to push this GSM for it in writing as it really was not part of our original negotiation. He already has bent over backwards for me in regard to this deal. He is a straight up guy. No, no GSM is your friend but ... ho, ho, ho.

I'll let you know how I make out down the road.
His job is to sell, don't feel bad making him do his job. I've seen several times on here people go back to pick up their jeep and the dealer changes the terms and the person that orders gets screwed and doesn't get their car.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
His job is to sell, don't feel bad making him do his job. I've seen several times on here people go back to pick up their jeep and the dealer changes the terms and the person that orders gets screwed and doesn't get their car.
Oh, I agree. Won't go into specifics here on the forum but this GSM has gone way out of his way for me already. He won't burn his bridges with me for 1% so I'll not get pushey for it in writing. Reality is, we are talking 1% which will net me say $300 ..

Last edited:

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I agree. Won't go into specifics here on the forum but this GSM has gone way out of his way for me already. He won't burn his bridges with me for 1% so I'll not get pushey for it in writing. Reality is, we are talking 1% which will net me say $300 ..
Not really true, it’s more money you save off MSRP and any additional charges over MSRP that the dealer would add on top to someone that just walks on to the lot without a 1% discount from tread Lightly
Sponsored