Confirmed JL Dealership Arrivals

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Ha.Ha. I had to google that one.

Those key fobs are HUGE.

Are they the same size across all trims regardless of features? If I get a Sport with manual locks, is the key fob still that big?
I don't believe they are all that huge. I recall Roman saying in the TFL video his was huge (it looked it compared to another video where I think mark Allen demonstrated it fitting in the cup holder slot) because it had the auto start buttons, etc.
Sponsored

MOKE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 F-150, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Business Development
I don't believe they are all that huge. I recall Roman saying in the TFL video his was huge (it looked it compared to another video where I think mark Allen demonstrated it fitting in the cup holder slot) because it had the auto start buttons, etc.
The sport and Rubi were the exact same size at the dealership yesterday. And that size was freaking huge.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Only way I was able to watch the video was on mute. I enjoyed seeing the interior in greater detail but couldn’t stand hearing him talk.

OK, so I'm not the only one who caught that. I was like, what is this dude talking about..

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
The key fob is huge... How much more refined it was driving on the road was my biggest takeaway. The telescoping wheel is such a simple addition but makes a world of difference. The rubi I looked at was lacking a few options that I wanted for 52k but the dealership seem motivated to move it and knew of the K***s deal. They did mention they have many more en route and to meet the deal of K***s you simply need to make a downpayment before it arrives on lot. I will be doing so in the next few days.
So you actually got to test drive one? Would love to hear more on comparison to JKU on-road driving.

Sponsored

MOKE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Development
I would like to avoid getting completely smashed by the forum trolls. The JL felt more refined than driving the JK. The steering was what really impressed me, it was tight and very responsive. The JK always felt like a raw vehicle made to be upgraded and enjoyed solely on the trails. The JL was easy to drive and will appeal more to the masses that don't push the envelope in these things. That being said, I was in the sport with the smaller tires. It just felt like the JL was overall more refined, from steering to putting power down to the wheels. I felt like these changes were much overdue and the JL is finally capable of being that daily driver. It felt more like driving a GC than a off-road performance box on wheels.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I would like to avoid getting completely smashed by the forum trolls. The JL felt more refined than driving the JK. The steering was what really impressed me, it was tight and very responsive. The JK always felt like a raw vehicle made to be upgraded and enjoyed solely on the trails. The JL was easy to drive and will appeal more to the masses that don't push the envelope in these things. That being said, I was in the sport with the smaller tires. It just felt like the JL was overall more refined, from steering to putting power down to the wheels. I felt like these changes were much overdue and the JL is finally capable of being that daily driver. It felt more like driving a GC than a off-road performance box on wheels.
Thank you! That is exactly what I was hoping for, I own and have owned a few JKs and TJs.... I love(d) my JK(s) but always felt it was built to a low standard in some respects ( no, not off-road capability) they weren’t detailed oriented or dilberate about the design and quality of the JK ( just my opinion, and I still bought them) what I always had hoped for was for Jeep to take it to the next level, I’m really convinced they have.... I’ll get hate mail for my JK opinion I’m sure, I still love the JK’s but I can’t help but relay my thoughts on them.

Last edited:

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Thanks. This is good to hear. Assuming this had the 8-speed Auto? What were your impressions of the change there & how that translated to overall acceleration.

MOKE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Development
Thanks. This is good to hear. Assuming this had the 8-speed Auto? What were your impressions of the change there & how that translated to overall acceleration.
Power delivery felt much improved, I am not sure if that was because of the new gearing or just smaller tires and the 4Auto of the sport. I didn't have enough time behind the wheel to give you insight on the new transmission and acceleration.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I just noticed on Jeep's website there are two in transit. a Sport S going to Seattle and a Sahara going to Kirkland. :clap:
Is there a link for that?

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
We have a 2014 300 Hemi C with the 8spd, and I have a 2017 300 AWD with the 3.6 8spd combo. I can tell you, no complaints.

JJJ

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Sahara YJ in Sage Green
I notice when going to an inventory page above and searching my area the Rubicon that the electronic infotainment is priced at $1495 instead of the $1295 I am seeing on the jeep build site. Anyone else catach or hear anything about this adjustment?

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I notice when going to an inventory page above and searching my area the Rubicon that the electronic infotainment is priced at $1495 instead of the $1295 I am seeing on the jeep build site. Anyone else catach or hear anything about this adjustment?
$1495 is correct. The Alpine speakers/ subwoofer by themselves is $1295. The builder is wrong.
Sponsored