Sponsored

Confirmed JL Dealership Arrivals

mark195

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2016 SRT
If you guys say so our doc fee is $138...
Why do you keep arguing over this? As someone else said not a good way to get business for yourself by bashing someone else.

What are you offering? I’m local to you but ordered from Koons as no one could come close. I think you said somewhere you’d be 1% below invoice....even if you factor in their higher doc fee they’re at least 3% better than you which is real money. Assuming avg price of 40-50k that’s 1,200-1,500 savings. Well worth the 2-3 hour trip for me.

If you want to offer your own deal sure people would be happy to consider it but suggest you not try to argue with everyone on here especially since you’ve already made clear what dealer you’re with. Just a thought...
Sponsored

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
The dealer I bought from has $0 doc fees. I'd like to hear a dealer justify the hundreds that most charge for this. How much does it really cost for someone to do a few minutes of typing.

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
The dealer I bought from has $0 doc fees. I'd like to hear a dealer justify the hundreds that most charge for this. How much does it really cost for someone to do a few minutes of typing.
Where was this?

Thomastko

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
I am not trying to trash anybody just pointing out the obvious......How can anybody think they are getting 5% below invoice when their ad clearly stated that they are going to charge you a "processing fee" of $699.......:headbang:
My dealer charged me 299 doc fees.. and even with the koons fee its still i bigger savings maybe not as advertized but still something and my question is how are they not taking a lost

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
FWIW Koon's told me that they'd have no issue picking me up from Amtrack's Union Square Station in DC either (in addition to the airports they stipulate).

As far as "this dealer" (any dealer) taking this % off of FWP, but "that dealer" adding this processing fee, or this documenting fee.....

It's all about the number you get at the bottom, not including things the dealer collects money for, but does not charge for, like taxes, and DMV cost for license and title.

Personally, I'd like a dealer to give me a better deal contingent on my agreement to have service done by them: the place where they really make their $; at least there, win-win arrangements can be made.

Sponsored

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It's all about the number you get at the bottom, not including things the dealer collects money for, but does charge for, like taxes, and DMV cost for license and title.
^^^^^^^^^
This

I didn't want to fly across the country and drive back. Got mine local with my Tread Lightly and Military Discounts. I came in at right around 2% below invoice and the dealer provides a lifetime powertrain warranty. Could I have done better? Maybe. Was this hassle/pain free? You betcha, and that is worth something to me as well. BTW, doc fee's at this dealer are $199...

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
It's all about the number you get at the bottom, not including things the dealer collects money for, but does not charge for, like taxes, and DMV cost for license and title.
I agree. It is all about the bottom line. My dealer never charges doc fees, but my final total is similar to others who have made a deal with a higher percentage off invoice and then tacked on other administrative or doc fees. it is part of the game.

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
^^^^^^^^^
This

I didn't want to fly across the country and drive back. Got mine local with my Tread Lightly and Military Discounts. I came in at right around 2% below invoice and the dealer provides a lifetime powertrain warranty. Could I have done better? Maybe. Was this hassle/pain free? You betcha, and that is worth something to me as well. BTW, doc fee's at this dealer are $199...
How much did they charge for the lifetime warranty?

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
All dealers are are not engaged in this kind of deception. And its wrong for you to lump all"dealers" all together like that. The reason that Koons has this disclaimer :WE WILL NOT REIMBURSE FOR FLIGHTS OR ANY OTHER MODE OF TRANSPORTATION TO GET TO THE DEALERSHIP. WE WILL GLADLY PICK YOU UP FROM THE LOCAL AIRPORTS (DULLES AND REAGAN NATIONAL ONLY)

Why do you think this is in their"ad" I guarantee nothing like that is on my website...lol
I certainly didn't mean to imply all of them do these kinds of things, so please accept my aplogy. I know of a number of them that don't. Sorry if I offended you. However, many of them do these kinds of things, and others, like sticking money into the end of car loans. I've caught several over the years doing that by simply using a loan calculator and discovering 300 to 500 bucks stuck in there.

The dealer doing this 5% below invoice deal made a prolific presence here on the forum and somebody appears to have discovered a catch. On a roughly 40k vehicle, that fee adds up to about a percent and a half, making the deal 3 to 3.5 below invoice, which is still good, but not as good as advertised (Although it does appear they did state it in their ad). It smells sneaky, and it confirms the fears of many: Some dealers tack on hidden fees and charges. Man, I hope mine doesn't. They'll get ripped on Google if they do.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
That isn't bad, but when it climbes into the multiple hundreds, then you've got a shady dealer. I'd call 138 reasonable, but on the high end. If I gave someone 20 bucks an hour to fill out paperwork, then that would be 11 hours worth of pay. How tough is it to fill out paperwork? I do it all day and don't get any extra money for it.

Sponsored

VJ Smedlo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Copperhead AEV JKU, 2017 Chief JKU, 2018 Mojito! JLUR
At the risk of perpetuating this argument, I’d like to add some perspective.

CDJRSalespro is in Pennsylvania (I think) where, according to an undated table I found on Edmunds.com, the processing fee is capped by state law at $135. In Virginia, there is no such limit.

Koons is in Tyson’s Corner, which is about 12 miles from the US Capitol, in one of the most upscale parts of the Washington DC Area. The cost of living is quite high here. It makes total sense to me that car dealerships would charge higher fees to cover their higher operating expenses.

Koons is not out-of-line here. A $699 processing fee is normal for the DC Area.

In fact, I paid exactly that, a $699 processing fee, at a dealership in Manassas, VA (about 25 miles from the Capitol) this past August for my wife’s Chief Edition JKU. I didn’t blink when I saw that fee in Craig’s ad for the group buy.

Coming back to the topic of this thread, I hear that “some” Jeep dealerships around here are expecting offers $5,000 OVER invoice for the first JL’s to hit the ground in the DC Area.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
At the risk of perpetuating this argument, I’d like to add some perspective.

CDJRSalespro is in Pennsylvania (I think) where, according to an undated table I found on Edmunds.com, the processing fee is capped by state law at $135. In Virginia, there is no such limit.

Koons is in Tyson’s Corner, which is about 12 miles from the US Capitol, in one of the most upscale parts of the Washington DC Area. The cost of living is quite high here. It makes total sense to me that car dealerships would charge higher fees to cover their higher operating expenses.

Koons is not out-of-line here. A $699 processing fee is normal for the DC Area.

In fact, I paid exactly that, a $699 processing fee, at a dealership in Manassas, VA (about 25 miles from the Capitol) this past August for my wife’s Chief Edition JKU. I didn’t blink when I saw that fee in Craig’s ad for the group buy.

Coming back to the topic of this thread, I hear that “some” Jeep dealerships around here are expecting offers $5,000 OVER invoice for the first JL’s to hit the ground in the DC Area.
The table you referenced is here: https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html

Anyhow the real purpose of this thread I think is to document some of the early JLs that actually hit the lots. I think there will be a lot of activity here in the next week which may limit the tangents.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Dealer guy, any truth to the sold order being built first theory? If that holds true just about all of us who got our orders in the first week should be on a truck...
Looked like most were ordered on the first special allocation. It also looked like the sports were ran first, then saharas then rubicons with a few sprinkled in here and there. The orders to usually take priority. It looks like they wanted to get these moving and there are a ton of dealers in the US so everyone was putting in stock orders on 10/25