Sponsored

Confirmed: Tread Lightly Discount (Affiliate Rewards Program) Applies to 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

We can now positively confirm that Affiliate Rewards Member Program (i.e. Tread Lightly Discount) applies for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL and JLU. Below is a list of all the programs / reward programs that currently apply to the 2018 Wrangler.

What is Tread Lightly Discount?

The Tread Lightly Discount / The Affiliate Rewards Program guarantees a buyer preferred pricing -- the purchase or lease of a participating Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT, and Fiat vehicle at 1% below factory invoice price. Of course, using this discount does not preclude you from trying to negotiate an even better deal at more than 1% below invoice price. And you can combine this discount with current incentives.

Tread Lightly membership currently costs $100 annually (you can cancel after purchasing your vehicle). After signing up, you must be a member for 30 days before you can use the discount to purchase / lease your Jeep.

How do I apply the discount?

1) Sign up for Tread Lightly membership at https://www.treadlightly.org/

2) After being a Tread Lightly member for 30 days, call (888) 444-4321 or visit https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/ to obtain your Control Number. If you use the website, you will need to enter a "Company Code" which is listed on the back of your Tread Lightly membership welcome letter.

3) Take your Control Number, along with the letter you received in your membership package with your name on it to any U.S. Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealership. You MUST have your membership letter to get the discount. If you no longer have your letter, just email [email protected].

4) Ask for a copy of the vehicle invoice, and you'll see the Preferred Price (PP) clearly listed.

5) Drive away in your new JL Wrangler!

2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Incentives Tread Lightly.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
It shows the end date as January 2, 2018. I assume it will be extended?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
It shows the end date as January 2, 2018. I assume it will be extended?
They redo these programs frequently. There should be no reason not to honor our military or honor our valuable affiliates after this program date.

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
Does anyone have experience not using the Tread Lightly discount and still getting 1% or better below invoice?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Yes. But that was on a JKU not a JLU.

Got to around 3% off. But couldn't pull the trigger because of some life stuff.

But it's good to have this a starting point. At least you won't pay more than this. And the dealer gets compensated by the factory so they can use it to improve the deal such as a better price on your trade.

Sponsored

Rargo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 Door
Occupation
Warranty Admin
Will this work if I have already placed my Rubicon order? Looks like it won't be in until late Feb (I hope)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Will this work if I have already placed my Rubicon order? Looks like it won't be in until late Feb (I hope)
Yes. But you need to have it for 30 days before you take delivery.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have experience not using the Tread Lightly discount and still getting 1% or better below invoice?
Me. My dealer put in writing 1% below invoice for my JLUR.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I just spent 90 minutes writing up an order with Bob Baker Jeep in Carlsbad CA with the Internet Sales Manager. Nice guy who even looked to see if they had something close in the orders that already placed for stock. Not close enough so I said order as I'll wait. They then went through finance and abruptly stopped the process stating they would not honor the Tread Lightly program and if ordered it would for sure be above invoice. I said no thanks, give me all my credit documents back and I have since called the affiliates program who said they can't force a dealership to take the program.

SO... Don't use Bob Baker - it's confirmed they will over the phone but once you get to them wanting to take your "order fee" of $500 that is not refundable you'll be told they in fact won't honor tread lightly. Very disappointed.

See below for update - they sort of fixed it, we'll see.

Last edited:

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I ordered through Central Valley Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Fiat in Modesto, they took the order confirming the tread lightly discount, and said that they are a certified affiliate dealership (whatever that means) so they deal with them all the time.

The beauty is, they didn't even ask for a deposit. I walked in, placed the order, shook hands and was on my way. Easy!

Sponsored

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
I just spent 90 minutes writing up an order with Bob Baker Jeep in Carlsbad CA with the Internet Sales Manager. Nice guy who even looked to see if they had something close in the orders that already placed for stock. Not close enough so I said order as I'll wait. They then went through finance and abruptly stopped the process stating they would not honor the Tread Lightly program and if ordered it would for sure be above invoice. I said no thanks, give me all my credit documents back and I have since called the affiliates program who said they can't force a dealership to take the program.

SO... Don't use Bob Baker - it's confirmed they will over the phone but once you get to them wanting to take your "order fee" of $500 that is not refundable you'll be told they in fact won't honor tread lightly. Very disappointed.

Thanks for the info. This is the closest jeep dealer to me so now I won't waste my time there.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. This is the closest jeep dealer to me so now I won't waste my time there.

Hold for a minute born2bleed, they did order but now i'm trying to see if they'll now be the better dealer and do it on faith and NOT drag me back in there! I'll let you know. I believe in second chances AND was the whole reason I wanted to NOT deal with sales folks and their games - I think there fleet manager worked to fix the problem.

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
A member in another thread posted that the Dealership sold him the jeep at $500 over dealer cost. Is that $500 over invoice or is dealer cost a different price all together and which one would be more advantageous, the $500 over dealer cost or Tread Lightly discount? @JLWF Dealer Guy

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I would never use the dealer cost term. It is irrelevant because of payments they receive later. I would use the invoice term. $500 over invoice is not a good deal. You want 1% below invoice (Affiliate Partner Discount ....AKA Tread Lightly).

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
I would never use the dealer cost term. It is irrelevant because of payments they receive later. I would use the invoice term. $500 over invoice is not a good deal. You want 1% below invoice (Affiliate Partner Discount ....AKA Tread Lightly).
Thanks for the info!
Sponsored