Sponsored

Confirmed JL Dealership Arrivals

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
I never would have thought to use a mini cordless drill for the windshield and door bolts. That is a marvelous idea and I will be getting one to keep in the Jeep.

I also love the look of the full cage, driving with the windshield down. I know some hate the look of it, but I think it looks proper. The only Jeeps that truly looked good with a folded windshield were the war GP's and the following CJ's (because of the triangular shaped cage). YJ's, TJ's, & JK's just look awful with the windshield down because it looks like someone sawzalled the cage in half. I never realized until now how much I approve of the permanent A pillars.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
If covered on another thread then apologies.

Is there someplace here where forum members can start reporting dealership sightings of the JL--maybe on an administrator thread? If not then here?

Are there concrete figures on when Dealers are expected to take initial stock?

OP note: Admin moved my post to this thread where my concerns are addressed. Thanks

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
getting the same info inCA so i sent the dealer links to this website

Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
getting the same info inCA so i sent the dealer links to this website
Wanderer, I'm headed to Bob Baker tomorrow at 9a to order mine - I'll let you know how it goes. I'm talking to the internet sales manager who they say is the one who knows how to order and 20 have been ordered as of yesterday at that dealership.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Awesome let me know my jku Rubi is there right now in the shop

steve386

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade TH DH, 2018 JLUR (soon)
I am getting the same thing here in Denver.
I would be happy to drive to the Springs for a test drive too.
I can't even get on a list to be called when the demos arrive.
If you or anyone else finds a dealer that's worth a d*mn in Colorado, send me a PM asap!
Camo, get in touch with Meghan Boxley at AutoNation Jeep on Arapahoe Rd. She's a Jeep girl from way back, super nice, and easy to work with. Tell her Steve J (waiting on HellaYella) sent you.

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Camo, get in touch with Meghan Boxley at AutoNation Jeep on Arapahoe Rd. She's a Jeep girl from way back, super nice, and easy to work with. Tell her Steve J (waiting on HellaYella) sent you.
Thank you Steve! I'll call Meghan today.

SisterRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon, soon I hope!!!
I am getting the same thing here in Denver.
I would be happy to drive to the Springs for a test drive too.
I can't even get on a list to be called when the demos arrive.
If you or anyone else finds a dealer that's worth a d*mn in Colorado, send me a PM asap!
Steve Speliotes at Prestige Chrysler Jeep in Longmont Colorado!!!
Phone number 303-946-4820
Great guy!!! I ordered my 2018 Rubicon there back in October!!!!

Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome let me know my jku Rubi is there right now in the shop
Well that was a waste of time -

I just spent 90 minutes writing up an order with Bob Baker Jeep in Carlsbad CA with the Internet Sales Manager. Nice guy who even looked to see if they had something close in the orders that already placed for stock. Not close enough so I said order as I'll wait. They then went through finance and abruptly stopped the process stating they would not honor the Tread Lightly program and if ordered it would for sure be above invoice. I said no thanks, give me all my credit documents back and I have since called the affiliates program who said they can't force a dealership to take the program.

SO... Don't use Bob Baker - it's confirmed they will over the phone but once you get to them wanting to take your "order fee" of $500 that is not refundable you'll be told they in fact won't honor tread lightly. Very disappointed.

FOLLOW UP - the fleet guy (Doug Wilson) fixed the problem, placed the order and my contact stated I will only have to deal with Doug, the other manager was incorrect - nice save Bob Baker!

Last edited:

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
Well that was a waste of time -

I just spent 90 minutes writing up an order with Bob Baker Jeep in Carlsbad CA with the Internet Sales Manager. Nice guy who even looked to see if they had something close in the orders that already placed for stock. Not close enough so I said order as I'll wait. They then went through finance and abruptly stopped the process stating they would not honor the Tread Lightly program and if ordered it would for sure be above invoice. I said no thanks, give me all my credit documents back and I have since called the affiliates program who said they can't force a dealership to take the program.

SO... Don't use Bob Baker - it's confirmed they will over the phone but once you get to them wanting to take your "order fee" of $500 that is not refundable you'll be told they in fact won't honor tread lightly. Very disappointed.

IMG_0956.JPG

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
They saved the deal - I added to my original post.
If it was me I'd order from another dealer out of spite. And then send Bob Barker a copy of my purchase order. And maybe poop in their parking lot. Then again...I am a spiteful SOB.

Get your $hit together Bob Barker.

P.S. I know it's Bob Baker. But Bob Barker makes it much funnier. Also, I am drunk.
Sponsored